Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Pelosi S.F.'s most beloved politico by vote count
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Default hey, all politics are local

Well, voters in SF like her. To each their own. OTOH, I can't see how Colorado voters voted for Tom Tancredo several times as a congressman and got a lot of votes running as an independent for governor.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Pelosi a fine politician, and easy on the eyes too for an older woman.

Unfortunately, she lost her seat as Speaker of the House because Dems didn't show up to offset the very backwards Pub voters and because many people were suckered into supporting Pub candidates by Pub deceptive marketing. No reflection on Pelosi or the fine work she has done.

SF voters are among the most enlightened in the country. Don't hate because you can't emulate.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Pelosi a fine politician, and easy on the eyes too for an older woman.

Unfortunately, she lost her seat as Speaker of the House because Dems didn't show up to offset the very backwards Pub voters and because many people were suckered into supporting Pub candidates by Pub deceptive marketing. No reflection on Pelosi or the fine work she has done.

SF voters are among the most enlightened in the country. Don't hate because you can't emulate.
Oh I don't. Nor would I wish to. You're still funny!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
It would be nice if the rest of the country would stop being so obsessed with the Bay Area and dictating what we are supposed to do with our lives.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
What did Nancy Pelosi do that was so bad exactly?

Im not getting the animosity towards her.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What did Nancy Pelosi do that was so bad exactly?

Im not getting the animosity towards her.
More like what she didn't do. She failed to do anything about DADT or repealing DOMA, opposed Prop 19 (and didn't initiate any legislation to allow states to set their own marijuana laws thus negating any Supremacy Clause issues if Prop 19 passed), and on a national level didn't focus on providing more jobs - instead she devoted all of her attention to a highly flawed and possibly unconstitutional health care bill that was a compromise which satisfied no one other than the Administration and her fellow party leaders.

I didn't think Dennis would do so poorly against her but the last minute hatchet-jobs apparently worked.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:35 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
More like what she didn't do. She failed to do anything about DADT or repealing DOMA, opposed Prop 19 (and didn't initiate any legislation to allow states to set their own marijuana laws thus negating any Supremacy Clause issues if Prop 19 passed), and on a national level didn't focus on providing more jobs - instead she devoted all of her attention to a highly flawed and possibly unconstitutional health care bill that was a compromise which satisfied no one other than the Administration and her fellow party leaders.

I didn't think Dennis would do so poorly against her but the last minute hatchet-jobs apparently worked.
Well to be honest, I think she and Harry Reid and the President for that matter, were far too weak in going after things that were important for them.

Taking out the Public Option part of the health care bill basically rendered the whole thing useless as far as Im concerned.

And that's what I don't get about criticism from the GOP. She basically cowered to all their demands so what are they mad at her for?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Taking out the Public Option part of the health care bill basically rendered the whole thing useless as far as Im concerned.

And that's what I don't get about criticism from the GOP. She basically cowered to all their demands so what are they mad at her for?
I agree, there pretty much was no health care plan without the public option. The GOP got what it wanted but still wasn't happy (big news there).

The GOP was mad at her because the sky was blue today.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,547,429 times
Anyone that says "y'all" in any political related context immediately loses my attention. I can almost be assured of their bent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland