Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzt83 View Post
Circumcision has zero to very little benefits but has a high level of negative consequences.
I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE HARD OF HEARING.

I POSTED A LINK TO THE STUDY ( Pro-Circumcision AIDS Researcher Left S.F. a Pariah, Came Back a Visionary - San Francisco News - The Snitch) THAT SHOWS IT HELPS PREVENT AIDS.
"The foreskin, incidentally, is teeming with Langerhans cells, which act as virtual magnets for HIV; it is nine times more receptive to the virus than any other region on the genitals (it also frequently experiences small tears during sex, which also opens the bloodstream to the virus). "

And now I can stop yelling since I am posting some new information. I ALSO believe it will be a benefit to my son because as a woman I don't like uncut men. I have slept with some and it creeped me out. Like a freaking slinky. I would go as far as to say if my husband had been uncut, I very well may not have slept with him.

I would like my son to be popular with the ladies, and in my experience, being uncut would hamper that. Maybe I made the wrong choice and he will hate me forever, but that is MY PROBLEM, not yours.

Quote:

It is flat out child abuse and child abuse is illegal.

I completely disagree. Are you going to outlaw ear piercing? Stop being dramatic about this. Child abuse? Really? So they should have outlawed my kids spinal taps, because guess what? He did not need them. Turns out he did not have Menengitis.
Quote:
It is flat out genital mutilation on baby boy and gential mutilation on baby girls is illegal as well (do a search of "hoodectomy", which is akin to male circ and has a low rate of complications).
You are a one trick pony, please stop posting your repeated lame attempts to get us to agree on circumcision. It just won't happen. Trying to compare some tribal practice that really only takes place in Africa to something that is very popular here in America is ridiculous. Never met one woman who had a hoodectomy. Perhaps a VAGPLASTY but that was of their own adult doing. You are doing a poor job of swaying my vote.
Quote:
edit the lame comparison of beating up babies, giving them drugs and booze etc...I cannot even quote it.

Quote:

BTW, most men of the world are intact and wouldn't have it any other way. Most women of the world prefer intact males and wouldn't have it any other way.

You are making statements that you have no proof of. Clearly you are uncut and it is your mission to justify not having the procedure done. Women of the world may also like to get golden showers, doesn't mean we do.
Quote:
It's mostly Americans and crazy reliougous people who think circumcision is okay because they life in a world of dellusion and ignore reality.
Religious (spelled correctly) people who practice having their sons circumcised are not delusional (spelled correctly). They are following their tradition. Next you will tell me that having an epidural should be banned because it might affect the baby, or giving drugs during labor should be banned.

Children are not property and most parents act in the best interest OF the child. Even with circumcision, people do not come to the decision lightly, and to assume they do shows how uninformed and uneducated you are about parenting. You obviously have no children of your own. Here in the USA, we don't even regulate that they attend regular school, school can consist of bible versus and nothing else, but you are worried about them being circumcised? Please find a new battle.

Quote:
Most nations either ban medical circumcision on babies or highly discourage it because it's deemed a non-medical procedure.

Please provide links that most countries have banned circumcision.

Quote:
Only in America and a handulf of nations EDIT crazy rant.
Really this desperate attempt to rationalize why your parents left you uncut is getting ridiculous. Everyone is different, religious reasons, health reasons, tradition reasons. Who are you to judge others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzt83 View Post
THis is why it's illegal to pierce a newborn babies ears

Where do you get this? It is not illegal to pierce a newborn babies ears.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
Some of you are ridiculous, I don't remember being circumsized as don't most people that had this done as a baby. Do you remember being born? NO, that is also a traumatic experience for a baby more so than circumcision. Should we ban birth too? Also you won't find many American women that prefer a uncircumsized penis. LOL if you think otherwise.

Worth a repost. Exactly, birth hurts, you think it feels good to be squeezed like that? We should make all women have C sections for the sake of the baby. HA HA HA

Old 11-15-2010, 05:20 PM

39 posts, read 112,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Worth a repost. Exactly, birth hurts, you think it feels good to be squeezed like that? We should make all women have C sections for the sake of the baby. HA HA HA
You can't be for real. Giving birth is something all animals have evolved to do. What animals mutilate their genitalia? (Don't think too hard its just humans). If you believe in evolution then the foreskin has a purpose.

I'm gonna go crop my dogs tail and ears now and then join a herd of people to listen to ghost stories about Jesus and Allah and Moses and how I need to circumcise my future son....

Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times
It is evident that most pro-circumcision ppl are circumcised men and women with circumcised husbands.
If you look at the reason why circumcision was introduced in US (to prevent masturbation) reveals how archaic and backwards the meaning behind the procedure is.
Lastly, circumcision has become a cultural American Icon and some ppl refuse to let go in spite of all the evidence....but the decline in routine circumcisions proves that ppl are waking up!
If you ask women that have their newborns circumcised why are they doing it the answer in 99% of the cases is "so he can look like his Dad" or "because is cleaner"...now that`s scary!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 PM

312 posts, read 502,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
It is evident that most pro-circumcision ppl are circumcised men and women with circumcised husbands.
If you look at the reason why circumcision was introduced in US (to prevent masturbation) reveals how archaic and backwards the meaning behind the procedure is.
Lastly, circumcision has become a cultural American Icon and some ppl refuse to let go in spite of all the evidence....but the decline in routine circumcisions proves that ppl are waking up!
If you ask women that have their newborns circumcised why are they doing it the answer in 99% of the cases is "so he can look like his Dad" or "because is cleaner"...now that`s scary!!!
It is cleaner as there is not a fold of skin for anything to get trapped under.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
It is cleaner as there is not a fold of skin for anything to get trapped under.
there are folds of skin all over the body...lol cut them!...lol...the Bible talks about circumcision in the old ages when ppl were traveling through desert for weeks without washing...is that the case today?...don`t you take at least one shower a day?....this argument about cleanliness in 2010 is laughable at best!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I would like my son to be popular with the ladies, and in my experience, being uncut would hamper that.
Just the opposite. It would make him LESS popular.

Perhaps in parts of the US that are more allegedly "white American" this might be the case, but it's not true in CA. Even "white American" women at least in the big coastal cities prefer uncut from my personal experience.

(BTW I've stated earlier in this thread that there are First Amendment issues with banning circumcision which would prevent this law from ever going into effect, which is why the Legislature was never able to pass laws banning circumcision statewide. It's a good idea, but that doesn't mean it should be the law.)

Quote:
Please provide links that most countries have banned circumcision.
Most countries never adapted routine circumcision for non-religious reasons in the first place, so there's nothing to ban. The US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, and New Zealand are the only countries which ever did (there was an attempt to do so in Britain but it never caught on to the same extent as in other English-speaking countries)

Circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UK NHS and Ontario Health Services both delisted circumcision and it has been banned in four Australian states as well as Sweden. Medical associations outside of the US are opposed to circumcision although those in the US are neutral on the issue.

However, circumcision (of non-Muslims and non-Jews - the overwhelming majority of circumcized men in the world are Muslims) is declining on its own in the US, ESPECIALLY in California with its large population of Latino immigrants and Asian immigrants. If it'll disappear on its own there's no need for a law.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
However, circumcision (of non-Muslims and non-Jews - the overwhelming majority of circumcized men in the world are Muslims) is declining on its own in the US, ESPECIALLY in California with its large population of Latino immigrants and Asian immigrants. If it'll disappear on its own there's no need for a law.
Nor should there be; a sensibility that appears to escape and evade all too many, especially in Baghdad by the Sea and Environs!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nor should there be; a sensibility that appears to escape and evade all too many, especially in Baghdad by the Sea and Environs!
So what's next - a ban on dial-up Internet connections or the sale of new 8-track players?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland