Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 23,870,216 times
Reputation: 2666

Advertisements

Anyone know where the big celebration will be? Parade? Parties etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
18,983 posts, read 32,796,801 times
Reputation: 13657
You don't have a parade unless you win the World Series. It's really not that big of a deal to win your division, playoffs are what matters. I doubt there would be any official celebrations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 23,870,216 times
Reputation: 2666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You don't have a parade unless you win the World Series. It's really not that big of a deal to win your division, playoffs are what matters. I doubt there would be any official celebrations.
Not a parade but atleast some kind of a party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
18,983 posts, read 32,796,801 times
Reputation: 13657
They havent even won the division yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,717 posts, read 16,385,472 times
Reputation: 2975
This kid just gets worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 23,870,216 times
Reputation: 2666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They havent even won the division yet.
Lol, you think Padres will beat the Giants 4 straight? Cmon now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:08 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 23,870,216 times
Reputation: 2666
Tim Lincecum is the new Barry Bonds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
18,983 posts, read 32,796,801 times
Reputation: 13657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Lol, you think Padres will beat the Giants 4 straight? Cmon now.
First, it's 3 games. Second, they've beat them 10 out of 15 games this season including a sweep in May. But at the same time the Padres are choking and the Giants are hot right now so I'm not too confident. But if they win, don't expect a big official celebration or party, I'm sure people will being drinking and celebrating in the bars but it's not that big of a deal to win a division.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 23,870,216 times
Reputation: 2666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
First, it's 3 games. Second, they've beat them 10 out of 15 games this season including a sweep in May. But at the same time the Padres are choking and the Giants are hot right now so I'm not too confident. But if they win, don't expect a big official celebration or party, I'm sure people will being drinking and celebrating in the bars but it's not that big of a deal to win a division.
Padres have to beat Giants four times to win the West. This means they would have to sweep the Giants here and then a tie-breaker which I believe would be in SD.

I think Giants will win tomorrow. Well it has been since 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:38 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
18,983 posts, read 32,796,801 times
Reputation: 13657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Padres have to beat Giants four times to win the West. This means they would have to sweep the Giants here and then a tie-breaker which I believe would be in SD.

I think Giants will win tomorrow. Well it has been since 2003.
Oh yeah, forgot about the tiebreaker. You're right. SD teams tend to choke, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top