Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh puh-leez stop with the PC labeling for these reactionaries. Civic Nationalist? That's a big laugh. Sorry, those silly labels are just putting old wine in new bottles, you're not fooling anyone with that semantic slight of hand.

In any case - those folks are useful idiots for anti-Semites because they promote the same nativist fearmongering. Basically AFAIK, it's a difference without much of a distinction.
So, you have an issue with Zionists?

Quote:
Breitbart a mainstream Conservative website? LOL. Well if that passes for what is mainstream Conservatism....boy, William Buckley is rolling over in his grave.
The day has long passed where any conservative movement is going to be defined or beholden by what is acceptable to the Left. Moreover, if you knew anything about conservatism in this nation you wouldn't defer to the (dead) authority of Buckley; who is widely thought of as a sell-out by non-Neocons. Though, I presume that you appreciate Neocons.

Quote:
As I've said, in a way I actually respect crude nativists like Old Glory and Phantom Pilot because they're honest with their views. You're trying too hard here.
Who cares what you "respect" when you insist on playing the game of baiting your opponents for your approval? That's "old wine in a new bottle" that no one is going to drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Isn't Milo Yiannopolous half Jewish?

The White House advisor, Steven Miller is fully Jewish, and he's as racist as anyone I've seen. He used to harass Latino students when he was in HS back in Santa Monica.

Whether white supremacists like them a lot or not, they certainly play into their movement and aims.

Nice try but no cigar.
So, if they are Jewish, then why are you tying this to "white supremacy" and not a more applicable appellation? It seems like an extremely racist spin to me.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, Peter Brimelow. We're not going back to pre-1965 immigration regulations which were exclusionary and discriminatory towards people of my background as well as Latin America. Just deal with it. Leave It to Beaver and Father Knows Best ain't coming back.

People should be able to live anywhere they want. What's stopping a Caucasian from moving to Arcadia, CA? If there's discrimination - go file a suit.
What's your background? Can "we" readily immigrate to where you're from? Have "we"?

What past is that place not going back to? Can we file a suit to make sure that it doesn't? Why not, are they "supremacist" there? Should you just "deal with it"? Do you even have to "deal with" anything of the sort in that nation?

Is a complete lack of ability to have a historical or inter-cultural comparative view endemic to where you are from?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You seem to be the one obsessed with race, like most other Progressives. While I enjoyed my time living in the Bay Area, I knew it was temporary. I got tired of having to use my Spanish in every damn retail store in the town I lived. If I wanted to live in Mexico, I'd move there.
I've never had to use Spanish here. Where were you shopping?

Dramatic, much??????

Old 03-26-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
When you condemn the Irish in Boston for doing the same stuff you accuse the Chinese in SF of, I'll give you credit. James (Whitey) Bolger. Southie. All of that stuff happened there. And his brother Billy was in state government and the head of UMass.

Otherwise it sounds like a double standard here, given that you complain all the time about neighborhoods becoming more Asian.
Are you trying to make a sincere comparison between modern (supposed) Irish organized crime and Triad organizations? Seems like a stretch, to put it mildly.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,463,364 times

https://www.paragon-re.com/trend/med...y-area-decline

Old 03-30-2018, 09:34 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Wow is that graph real? That's crazy!!!

Old 04-01-2018, 01:16 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Wow is that graph real? That's crazy!!!
Lost in that graph - and if you read to the end of the linked article, it says that job growth and real estate demand will remain strong overall. So the sky isn't necessarily falling.

Last edited by silverkris; 04-01-2018 at 01:26 AM..

Old 04-01-2018, 12:39 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Where are the immigrants coming from? Is there a unlimited supply of immigrants who will move to one of the most expensive cities in the world?? I wonder if one day the majority of the population will be visa immigrants and illegals. If so this will be unpresidented and very interesting from a sociology and anthropology view.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:42 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Blacks are leaving as well. As are native born Latinos, Asians, etc.
That is true as well. However, many people aren't concerned about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland