Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
LOL..thanks for your support. This is neither the coldest nor the foggiest year. I dread this hell has historically seen even worse weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 PM

37 posts, read 86,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You obviously did little to no research, prior to moving to SF. The weather this year is NOT uncommon. Unfortunately, for people who do not and have not lived here, people think of California as "Los Angeles." People around the country and world do not even realize it snows in California.

If you want warm, on a constant basis, I suggest you pack up, and move about 400 miles south of your location...
Actually, I did do research before moving here and was well aware of how the weather is. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. And weather is not why I moved. Like most people this day of age, a job is what made me move here.

This paragraph below from sanfrancisco.com has to be the biggest bs I have ever read! Now I understand why all of the silly tourists freeze their butts off here.

"With an annual "Indian Summer," September to November is the best time to visit San Francisco. Daily temperatures are at their highest across the peninsula, usually in the mid to high 60s, but often reaching into the 80s and 90s, and make for a sweltering downtown and a jam-packed Golden Gate Park. A smooth, glassy bay and hot blasts from the Central Valley combine to make fall temperatures in San Francisco the best. During these months, Ocean Beach and Baker Beach are dotted with bikini-clad San Franciscans slathered in oil and soaking the sun like Los Angelians. Nights are warm and lend to summer dresses and short-sleeved shirts, while the sky is clear and stars are bright."

Old 09-19-2010, 10:20 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
Ya know, I grew up in North Carolina and Virgina where it was beyond miserable in the summer. If it weren't for A/C I would have probably killed myself. There was nothing worse than walking outside and being completely drenched with sweat in 5 seconds because it was 95 degrees and humid. Whenever I fly back home during the summer I can't wait to get back to California. Even if it's 59 degrees and foggy, at least I'm not physically uncomfortable, lethargic, and irritable.

Yes, this year was particularly sucky for weather in the Bay. We didn't really get a summer and it kinda brought me down a little. But then when I hear my parents ***** about their A/C bill and how it's too hot to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, I smile, put on a hoodie, and thank God I live in California.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl2009 View Post
Ocean Beach and Baker Beach are dotted with bikini-clad San Franciscans slathered in oil and soaking the sun like Los Angelians.
LOL... For tourists who believe in this non-sense the consequences can be deadly! The ER will be overloaded with oiled-up bikini-clad women dying of hypothermia. To be fair, a handful of naked guyz seem to have an unnatural ability to tolerate the cold weather in Baker beach throughout the year!

My guide: Never EVER go to Ocean beach without a Northface (aka the official SF brand) jacket. It might be 65 degree for few hours but I guarantee it will get cold as hell in few hours.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
I've been to Ocean Beach plenty of times when it was warm and sunny enough to lay out. You must have not lived here very long.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:38 PM

I will update the San Francisco Weather site in the following way:

Spring in San Francisco

March-May

March, April and May are some of the most uninviting months to visit San Francisco. Characteristically foggy, cold and somewhat windy with periodic rains.

Summer in San Francisco

June-August

San Francisco summers have scant in common with summers elsewhere. The hellish summers are marked by dense fog, drizzle, strong wind and a complete lack of sunshine.

Fall in San Francisco

September-November

Fall in San Francisco is just as bad any other season but we call it nice so that people suffering summer depression do not commit suicide en masse.

Winter in San Francisco

December-February

Welcome to many months of non-stop rain and zero sun. Don't even think about visiting!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
LOL..thanks for your support. This is neither the coldest nor the foggiest year. I dread this hell has historically seen even worse weather.
You only truly see what you want don't you? One of those sites shows stats where the average temperature has been rising over the last few decades. You are one truly perplexing piece of work andy, you really are.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I've been to Ocean Beach plenty of times when it was warm and sunny enough to lay out. You must have not lived here very long.
Were you huddled together with a bunch of sea lions? (Not that there any in Ocean Beach)

Old 09-19-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl2009 View Post
Actually, I did do research before moving here and was well aware of how the weather is.
Well online research has its pitfalls as you must have realized from the bikini weather lie from sanfrancisco.com

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
He hasn't lived in the city long at all. I was at OB last December and again in March. Due to the time of year, people weren't laying out but it certainly wasn't the deep space apocalyptic cold this unfortunate soul describes at all. It's just like it was when I used to go once or twice a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland