U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM

129 posts, read 397,232 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Giants on the win last night!!! I watched the entire game. Ya'll totally tore the Rangers up!

I have to admit I did feel a little sorry for the Rangers, especially with all those balls thrown in a row....and that one player that hit that really good ball that bounced off the back of that wall, preventing what would have been a home run.

I have a question. Why did Buster Posey have to run when he hit the ball & it went behind him to the catcher? (Brand new to watching baseball....)

And, why do some of the players warm up with some kind of thing wrapped around their bat?

Anyway, once again, Congrats!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 05:56 PM

12,671 posts, read 22,858,216 times
Did Rangers come out to play? It was too easy.

Posey was running in a foul ball?

So the bat feels more lighter when they are at the plate so thats why they use that heavy donut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGirlDreamingofSF View Post
Congratulations Giants on the win last night!!! I watched the entire game. Ya'll totally tore the Rangers up!

I have to admit I did feel a little sorry for the Rangers, especially with all those balls thrown in a row....and that one player that hit that really good ball that bounced off the back of that wall, preventing what would have been a home run.

I have a question. Why did Buster Posey have to run when he hit the ball & it went behind him to the catcher? (Brand new to watching baseball....)

And, why do some of the players warm up with some kind of thing wrapped around their bat?

Anyway, once again, Congrats!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:13 PM

129 posts, read 397,232 times
I know....it was way too easy. I felt sorry for the Rangers.

Yeah, but with Posey, I don't think he really started to run, but I think maybe the umpire thought he did & forced him on?? The ball went behind him to the catcher. The umpire made him run on to the first. While running to first, he turned to the umpire & put his hands up in the air like "What am I suppose to do? What do you want me to do?" He got out easy, of course, as the catcher had the ball & threw it to first. Anyway, I felt bad for him.

I do hope the Rangers do better tonight!!!! I hope they win at least one game!

I wonder if all the SF fans affected them & caused them to play so poorly?

Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGirlDreamingofSF View Post
I know....it was way too easy. I felt sorry for the Rangers.

Yeah, but with Posey, I don't think he really started to run, but I think maybe the umpire thought he did & forced him on?? The ball went behind him to the catcher. The umpire made him run on to the first. While running to first, he turned to the umpire & put his hands up in the air like "What am I suppose to do? What do you want me to do?" He got out easy, of course, as the catcher had the ball & threw it to first. Anyway, I felt bad for him.

I do hope the Rangers do better tonight!!!! I hope they win at least one game!

I wonder if all the SF fans affected them & caused them to play so poorly?
The batter has the choice of running.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:57 PM

35,706 posts, read 63,069,035 times
Good Game! Congrats to the Rangers on their victory! Giants we'll get 'em tomorrow!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:19 PM

3,771 posts, read 6,684,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Good Game! Congrats to the Rangers on their victory! Giants we'll get 'em tomorrow!!!
Am I the only one in the Bay Area rooting against the Giants? LOL

Old 10-30-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
LOL...I actually was during the Philly series-mainly because it was my way of getting revenge for the Bay Area media overhyping the Giants year after year while the A's, even when they are winning, seem to be afterthought.

But then as I watched the NLCS the Giants really grew on me and I really like their vibe. The team doesnt have divas or enormous egos and I like that they are scrappy on the field. They sort of remind of the As when Jason Giambi was first there.

Anyway, I guess Im a fan of both local teams now.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:41 PM

18,470 posts, read 30,061,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Nope, me and some of my friends aren't rooting for the Giants at all, a few have jumped on the bandwagon though. I'm an A's fan over anyone but root for the Padres for the National League, so I'm a bit bitter and want to see the Giants lose. I wanted to see them win in 02 cuz I hate the Angels, but not this time.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:45 PM

Sanchez did not pitch bad at all. He just gave up 2 long balls and one of them happen to cost his team 3 runs.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Sanchez did not pitch bad at all. He just gave up 2 long balls and one of them happen to cost his team 3 runs.
right...it was just one of those games.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland