Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I wouldn’t use the phrase “trying to be white,” but Anti-black racism among Asians is really common. And the stack ranking and model minority myth aims to set up divisions among people of color.

Acceptance by “white society” is a common success marker in most minority groups here in the US.
Yup!!!

As a black woman, I don't have to lecture you about it. I would not expect a reply from her. It does not fit the flase narrative that props up her world view
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 07:40 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I admit that I am biased in favor of the White Middle Class because that's my background but I am sure Middle Class Asians and Hispanics are also being driven out by the high cost of living. When I was in Vegas I chatted with a Fillipino man who left SF for Vegas due to high housing costs.
Why do you care so much about the Bay Area? You live somewhere else, yes? You base your postings on Google map searches and you only like white, middle class areas. I don't understand your obsession -it makes no sense (this is not middle class white america). You basically just respond to yourself here. What is driving you and what keeps you going??? Are you on the spectrum? Although, you do keep this particular section going so I will give you that but otherwise you seem quite odd.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:39 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,722,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why do you care so much about the Bay Area? You live somewhere else, yes? You base your postings on Google map searches and you only like white, middle class areas. I don't understand your obsession -it makes no sense (this is not middle class white america). You basically just respond to yourself here. What is driving you and what keeps you going??? Are you on the spectrum? Although, you do keep this particular section going so I will give you that but otherwise you seem quite odd.
Don’t you and David coe team up to bully me? An asian American? I’d say you two are no different.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:58 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Don’t you and David coe team up to bully me? An asian American? I’d say you two are no different.
I don't team up with anyone here. If I bully you it is not b/c you are Asian American. I actually picture you as a bed bound 500+ pound white dude living in Nebraska that likes to whine and hates the world. LOL Have a great Monday!!!

Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
For a good laugh, look at Dave Coe's posting hisotry on this site. He seems obsessed with race.

"Is(will) the Tri-Valley Asian population boom spreading North into Danville, WC, and Lamorinda?"

"Census: Whites Leaving Bay Area"

"The main reason African American athaletes want to live in those areas is because they have a reputation for having a lot of young attractive blonde White girls."

"If Asians want to help with the housing crisis they need to lobby to turn their communities such as Daly City and Fremont into mini Hong Kongs rather than ally with White NIMBYS. "

"I totally agree that we would be better off without all the post 65' Third World immigrants "

"Last time I visited the Northgate area my estimate is that it's about 80% White and 20% Asian "

(and those are just from the last dozen or so posts - I stopped looking after that)

Old 03-13-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
For a good laugh, look at Dave Coe's posting hisotry on this site. He seems obsessed with race.

"Is(will) the Tri-Valley Asian population boom spreading North into Danville, WC, and Lamorinda?"

"Census: Whites Leaving Bay Area"

"The main reason African American athaletes want to live in those areas is because they have a reputation for having a lot of young attractive blonde White girls."

"If Asians want to help with the housing crisis they need to lobby to turn their communities such as Daly City and Fremont into mini Hong Kongs rather than ally with White NIMBYS. "

"I totally agree that we would be better off without all the post 65' Third World immigrants "

"Last time I visited the Northgate area my estimate is that it's about 80% White and 20% Asian "

(and those are just from the last dozen or so posts - I stopped looking after that)
Who wouldn't be if someone lived around their own kind for years, and now the area is getting overrun.

Most burbs can't do like SF, where corruption and graft ensure Chinatown stays Chinese.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,462,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Who wouldn't be if someone lived around their own kind for years, and now the area is getting overrun.

Most burbs can't do like SF, where corruption and graft ensure Chinatown stays Chinese.
Commentors will call me anti Asian or racist which is fine but I can actually appreciate a more authentic ethnic enclave such as Chinatown where you feel like you are actually stepping foot into a foreign country. European Americans should do the same a create communities modeled after European Nation's such as France or Germany. SF already has a little Italy with some authentic Italian culture besides all the touristy stuff. What I am primarily against is not Asian culture or even Asian enclaves but future that combines the worst of both worlds; bland suburban aesthetics originally created by Whites with non Euro demographics. I love SF as well as places like Marin and Lamorinda. It is places like the Silicon Valley which are a bad model for culture, urbanism, and demographics. I eat for Sushi than hamburger s so I am as far from being anti Asian as you can get. Build a new mini Hong Kong in Fremont and European themed towns else where. You can even create a new Wakanda in West Oakland. Why not. It's called Ethnopluralism which is an alternative to left multi culturalism and assimilationism.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Commentors will call me anti Asian or racist which is fine but I can actually appreciate a more authentic ethnic enclave such as Chinatown where you feel like you are actually stepping foot into a foreign country. European Americans should do the same a create communities modeled after European Nation's such as France or Germany. SF already has a little Italy with some authentic Italian culture besides all the touristy stuff. What I am primarily against is not Asian culture or even Asian enclaves but future that combines the worst of both worlds; bland suburban aesthetics originally created by Whites with non Euro demographics. I love SF as well as places like Marin and Lamorinda. It is places like the Silicon Valley which are a bad model for culture, urbanism, and demographics. I eat for Sushi than hamburger s so I am as far from being anti Asian as you can get. Build a new mini Hong Kong in Fremont and European themed towns else where. You can even create a new Wakanda in West Oakland. Why not. It's called Ethnopluralism which is an alternative to left multi culturalism and assimilationism.
Yeah totally, "Segregation Now, Segregation Tomorrow, and Segregation Forever!" right?

Old 03-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I hear ya.

The one thing I really love about where I grew up is the demographics stayed the same. I enjoyed growing up in a community where our people all came from Europa. It had it's own character. Very 1950's americana

Old 03-14-2018, 10:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Nah - you're fine with Asian people as long as there aren't too many of us vs. Caucasians. Boy, some respect that is.

And well, Chinatown came into existence because of racism and restrictions on Chinese Americans settling in other parts of the city. So I'm not really impressed by your comments as a "cute authentic ethnic enclave" - because there's a darned reason it came about. Folks should be free to live whereever they want.

As I've said before, HK's shape and existence came about because of its unique history and land use policies as well as political and economic dynamics that we would not countenance here (monopolies, cartels and open collusion between big business and the government). It's not suitable anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland