Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamysan View Post
I don't know, but every night we hit our knees (as a family) and pray to the Lord that she doesn't move there. I'm homeschooling my own daugter so that she never moves to the Loin.

YouTube - ‪Picard's Epic Double Facepalm‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM

114 posts, read 121,815 times
I wouldnt worry that much, its not Dtroit, the loin is alot more dangerous for someone living on the street vs in an apartment. The influx of people moving into the mish and the loin is rather a new concept, working class people that were there before moved out for a better life for themselves and families and now people from out of town are moving in, just weird to me, good luck to ur step niece she will be fine

Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go9ers View Post
Cheap relative to what??? you tell me whatever your step niece is paying a month and I know theres nicer parts of the bay area for the same price
Such as?

All depends what you're looking for. 'Loin's got location and cheap rent. Lots of good cheap ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Salvadoran), excellent bars. It's a few blocks away from Van Ness and the theater district, Warfield, SFMOMA, Yurba Buena, Moscone center.

'Loins in the center of everything. If you just want a nice place to hit your knees and pray to jebus.. yeah, there's better places. No place in the bay beats the 'Loin for location and low rents. If you can pay for it, Nob Hill, Pacific Heights, Russian Hill. The Haight-Ashbury/Pan Handle as well, but honestly the same criticisms that apply to the Tenderloin apply to it.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
I think your "sister's step-kid" should move to San Francisco as fast as possible regardless what neighborhood she ends up in. There may still be hope for her.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Farmer Brown, Lers Ros, Shalimar ... dangerous to the old waistline.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Such as?

All depends what you're looking for. 'Loin's got location and cheap rent. Lots of good cheap ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Salvadoran), excellent bars. It's a few blocks away from Van Ness and the theater district, Warfield, SFMOMA, Yurba Buena, Moscone center.

'Loins in the center of everything. If you just want a nice place to hit your knees and pray to jebus.. yeah, there's better places. No place in the bay beats the 'Loin for location and low rents. If you can pay for it, Nob Hill, Pacific Heights, Russian Hill. The Haight-Ashbury/Pan Handle as well, but honestly the same criticisms that apply to the Tenderloin apply to it.

lets say you getting a room for 400, which i bet is the cheapest you find in the loin by far, i can find you that in the bayview or the sunset, so dont give me that bull****e, its all about location like ya talk about, loins is in the center of everything is why there all there I hate when people in the loin whine n ***** about how tough n real there life is, HELLO YOUR LIVING IN A DIFFERENT WORLD YA TRANSPORT MOFO, i had to step over bums throughout HS to get home on the bus but i never thought I was homeless or living that life its a trip nowadayz

Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 PM

everything you say speaks to my point, the loin is a urban safari for yall suburban types, who would live to a area so plagued by the problem of drugs and not give two ****es about the community?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamysan View Post
I don't know, but every night we hit our knees (as a family) and pray to the Lord that she doesn't move there. I'm homeschooling my own daugter so that she never moves to the Loin.

I was buying your act until this post, ya troll.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go9ers View Post
lets say you getting a room for 400, which i bet is the cheapest you find in the loin by far, i can find you that in the bayview or the sunset, so dont give me that bull****e, its all about location like ya talk about, loins is in the center of everything is why there all there I hate when people in the loin whine n ***** about how tough n real there life is, HELLO YOUR LIVING IN A DIFFERENT WORLD YA TRANSPORT MOFO, i had to step over bums throughout HS to get home on the bus but i never thought I was homeless or living that life its a trip nowadayz
Oh, great. Bayview. That's an awesome place to live. What's there to do in Bayview? Tour of the warehouses? Bayview has less than 1/10th the density of the Tenderloin, less than half as many people living there have a college education (as compared to the Tenderloin, less than a quarter are educated compared with SF as a whole), there's less diversity, it's 40+ minutes away from downtown SF by public transit as opposed to 10-15. It's cheap, but otherwise has no redeeming qualities. The crime in Silver Terrace (which is where 90% of Bayview lives) is just as high as the Tenderloin.

Outer Richmond/Sunset or even Daily City would be far better choices than Bay View. Outer Richmond/Sunset at least have a decent amount going on around them. Nothing like as much as the Tenderloin, of course, but its got a pretty solid restaurant and bar scene, proximity to to the beach. You're trading off proximity for lower crime, foul weather, and slightly higher rents.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 AM

If you dont like the fog why would you move to SF? bayview has the best weather in the city thats why the city is tryna push blacks out and put condos for people like you in, dont worry soon you will get frolic around in the bayview its only a matter of time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland