U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 PM

38 posts, read 118,302 times

Advertisements

i'm planning on going to college in California College of the Arts in oakland,C.A is it safe out there i heard it was crazy any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 PM

38 posts, read 118,302 times
and i forgot to add that there is a California College of the Arts in san francisco too which one would u recommend?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM

7,688 posts, read 27,978,785 times
They're both in good areas. Oakland CCA is in Rockridge which is one of the best parts of the city. It is safe. The SF location is just north of Potrero Hill.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM

35,705 posts, read 39,264,267 times
Both are safe. Affordable? That's another question! I imagine the college either have housing or help you find it though so it should work out.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,451,866 times
and i forgot to add that there is a California College of the Arts in san francisco too which one would u recommend? - uptdreaded

California College of the Arts (Oakland campus) is located on College Avenue and Broadway in Rockridge. Rockridge neighborhood is one of the safest/best/wealthiest neighborhoods in Oakland. You will be directly on one of Oakland's finest restaurant/club strips.

Oakland dangerous? Oakland has it's crime. But to consider the whole city dangerous and not safe is like considering Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, etc. entirely dangerous.

Furthermore, the Rockridge neighborhood is a great place to be. Tons of restaurants, cafes, boutiques, markets, retail shops. Its like a town within Oakland.

VISIT THIS SITE: Its all about Rockridge, Oakland, CA

Rockridge District Association : Welcome

^ Make sure you click the "tour Rockridge" tab

Last edited by Stephen1110; 02-02-2011 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 12,550,394 times
I live in Rockridge and it's very safe and a really awesome area. I walk by the CCOA campus whenever I go to Safeway, it's in a fine location though I haven't been on the campus at all.

The SF location I think I've been to, I remember it being in the middle of kind of a desolate warehouse area between SOMA, Mission Bay and Potrero Hill.

Rockridge is kind of expensive by Oakland standards but much cheaper than SF. You can get cheaper apartments in the Temescal which is right next to Rockridge but it's a bit sketchier but not by a lot.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 PM

28,234 posts, read 34,703,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
I live in Rockridge and it's very safe and a really awesome area. I walk by the CCOA campus whenever I go to Safeway, it's in a fine location though I haven't been on the campus at all.

The SF location I think I've been to, I remember it being in the middle of kind of a desolate warehouse area between SOMA, Mission Bay and Potrero Hill.

Rockridge is kind of expensive by Oakland standards but much cheaper than SF. You can get cheaper apartments in the Temescal which is right next to Rockridge but it's a bit sketchier but not by a lot.
The magically dividing line of Temescal is about Telegraph. Stay east of that and you are pretty safe. CCA kids are all over the place in Temescal. At the bike shop, coffee shop and record store on 40th.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM

9,197 posts, read 15,858,717 times
Invigorate the body, uplift the senses, feel the feeling of pure love that is...Sobrante Park!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,393,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
That desolate area is actually pretty expensive and has decent weather by SF standards. It is technically Potrero Hill.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM

28,234 posts, read 34,703,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Invigorate the body, uplift the senses, feel the feeling of pure love that is...Sobrante Park!
This comment doesn't even make sense by any measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland