Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 PM

23 posts, read 107,333 times

Advertisements

Was kind of shocked by this story. At 5PM on a Sunday, wouldn't there be other people out and about in this popular neighborhood to report something like this, especially on a busy street like 18th?

Two Men Kidnap Woman In Mission District, Attempt To Rape Her - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

"SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men allegedly kidnapped a woman at knifepoint in San Francisco's Mission District on Sunday evening and attempted to rape her, but she escaped shortly afterward, a police spokesman said today.
The kidnapping occurred at about 5 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of 18th and Lexington streets, police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
A 22-year-old woman was approached by a man who pulled out a knife and forced her into a vehicle driven by another man, Andraychak said."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
The crime is not surprising given the very high violent crime rate in SF. I will be however surprised if SFPD actually follows up the case and reports in their statistics!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
They really, reeeeaaaalllly need a stronger police presence in that part of town. There's something serious happening there every day of the week.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Yikes, this is ridiculous! I'll admit I still think the mission is a bit sketchy in parts. Definitely not the safest neighborhood by any means.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viola99 View Post
Was kind of shocked by this story. At 5PM on a Sunday, wouldn't there be other people out and about in this popular neighborhood to report something like this, especially on a busy street like 18th?

Two Men Kidnap Woman In Mission District, Attempt To Rape Her - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

"SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men allegedly kidnapped a woman at knifepoint in San Francisco's Mission District on Sunday evening and attempted to rape her, but she escaped shortly afterward, a police spokesman said today.
The kidnapping occurred at about 5 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of 18th and Lexington streets, police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
A 22-year-old woman was approached by a man who pulled out a knife and forced her into a vehicle driven by another man, Andraychak said."
Most of us are not shocked. Crime , including crazy random crime happens in SF all the time. I'd get more into it, but the last time I tried to point this out you accused me of trying to hijack your thread, so I'll just assume you'll work all this out on your own.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:53 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
I am not totally shocked, but I do remain very sad at the lack of caring and basic respect for our fellow human beings that is too prevalent today.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I am not totally shocked, but I do remain very sad at the lack of caring and basic respect for our fellow human beings that is too prevalent today.
I am shocked to see the kind of incompetent law enforcement you get with 200k/year cops. They are too busy spending all the money instead of working I guess.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times
Pretty scary. Valencia feels a lot safer than Mission, and definitely anywhere from Guerrero and further west feels a lot safer, but they're so close to the open sewer of humanity that is Mission Street that you never know what is going to happen.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
but they're so close to the open sewer of humanity that is Mission Street that you never know what is going to happen.
Really? I thought most people on this forum believe SF to be some sort of safe and clean utopia with amazing weather..!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
I lived in NYC for a few years, and later moved to SF.

The Mission is one of those areas that my spidey-senses would go up in regularly. Especially in the evening when the sun went down.

In NYC, I would walk all over the place anytime of day or night, and always felt comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland