Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
So you are a grown man who spent your 4th in the cold of SF and now feel sorry for yourself?

I recognized you instantly from another thread. This one: //www.city-data.com/forum/calif...eather-my.html

As your life coach, I would like to remind you of a few things:
  1. you are a self-determining adult living in a free country
  2. you are responsible for your preconceptions, including the ones you had about SF weather before you moved there
  3. you are responsible for your decision about what city to move to and live in
  4. you are responsible for your choice about what city to remain in
Now I want you to think long and hard on the above.

After having done so, I want you to realize what most adults do- that if you are unhappy about the consequences of your choices, you can either
  1. be a respectable adult and take ownership of them, or
  2. be a child and repetitively whine about them to whoever will be your audience
We both know what you're going to do.
Very nicely done!

I knew I wouldn't be able to get through a single page w/o at least one of the SF-haters going on the attack b/c let's face it, anyone trying to be slightly happy about anything SF-related gets under their skin and counters their idiotic agenda. The second I saw two blocked posts from andy (I have him on ignore for good reason) I knew there was no way possible that this hater of life could not resist attacking SF yet again - even after your OP included a disclaimer and link to a thread where idiots like him could go! But this is to be expected from miserable people with nothing in their lives to be happy about.

I commend your attempt at introducing some positivity to this forum, and your excellent job of putting those determined to suck at life in their place.

Last edited by jman650; 09-13-2010 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Ah, well of course that's what someone from Texas that LOVES really hot dry weather would think!

You've never experienced anything else ...have you, Andy?

Just a little tip: Don't ever visit the British Isles, or New England, the entire Northeast or Northern States, most of the Midwest, the Pacific Northwest, the Gulf coast of US, most of Asia, Canada, Western European nations, The Nordic countries, Northern Asia, Southern Asia, hmmmm. I'm sure I've missed a couple.

Some people are SIMPLY not educated enough or meant for leaving their comfort zone or else it'll crush them emotionally. Some people should SIMPLY leave if they are not happy.

(I'm taking over the word "simply" from another popular poster that is disliked a little more than you, Andy! I thought I'd try it on for size on you)
Precisely! He's never experienced anything else, he ACTUALLY LIKES triple digit weather with humidity (FREAK!) and was dumb enough to (supposedly) move to SF OF ALL PLACES , he swears that this is the only place in the world with less than 340 days of 110 degree weather, and no other issue any place can have will put his panties in a twist the way weather that is any cooler than hell's furnace will. Which brings attention back to his brain dead decision to (again supposedly) move to San Francisco!!

I have a friend that's really prone to heat stroke and hot humid weather tends to send him to the hospital. I think I'll suggest he moves to Miami or San Juan! And my other friend has arthritis so I believe Alaska would be a great call for her! What a frickin genius this guy is!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
And yet another Tr...um...yeah...nevermind.
Yeah exactly. This dude is basically the Grinch of the SF forum. He see's a thread implying something positive and instantly has to go on the attack. The creation of this thread probably woke him up from his crypt and drew him to his computer before he began his normal routine of urinating/defecating on his neighbor's front door and kicking any dogs he passes on his way to the coffee shop where he'll attempt to hunt down and depress anyone he sees with even half a smile! Man his life sucks!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
11. Magnetism: so liked that even those who live there, are heavily critical of it and could live elsewhere, choose to stay
12. Relevancy: one of the major cities of the U.S. and the larger global community
13. Progressivism: socially and politically dynamic, forward-moving toward equality- most currently to that of marriage rights in CA and causatively in that of other U.S. states
14. Its not a swampy, crime-ridden hellhole of death and depression with triple-digit weather year-round, no diversity, garbage options for ethnic cuisine, and rampant ignorance like Dallas aka Satan's armpit.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:31 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post

I don't need to brag about my education and knowledge I suppose! I am sure stay at home soccer moms are the epitome of erudition and success-
Damn. I felt that one, and it must've cut deep.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Brag about my education level? Please show me where I've ever mentioned that. You can't. But I could talk about it to liven up your perpetually dull train of thought.

So is this your shtick now? You don't like me to bring up your fog obsession so for lack of anything more intelligent or interesting to say you bring up some personal reference to my motherhood status?? Sad. Like being fortunate enough to stay home in the Bay Area to raise my children is a negative. Yeah, boo to parents that don't hire nannies!

Everyone would agree, but you still come back for more discussion of yawn, the weather.

Yes, San Francisco is foggy. You're not going to make the weather change by yammering about it in every single one of your posts. Move. You bore the he** out of people which is why you're so lonely.
Well he can't exactly brag about his education level when he clearly struggles with his literacy in front of our very eyes. I mean, I guess he could try, but clearly the dude is not very well-educated. And how educated could he really be coming from a$$-backwards, redneck-run Texas anyway?

You gotta love how suddenly being a stay at home mom is a bad thing to him when normally the issue he'd be complaining about would be everyone here being too into themselves and not having a decent enough QOL to have such a set up. But of course he changes game whenever he sees fit simply to try and bash SF or attack other posters. But don't dare call him the "T" word lest we face infractions!

Of course the "fog waaaah waaaah fog cold waaaaah waaaaah 60 degrees 365 days of the year waaaaah I'm the expert on SF weather even though I've never lived here a year of my life waaaah" thing hasn't been brought up enough by him yet. Maybe you're right, maybe he actually thinks whining like a massive vag all the time will somehow make the weather less foggy! I agree he needs to either move, S-T-FU, or kill himself. It makes no difference to me which one, but whatever it takes for him to not keep polluting these threads with excessive, uncalled for negativity and idiocy I'm all for.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Precisely! He's never experienced anything else, he ACTUALLY LIKES triple digit weather with humidity (FREAK!) and was dumb enough to (supposedly) move to SF OF ALL PLACES , he swears that this is the only place in the world with less than 340 days of 110 degree weather, and no other issue any place can have will put his panties in a twist the way weather that is any cooler than hell's furnace will. Which brings attention back to his brain dead decision to (again supposedly) move to San Francisco!!

I have a friend that's really prone to heat stroke and hot humid weather tends to send him to the hospital. I think I'll suggest he moves to Miami or San Juan! And my other friend has arthritis so I believe Alaska would be a great call for her! What a frickin genius this guy is!
Andy is the one (enter censored word here) that I don't have on ignore yet. He's a very special guy, I mean special in an Olympic sort of way.

Normal people do their homework before they move to a new area. I am a heat factory. It's hard for me to cool off. Therefore, I know that I shouldn't go to anyplace warmer than where I am and even SD is a bit too warm for me. All one has to do is look at weather forecast and look at weather stats to see if the climate suits them. This fool just blundered through life and has the nerve to be surprised.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Well he can't exactly brag about his education level when he clearly struggles with his literacy in front of our very eyes. I mean, I guess he could try, but clearly the dude is not very well-educated. And how educated could he really be coming from a$$-backwards, redneck-run Texas anyway?

You gotta love how suddenly being a stay at home mom is a bad thing to him when normally the issue he'd be complaining about would be everyone here being too into themselves and not having a decent enough QOL to have such a set up. But of course he changes game whenever he sees fit simply to try and bash SF or attack other posters. But don't dare call him the "T" word lest we face infractions!

Of course the "fog waaaah waaaah fog cold waaaaah waaaaah 60 degrees 365 days of the year waaaaah I'm the expert on SF weather even though I've never lived here a year of my life waaaah" thing hasn't been brought up enough by him yet. Maybe you're right, maybe he actually thinks whining like a massive vag all the time will somehow make the weather less foggy! I agree he needs to either move, S-T-FU, or kill himself. It makes no difference to me which one, but whatever it takes for him to not keep polluting these threads with excessive, uncalled for negativity and idiocy I'm all for.
Yeah, and his "insults" about me always give me bit of a chuckle. The guy tries SO hard to make me feel bad, but I actually come away feeling really good because I LOVE San Francisco, I LOVE being back in the Bay Area, I LOVE being able to stay at home with my kids! I LOVE the weather, too! I just don't have anything to really complain about!

Oh, and Andy, if you're reading--I'm not really a soccer mom. My kid just took 2nd place in an International Karate tournament. I'm a Karate mom who's son could kick your a$$ back to Texas.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
Quote:
I'm a Karate mom who's son could kick your a$$ back to Texas.
Karate as a form of self defense is incomplete. If he gets into a fight with someone armed, even with a simple kitchen knife, he would get seriously injured or killed 9 times out of 10.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:00 PM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times
I LOVE SF, and miss it dearly. Lived in the Bay Area from 1999-2006, and loved every minute of it. I loved the way of life in SF, The people are friendly, the pace is slower (compared to NYC), less crowded, and more beautiful, in fact I find it extremely beautiful, it has it's seedy ugly areas, but so does every other major city. I love Napa, Sausalito, just everywhere in the Bay Area. Lived in Walnut Creek (which I love and miss), and worked in San Francisco. I have already came back to visit in 2009 for a week, and I'm coming back in October for 4 days (my cousin's wedding). I can't think about one thing I don't love about San Francisco. Tony Bennett was right, "I left my heart in San Francisco", he may have been talking about a lost love, by my heart and soul is back in San Francisco. I will move back one day, there is no doubt in my mind.

So all those SF haters, sorry you don't love it like some of us in this thread. You can't please everyone, San Francisco isn't for everyone. But it's definitely for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland