Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The sentece
Too harsh, he deserved probation 6 12.77%
Too little, he deserved a higher sentence 23 48.94%
This was the right sentence 18 38.30%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times

Advertisements

Being incompetent at something doesn't necessarily define "murder". It was a homicide, but definitely not a murder. That's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Being incompetent at something doesn't necessarily define "murder". It was a homicide, but definitely not a murder. That's ridiculous.
OK lets call it a homicide instead...no matter how you want to slice and dice it...a human killed another human without just cause! Does that make him a homiciderer or murderer?

Last edited by TVC15; 11-09-2010 at 12:00 AM..

Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I work in the medical profession and I am not surprised at the medical mistakes...however when you are on your stomach on a Bart platform (not on an operation table) with a swarm of cops standing on, over and near you...you should not expect to be shot in the back by a trained officer. It was cold blooded murder (oops I mean cold blooded homicide) in my eyes...not a mistake. I find it difficult to understand how any sensible human can watch that video and think that Grant deserved to be shot in the back by any type of weapon or taser.

Yeah, well cops make mistakes, and JUST like the medical field, PEOPLE CAN DIE AS A RESULT.

You should expect to accidentally get shot anytime you are with your friends who are acting up. Whether it be from a cop, or just another group of people who don't like you or the way you are acting. PEOPLE GET SHOT all the time for NO reason at all. At least we know WHY the cops were involved this time, because INNOCENT CITIZENS called for them.

Do not try to make the cop any worse than a negligient ARROGANT Dr. (yes, they certainly are) who won't bother to change gloves during surgery and almost causes a patient to go into Anaphylactic shock because of ARROGANCE and NEGLIGENCE,

Seriously, anytime you work in a field that is life or death, you should expect there will be innocent lives lost. Why? Because HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES.

I personally do think Grant should have been tazered. IT is not permanent, it settles the person down and incapacitates them so that the cuffs can be put on. Perhaps he should not have resisted the police.

I know that even though I was a hoodlum, when the cops showed up, I did not resist, nor did my friends. We cooperated because things get out of hand.

Oh except one stupid girl (15 yrs old) who hit a cop for arresting her brother. They knocked her ass down flat on her back and arrested her so fast. And yes, she was WHITE.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Yeah, well cops make mistakes, and JUST like the medical field, PEOPLE CAN DIE AS A RESULT.

You should expect to accidentally get shot anytime you are with your friends who are acting up. Whether it be from a cop, or just another group of people who don't like you or the way you are acting. PEOPLE GET SHOT all the time for NO reason at all. At least we know WHY the cops were involved this time, because INNOCENT CITIZENS called for them.

Do not try to make the cop any worse than a negligient ARROGANT Dr. (yes, they certainly are) who won't bother to change gloves during surgery and almost causes a patient to go into Anaphylactic shock because of ARROGANCE and NEGLIGENCE,

Seriously, anytime you work in a field that is life or death, you should expect there will be innocent lives lost. Why? Because HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES.

I personally do think Grant should have been tazered. IT is not permanent, it settles the person down and incapacitates them so that the cuffs can be put on. Perhaps he should not have resisted the police.

I know that even though I was a hoodlum, when the cops showed up, I did not resist, nor did my friends. We cooperated because things get out of hand.

Oh except one stupid girl (15 yrs old) who hit a cop for arresting her brother. They knocked her ass down flat on her back and arrested her so fast. And yes, she was WHITE.
You will never convince me of your way of thinking. Please don't ever consider becoming a police officer or a medical professional that deals with patients.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You will never convince me of your way of thinking. Please don't ever consider becoming a police officer or a medical professional that deals with patients.

Well I already have worked in the medical industry AND my father was killed by a Dr.s negligence. I am not condoning it obviously, it angers me very much. But it is a REALITY and a sucky one at that.

The difference is, my father did not act up on a BART train and have a Dr. show up to question him, he resisted, and lost his life in the process.

My father did NOTHING wrong. Grant did do something wrong, he hung out with the wrong group of friends and scared passengers into calling cops.

Was that a sin worthy of death? OF COURSE NOT.

But don't try to call a guy acting up on a train and losing his life in the process "INNOCENT" when you have the thousands of TRULY INNOCENT victims of malpractice and NEGLIGENCE from the medical community.

They are the REAL victims in our society and you all better watch out, because unlike Grant who was able to control who he hung out with, you cannot control if your Dr. is a jerk who has a God complex.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM

[quote=Taboo2;16591755] AND my father was killed by a Dr.s negligence.

I am sorry to hear that happened to your dad.

I hope that is not what makes you see Grant's homicide as just a fact of life. If everyone took that attitude then why try anymore to stand up for justice? Unjust death occurs everyday but that does not make it ok or make it insignificant when it does happen.

Last edited by TVC15; 11-09-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 05:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Well I already have worked in the medical industry AND my father was killed by a Dr.s negligence. I am not condoning it obviously, it angers me very much. But it is a REALITY and a sucky one at that.

The difference is, my father did not act up on a BART train and have a Dr. show up to question him, he resisted, and lost his life in the process.

My father did NOTHING wrong. Grant did do something wrong, he hung out with the wrong group of friends and scared passengers into calling cops.

But don't try to call a guy acting up on a train and losing his life in the process "INNOCENT" when you have the thousands of TRULY INNOCENT victims of malpractice and NEGLIGENCE from the medical community.

They are the REAL victims in our society and you all better watch out, because unlike Grant who was able to control who he hung out with, you cannot control if your Dr. is a jerk who has a God complex.
This is an apples vs. oranges comparison - and while Grant wasn't an angel, the guy was already apprehended and handcuffed. Has nothing to do with the issues in terms of medical malpractice.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 PM

312 posts, read 502,102 times
Quote:

As horrible as it is that your father died at the hands of a physician, how does that have any relation to a cop killing a guy hand cuffed with his face on the platform?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This is an apples vs. oranges comparison - and while Grant wasn't an angel, the guy was already apprehended and handcuffed. Has nothing to do with the issues in terms of medical malpractice.

I didn't see him as handcuffed. Was he? All reports I read said he was not and I did not see him get cuffed on the video. Is that accurate?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 AM

128 posts, read 141,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
As horrible as it is that your father died at the hands of a physician, how does that have any relation to a cop killing a guy hand cuffed with his face on the platform?
The relation in my mind is this:

IF a person has a job that puts peoples lives at risk, that person should be trained and intelligent enough to handle the tremendous pressures and challenging situations of their profession. A cop carries a gun and should know how and when to use it. If you choose that job, you should be prepared to handle the massive responsibility it requires.

A surgeon holds peoples lives in their hands with responsibility of correctly handling anesthesia and a scalpel, a COP holds peoples lives in their hands with correctly handling a gun. IDIOTS should not have these kinds of jobs. Extraordinary people should be in these positions, that's why they are well respected professions.

MONKEYS like Johannes Mehserle SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE COPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland