Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 12:46 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Exactly. When you have one of the highest violent crime rates in the country, poor public school funding, and you're laying off 200 police officers, why would ANYONE in their right mind care about a baseball team?
Some do have the money to go to games. Oakland is dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
Have you guys seen the stadium that want to build in San Jose. LoL god talk about an UUUUUUUUUUUUUGly stadium. Should fit in pretty good with uh san jose, which is so architecturally compelling, rofl. Good to know the A's have accepted the fact that no matter where they are in nor cal, they will be second fiddle to San Fransisco, and have designed their stadium accordingly. I heard it wont even have the capicity to fit 40k. Its like they already know they arent going to draw anyone so they design this toilet bowl for Man Jose.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:04 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
That rendering is for San Jose.

They also control KNBR 680 and 1050, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and the Chronicle (via CSNBA). They draw as many consumers as fans.
I know it's for San Jose, but they need something like that but in Oakland. San Jose just doesn't do it for me as a major sports town(don't count the sharks,I said MAJOR sport).

As for someone saying why build a stadium when they can't draw fans now. Well when the Giants played at the hellhole Candlestick and didn't draw as many fans either, build it and they will come!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 PM

You can build it but they wont come. San Jose will never be on SF's level. After the game people want to go have a night in the city, take their kids to the zoo, etc. What are you gonna do in san jose? Take your kid to PF chang's? LOL. There is no way around it, the only way the A's will out draw the Giants is if they play at Att&t park and do better than the giants.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I know it's for San Jose, but they need something like that but in Oakland. San Jose just doesn't do it for me as a major sports town(don't count the sharks,I said MAJOR sport).
And how does Oakland do it for you? Worst attendance in both MLB and NFL now. It's really the only reason lay people have heard of the city.

Oh, and dismissing hockey as a major sport just makes you sound like a redneck (as if the "209" didn't already).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
You can build it but they wont come. San Jose will never be on SF's level. After the game people want to go have a night in the city, take their kids to the zoo, etc. What are you gonna do in san jose? Take your kid to PF chang's? LOL. There is no way around it, the only way the A's will out draw the Giants is if they play at Att&t park and do better than the giants.
What does getting a team have to do with San Francisco? Was Phoenix trying to be San Francisco when the Diamondbacks were founded? Was Denver? Tell me where the zoo factors into baseball, because that one really has me intrigued...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post

As for someone saying why build a stadium when they can't draw fans now. Well when the Giants played at the hellhole Candlestick and didn't draw as many fans either, build it and they will come!!!
Sharks is professional and the games always sell out.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM

Mixing San Francisco and Oakland in the same sentence is insulting to SF.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
No, it's not. That mindset is why casuals gravitate across the bay.

That and Al Davis.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
No, it's not. That mindset is why casuals gravitate across the bay.

That and Al Davis.
I am talking about the city in general. Look at the crime, poverty, the way the city looks, uneducated folks, etc.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:

What does getting a team have to do with San Francisco? Was Phoenix trying to be San Francisco when the Diamondbacks were founded? Was Denver? Tell me where the zoo factors into baseball, because that one really has me intrigued...
Uh SF factors in, because they A's came in and took a piece of the giants market to begin with, and now they are trying to bite off more of it, this is after the A's gave the giants Silicon Valley as their territory mind you.

The attractions of the nearby park always factor in how good the enviornment is. I can go to a day game in sf, take my kid to the zoo, take a ferry a trolly which little kids love. People who are young and party like to go bar hop after the games.

Downtown San Jose offers the excitement of Anahiem, minus disney for the kids. Its just going to be kind of blah. Everyone will just show up in their car and and leave. Not that that is any worse than whats going on with the A's right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland