Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times

Advertisements

It's not your language at all. However when you don't include pertinent information in your post (such as the website URL where you bought the tickets), it's even harder to decipher what you're trying to say.

Small tip for next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,785,557 times
i am not sure it is wise to do internet comerce with a business that does not have an address or teleophone number.
just my opinion.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM

473 posts, read 1,328,099 times
The webpage you have linked to offers tickets for the 2009 season and has an expiration date on the offer of October 31, 2009!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikvanbeyma View Post
Thanks for (some of) the replies. It is indeed the website Great America Tickets Discount San Francisco Chinatown - The largest chinatown outside of Asia

I bought admission tickets with them for Great America which is theme park.

Apparently it is not a viable business, bit they are just ripping you off. OK lesson learned, first time fraud over the internet for me (after dozens of purchases that went well).

By the way, although english is not my mother tongue, I hope it's not as bad as some of you may think.

Regards, Ulrik
I am so sorry. You should report them to the police here. I doubt Great America would be happy to hear about this. I bet they would help shut this fraudulent company down. Try to contact them for help.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:17 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
If you have not already go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp and pull a credit report. Do a check on your bank and credit card accounts to make sure crazy is going on..Banks have time limits and if you don't report something in time they may make you liable for all cost or funds taken..

Old 07-11-2010, 06:48 PM

705 posts, read 1,661,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikvanbeyma View Post
Thanks for (some of) the replies. It is indeed the website Great America Tickets Discount San Francisco Chinatown - The largest chinatown outside of Asia

I bought admission tickets with them for Great America which is theme park.

Apparently it is not a viable business, bit they are just ripping you off. OK lesson learned, first time fraud over the internet for me (after dozens of purchases that went well).

By the way, although english is not my mother tongue, I hope it's not as bad as some of you may think.

Regards, Ulrik

Deal directly with Great America, I believe you can buy tickets at the gate anyway, but Chinatown is full of hustles for money.

Report exactly what site to your dutch agency, and the FTC .

When you come to Great America, just buy your tickets at the gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland