Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,914 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the city from Oakland. I'm liberal, chill and I like to chase birds I guess you could call me a yuppie but, I think I'm deeper than that. I was thinking pac heights, marina, cow hollow or russian hill. I will be commuting to Cupertino and am wondering about the commute. I've heard from people that I should be looking north of fulton around divisedaro. Thanks

Last edited by korinekm; 10-09-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
There has to be something fundamentally wrong with anyplace where people feel they have to explain themselves to gain entry and acceptance, beginning with their sexual orientation! Are you auditioning for a role or are you simply considering exercising your right as an American to live where you want in this country?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:44 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
There has to be something fundamentally wrong with anyplace where people feel they have to explain themselves to gain entry and acceptance...
Such as.... "Where do y'all go to church?"

Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Why would someone who lives in Oakland need advice from the internet about moving to SF?

BS detector is activated.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Such as.... "Where do y'all go to church?"
Ain't been asked that yet!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
There has to be something fundamentally wrong with anyplace where people feel they have to explain themselves to gain entry and acceptance, beginning with their sexual orientation! Are you auditioning for a role or are you simply considering exercising your right as an American to live where you want in this country?
I agree, but it's reality. No, I am not auditioning for a role or exercising my right as an American. You are a creature of your surroundings. Ask anyone black, white, straight, gay, people live in places where they have things in common and they are accepted. Why do fat women workout at Curves? Why do gay men go to gay bars? Why do rich white men go to country clubs?

Last edited by korinekm; 10-09-2010 at 08:07 PM..

Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinekm View Post
Why do rich white men go to country clubs.
To get away from Negroes.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Why would someone who lives in Oakland need advice from the internet about moving to SF?

BS detector is activated.
Maybe cause I've got better things to do than post 3,151 times on this forum. Loser detector activated. Seriously, why are you on here so much? Go outside.

I've lived here for 2 months, don't know anyone in the city.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I agree, but it's reality. No, I am not auditioning for a role or exercising my right as an American. You are a creature of your surroundings. Ask anyone black, white, straight, gay, people live in places where they have things in common and they are accepted. Why do fat women workout at Curves? Why do gay men go to gay bars? Why do rich white men go to country clubs?
If that's reality, and I rather suspect it is, it's a sad reality at best.

Lemme see here! My wife and I are originally from CA, both natives. We're white, straight and one of my three daughters is a lesbian. We're not rich but comfortable. A year ago we moved 2,000 miles to another state and, in many ways, another culture. We never felt the need to, nor did we, "audition" for acceptance. We made the move and have fit in quite nicely because we're good people. That should be all that's required.

It's a sad state of affairs if it takes anything other than being a good person and a good neighbor!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Maybe cause I've got better things to do than post 3,151 times on this forum. Loser detector activated. Seriously, why are you on here so much? Go outside.

I've lived here for 2 months, don't know anyone in the city.
I was right lol

There are resources right there in the Bay Area that can give you way more info than what you would find here. Of course, I'm sure you must know that after two months of living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland