Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM

36,654 posts, read 67,499,960 times

Advertisements

They land at SFO at 2:30AM! Already in the air?
Giants To Land At SFO At 2:30 AM Tuesday, See Them At Victory Parade Wednesday: News: SFAppeal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,803,196 times
Does Barry Zito get a ring and be part of the celebration? I feel sorry for him.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,836 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHGyokI6fMU

Good celebration song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM

36,654 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Does Barry Zito get a ring and be part of the celebration? I feel sorry for him.
I sorta feel sorry for him too. Saw him with Lincecum during the game tonite.

But considering the outcome, I think it was for the best-still, an appearance would have been awesome for him-at least he could say he pitched during the series.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 AM

128 posts, read 141,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Even the sports bars in Los Angeles were packed with cheering customers & that's amazing considering how much the Giants are hated here.
They were either:

A) A bunch of uneducated Angelino idiots who hopped on the "California" bandwagon. Little do they realize that the Dodgers/Giants rivalry is one of the most bitter in the sport. Never root for your enemy L.A.

B) A bunch of Yay Area transplants who moved SoCal seeking a better education/job/quality of life and haven't completely shed the ties to their inferior roots. Can't blame them. Be proud of where your from. Just don't rah rah about it in my town. Move back if it's so freaking awesome there. You won't be missed, and we could use a few less cars on the road.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
My wife and I were at ATnT park right after the win and just got home. The crowd just gets bigger and bigger even we left 2 hours later. What a great night to be part of? The crowd is crazy and very friendly.

Congrats SF Giants! Yes, I am a bandwagoner but a great way to start it. Now I got my LA Lakers and SF Giants to cheer for.

To EastBayDefecator and FootballGeeK, go suck on an egg will you?!?
We're suckin' on 5 championships down here buddy. That's 4 more than you have. Hahahaha.

Please don't root for the Lakers, we don't need your bandwagoning arse.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
That was then! This is now! By the way, this is Giants 6th World Series win.
Are you counting the New York days???? Lame. Lame. Lame.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LMAO... I'm a woman who doesn't care enough about sports to even know that, let alone to be called an "ingrate" for (jokingly) dissing the Padres. Honestly, I couldn't even remember who played in San Diego when I started typing that. Sheesh, some people take this game WAY too seriously!

And what ever happened to good sportsmanship? Would a simple "Good job, guys!" be so difficult?
I did say Congrats earlier in thread, and I meant it. It's great accomplishment, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or the city. It's a simple recognition of the win and the effort made by the team to get it.

Well you said the Padres sucked. I just thought you should know that a veteran San Diego player and manager managed your team during this moment of triumph. Something that all the SF bandwagoners should know.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,385,773 times
Quote:
SF and LA do not go together! I would stick to GS Warriors!

BEAT LA!
Different sport but the Lakers beat the Warriors last night!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:20 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
All right SF!!!!
Nothing finer than clinching it the day before elections in Texasss no less! Suck it GWB and Texas!!!!!
hahahahhahahhahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

"If I owned Texas and Hell I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." ~ General Sheridan
Bella you're crazy LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland