Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM

326 posts, read 689,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You do know what they say about opinions, don't you?

You're entitled to your own but you really can have it without pooh-poohing others'.
"Don't go tooting your own horn now"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnmx View Post
Umbilical cords fall off eventually anyway, foreskin does not. Weak arguments. Are you people sure that you have the ability to think?
And your earlier comparison of a thumb being cut off to circumcision was a weak argument as well. Do YOU have the ability to think?

Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
This is going in circles now, the center of which is a well-fed troll. Really not getting very far with any of this.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear11 View Post
Oh God, not this debate again!

If it makes it on the ballot, I very much doubt it will pass. If by some miracle it does, SF will become the laughing stock of the United States (if it hasn't already). I have to believe there are more pressing issues to deal with.
My thoughts as well. I would think the people in Ca would be more worried about the economy, for starters. Only in San Francisco would you see this even being debated.

For all of you who think you life has been damaged because someone performed a 5 min proceedure on you and didn't ask you first, I wonder what else in your life has damaged you?

NIta

Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Just of of curiosity, are you pro-choice nmita? This seems to be a really hot button issue for you, considering the fact that you don't even have a penis in the first place. I wonder what other issues shape your narrow worldview. If you are pro-choice, I think this makes you look like a total hypocrite. If you aren't, well, I can totally see why you think the way you do...

Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Just of of curiosity, are you pro-choice nmita? This seems to be a really hot button issue for you, considering the fact that you don't even have a penis in the first place. I wonder what other issues shape your narrow worldview. If you are pro-choice, I think this makes you look like a total hypocrite. If you aren't, well, I can totally see why you think the way you do...
I am pro life, but I do see a few situations when abortion is the only answer or the best answer: if a mothers life is at stake (rarely) rape (rarely results in pregnancy) a girl is under 14 and if the baby life would be nothing what so ever; case, no brain, brain outside the skull, etc.

As for whether I do or do not have a penis: of course I don't but I have many male relatives and I have asked most of them how they feel: they all say the same thing: being circumsized didn't affect them and they do not understand all the fuss. I have also asked a couple of friends, one is a doctor, 2 are nurses, and they can not imagine outlawing circumcism.

Nita

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Well good for them, and good for you for not being a complete hypocrite. With that said, there are plenty of men that DO mind the fact that they were circumcised without their consent. Just google foreskin restoration and see what you can find if you're at all curious. Did you ever consider that sometimes doctors mess up and there can be lots of scar tissues and a loss of sensitivity, leading to a lot of sexual problems in the future?

Don't speak for all men just because you know a few people who happen to agree with you. There are plenty of men, myself included, that at the very least would have liked to have the option. I don't hate my parents for what they did, and I don't have a ton of emotional issues about it either, but I wished they'd actually done some research on the topic instead of just doing what everyone else was doing at the time.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Well good for them, and good for you for not being a complete hypocrite. With that said, there are plenty of men that DO mind the fact that they were circumcised without their consent. Just google foreskin restoration and see what you can find if you're at all curious. Did you ever consider that sometimes doctors mess up and there can be lots of scar tissues and a loss of sensitivity, leading to a lot of sexual problems in the future?

Don't speak for all men just because you know a few people who happen to agree with you. There are plenty of men, myself included, that at the very least would have liked to have the option. I don't hate my parents for what they did, and I don't have a ton of emotional issues about it either, but I wished they'd actually done some research on the topic instead of just doing what everyone else was doing at the time.
of course I could never speak for all anything and I wouldn't want to. I am simply giving my view as I have observed. To make circumcism I think is going to far, but you are right, I am not a man...As for research, as I mentioned I have gotten information from doctors and nurses. I am sure most parents trusted the doctors. This is a subject with probably no totally right or wrong answer.

Nita

Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnmx View Post
"Don't go tooting your own horn now"
Non sequitur!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It just goes to prove that San Francisco is moving in the direction of a left wing dictatorship. All that talk about "choice" is a big scam.

The real issue is that it's a back door way of attacking religious traditions of those who believe in circumcision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland