U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:26 PM

12 posts, read 26,011 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys.
What are your thoughts on Walnut Creek? I was looking at Park Regency. Is it decent?

Thanks,
Ryan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 AM

334 posts, read 1,021,047 times
I believe Park Regency is where they've had 5 rapes and assaults over the past 6 months or so. I would probably avoid that place for now.

They did just build brand new apts. which are supposedly luxury, a few blocks from PR, and right next to the bart station. I believe they are called Avalon.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:26 PM

128 posts, read 134,344 times
Walnut Creek sucks!

A sketch had been released of the guy:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

http://walnutcreek.patch.com/article...creek-campuses

Old 10-15-2010, 03:32 PM

18,356 posts, read 29,779,622 times
Yeah it's kind of bizarre what has been going on in that complex recently. They did hire more security, I was at the 7-11 right by there last night and they had a security guard at the gate to get in. Other than that it's a good location for BART and freeway access. What else do you want to know?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
Hey Guys.
What are your thoughts on Walnut Creek? I was looking at Park Regency. Is it decent?

Thanks,
Ryan
Walnut Creek is great. Good schools, high home values, low crime.

Stay away from Oakland, and Richmond, and the East Bay is a-ok.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM

18,356 posts, read 29,779,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Stay away from Oakland, and Richmond, and the East Bay is a-ok.
Try staying on topic please,neither the op nor anyone else was asking about Oakland or Richmond.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM

28,234 posts, read 34,541,227 times
Mr. Fantastic, clearly the OP wanted a specific opinion on Walnut Creek as he started distinct threads on the neighborhoods and areas he is considering. Comments about Richmond and Oakland are irrelevant in this context.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 PM

5,242 posts, read 12,509,948 times
lol

Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 PM

81 posts, read 168,914 times
MOD CUT
Back to the actual point of the thread, Walnut Creek is a nice, clean and very safe city to live in. I disagree with Mr. Fantastic on many of his points, but he is correct when he says that schools are great there. The city does lack the diversity that Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco have, but those cities are a short BART ride away.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-15-2010 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: posting itself is fine, source posting was deleted

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 PM

128 posts, read 134,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear11 View Post
I live in Lafayette in the East Bay. I don't consider the Lamorinda area or even Walnut Creek to be a "dump" in any way. How do you define a dump?

Also, I have been to all the areas that you claim "own" the East Bay. There are plenty of "dumps" in each of those areas also. I would even argue that there is a higher prevalence of dumps down there.

Back to the actual point of the thread, Walnut Creek is a nice, clean and very safe city to live in. I disagree with Mr. Fantastic on many of his points, but he is correct when he says that schools are great there. The city does lack the diversity that Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco have, but those cities are a short BART ride away.

Oh really? Dumps in SoCal such as where? Pound for pound this area dominates the East Bay and even some parts of the West Bay.

Pasadena, Glendale, Malibu, Burbank, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Westlake, Calabasas, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos, Laguna Beach, La Jolla
> Oakland, Vallejo, Bay Point Berkeley, Alameda, Pinole, El Sobrante, El Cerrito, San Pablo, Richmond

There's a ton more. You really want to go area by area MOD CUT
Pasadena just by ITSELF is better than most places from Novato down to San Mateo. SF excluded of course, because it's an urban city.

Second of all...what's a dump? Walnut Creek is a dump. It's a rebulit dump city with lip gloss on. Just because you build a new building somewhere, doesn't automatically make that place nice. Just look at Emeryville. Lotsa new stuff built, still a gutter trash ghetto. Walnut Creek is the same. Yeah, it's nicer than Emeryville, but compared to a true suburbian experience it's falls incredibly short. It's still got a bad vibe. Rapists, elephant bar sucks. I hate the WC. It's poseur suburb.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-15-2010 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: chill out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland