Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:13 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Except that it's not self evident at all. None of the majority share holders at Time Warner are Jews.
Even if you remove Time Warner from the mix, the percentage still remains more than 80% and it's the only cite that you found a problem with.

Time's Founder and CEO was - it just so happens that he was fired after the merger and Steve Case is a gentile. I think Levin is no longer there either.

Do you really have a problem with the notion that the bulk of the worldwide media is Jewish-operated? I'm not even saying that it matters - regardless of who runs our media, it's always going to be slanted one way or another - maybe a small degree, maybe moreso. See: MSNBC / Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Even if you remove Time Warner from the mix, the percentage still remains more than 80% and it's the only cite that you found a problem with.

Time's Founder and CEO was - it just so happens that he was fired after the merger and Steve Case is a gentile. I think Levin is no longer there either.

Do you really have a problem with the notion that the bulk of the worldwide media is Jewish-operated? I'm not even saying that it matters - regardless of who runs our media, it's always going to be slanted one way or another - maybe a small degree, maybe moreso. See: MSNBC / Fox News.
Look, you're welcome to your opinion about Jews running the media. I don't care, and I'm a Jew.

But you have to back up your facts when you make statements like "Time Warner" is run by Jews because it's not. I'm actually trying to have a civil discussion about middle east politics with you, but if you're too lazy to fact check your claims, then it's going to be impossible to take you seriously.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Look, you're welcome to your opinion about Jews running the media. I don't care, and I'm a Jew.

But you have to back up your facts when you make statements like "Time Warner" is run by Jews because it's not. I'm actually trying to have a civil discussion about middle east politics with you, but if you're too lazy to fact check your claims, then it's going to be impossible to take you seriously.
Uh, we have never had a discussion about middle east politics. If you'd like to, we can, though.

I am under the impression that it will take an awfully long time and many private messages. Are you sure you can handle adult discussion?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Uh, we have never had a discussion about middle east politics.
No, but I've been trying ever since you posted this:

Quote:
2. I was a scholar in college on Middle Eastern History. Maybe we can chat at great length regarding the creation of both Israel and Palestine.
Of course, you also claimed in that same post that "Time Warner was run by Jews", which comes off as prepackaged anti-semitic fear with no basis in reality.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
No, but I've been trying ever since you posted this:

Of course, you also claimed in that same post that "Time Warner was run by Jews", which comes off as prepackaged anti-semitic fear with no basis in reality.
No, it doesn't.

The poster commented that the world's media was wholly AGAINST Israel/Jews and that we were guppies.

The big picture is that the media tends to be Jewish-run. So I asked if the Jewish media were against Jews?

My comment isn't about being anti-semitic (well, to be correct, anti-Jewish), but rather a response to someone who is of the opinion that the world's media is predominately pro-Palestinian.

--

As for having a real discussion sometime, you're welcome to PM me with specifics anytime you'd like. I'm more than happy to oblige in both listening to and understanding your points of view if you give me the same respect. Chances are, our viewpoints aren't all that different.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
No, it doesn't.

The poster commented that the world's media was wholly AGAINST Israel/Jews and that we were guppies.

The big picture is that the media tends to be Jewish-run. So I asked if the Jewish media were against Jews?
So basically you responded to a poster's stupid claim with a stupid claim of your own? How is that productive?

Quote:
As for having a real discussion sometime, you're welcome to PM me with specifics anytime you'd like. I'm more than happy to oblige in both listening to and understanding your points of view if you give me the same respect. Chances are, our viewpoints aren't all that different.
I'd actually like to continue on this train of thought about who truly runs the media.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
So basically you responded to a poster's stupid claim with a stupid claim of your own? How is that productive?

I'd actually like to continue on this train of thought about who truly runs the media.
Then post your thoughts on the matter. What influential companies run the world's media? Does it matter that they do? Is there a slant because of it? Doesn't have to necessarily be in regards to Israel/Palestine... but just your thoughts in general so I can see where you're coming from.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 PM

You're looking at the issue from the wrong angle. I honestly think you don't get it.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
You're looking at the issue from the wrong angle. I honestly think you don't get it.
You said you wanted to talk about this topic - the world's media. I assumed you had some opinions?

What don't I get? In order to show me what I don't get, you're probably going to actually have to make an attempt at an argument.

If you don't actually wish to talk about media angles, then decide what it is you'd like to discuss.

I've given you far more leash and respect that many other posters would at this point.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
You said you wanted to talk about this topic - the world's media. I assumed you had some opinions?

What don't I get? In order to show me what I don't get, you're probably going to actually have to make an attempt at an argument.

If you don't actually wish to talk about media angles, then decide what it is you'd like to discuss.

I've given you far more leash and respect that many other posters would at this point.
You haven't given anyone respect. You accused an entire ethnic group of people of "controlling the media" and then when I called you out on it by presenting facts that showed it wasn't true, you backtracked and acted like you were just "responding" to another poster's point.

You uneducated types have a very weak grasp of the concept of "respect".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland