Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM

310 posts, read 651,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
or the Chargers down here. I'm just starting this discussion, argument, because I don't like the backlash, crap I have received from some people for me being a 49ers fan in Southern California, I've lived in Southern California my entire life, born and raised here, Orange County to be exact. The crap, backlash I've received have been from some San Francisco Giants fans or San Jose Sharks fans, they expect me to be a fan of all the other Bay Area Professional Sports teams, or that it is not right to be a 49ers NFL fan and be a fan of Southern California Professional Sports teams like the Angels, Ducks, Lakers, etc. I find that to be very unfair, just because the L.A. Metropolitan area, market, which includes L.A. County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernadino County, and Ventura County lacks an NFL team means we have to be either a Raiders fan or a Chargers fan, eventhough the Raiders moved back to Oakland 16 years ago, and Oakland is in the Bay Area, they don't care or don't mind SoCal natives being Raider fans(Yes the Raiders used to be in L.A., the 49ers never have been, but the Raiders have been in the Bay Area for more than half their history) but they seem to have a problem with SoCal natives, residents being a 49ers fan. There are tons of Cowboys and Steelers fans in Southern California, or throughout all of California and I bet that half of them are probably not even transplants, in which they have no relative connections to Texas or Pennsylvania. For example, there are tons of Dallas Cowboys I bet who are not even fans of the Dallas Mavericks or Texas Rangers, or Steelers fans who are not Pittsburgh Pirates fans, or Pittsburgh Penguins fans, but yet they don't get crap or backlash, at least the 49ers are a California NFL team. And no, I'm not hinting out that I want the 49ers to move to L.A., I hope they stay in the Bay Area, but it would be nice if L.A. or Orange County had an NFL team, an NFC team so I could go to a few 49ers games a year, the 49ers being the visiting team, I will still stay a 49ers fan even if the L.A. region gets an NFL team, but seriously, Cowboys and Steelers fans don't get crap given to them, backlash for being a SoCal Cowboys, Steelers fan yet when those SoCal Cowboys, Steelers fans are not even from Texas or Pittsburgh, don't have any friends or relatives from there either.
It's really simple...if you want to be a 49er fan in OC, then be a 49er fan in OC. BUT considering the intense and longstanding LA-SF rivalry, don't be surprised when sports fans in either city give you some grief about it. Grow a pair and deal with it...after all we're talking about football here. A good repertoire of Charger / Raider / Ram / Giants / Sharks comeback lines will serve you well in your exchanges, depending on who is giving you the business.

If you stick to your guns, you may just earn respect from people for going against the grain, and being a "true" fan, despite what you have to deal with because of your Niner loyalty. I mean, lighten up, it's not like just because you're in LA someone is going to attack you for being a fan of a San Francisco team...oh, wait a minute...

P.S. Hitting the carriage return / enter key a couple of times now and then will also serve you well on an internet forum. Huge text blocks hurt the baby Jesus.

P.S.S. Go Rams! ...and good luck with the new coach 49er fans, I think you're gonna need it with the shortened pre-season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
The 49ers may become a SoCal team if they can't get a new stadium.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:37 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
[quote=OakAve2OakLand;20162525]It's really simple...if you want to be a 49er fan in OC, then be a 49er fan in OC. BUT considering the intense and longstanding LA-SF rivalry, don't be surprised when sports fans in either city give you some grief about it. Grow a pair and deal with it...after all we're talking about football here. A good repertoire of Charger / Raider / Ram / Giants / Sharks comeback lines will serve you well in your exchanges, depending on who is giving you the business.

Well L.A. doesn't have an NFL team, so there really is no LA-SF NFL rivalry anymore since L.A. does not have a team

Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
[quote=Ihatespoiledbrattypeople;20172673]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post

Well L.A. doesn't have an NFL team, so there really is no LA-SF NFL rivalry anymore since L.A. does not have a team

There does not need to be a sport involved to maintain the vitriol that is the SF-LA rivalry. It is imminently transcendent.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM

[quote=bigdumbgod;20194284]
Quote:

There does not need to be a sport involved to maintain the vitriol that is the SF-LA rivalry. It is imminently transcendent.
so your saying it's not Sports-Related?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM

To the OP - on a technical note: I don't know how you're doing it, but you're botching the "quote" function. For instance, a few posts above, this quote was attributed to me:

"Well L.A. doesn't have an NFL team, so there really is no LA-SF NFL rivalry anymore since L.A. does not have a team"

I think that was from you responding to my post which talked about an "intense, long-standing rivalry" between LA and SF. In fact, I would argue against the point made above (or at least reframe it in terms of a broader, non-NFL-related, rivalry)...even though I supposedly "said" it.

Similarly, in the post above, you seem to be arguing with yourself. Now this strikes me as a fairly tolerant forum, so I would think that people with multiple personalities who wish to debate themselves are welcome to do so...but somehow I don't think that's what you're intending.

I would advise just keep your own responding comments outside of the quote block, and you should be fine...and feeling like your old self again in no time.

Last edited by OakAve2OakLand; 07-27-2011 at 07:34 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
To the OP - on a technical note: I don't know how you're doing it, but you're botching the "quote" function. For instance, a few posts above, this quote was attributed to me:

"Well L.A. doesn't have an NFL team, so there really is no LA-SF NFL rivalry anymore since L.A. does not have a team"

I think that was from you responding to my post which talked about an "intense, long-standing rivalry" between LA and SF. In fact, I would argue against the point made above (or at least reframe it in terms of a larger, non-NFL-related, rivalry)...even though I supposedly "said" it.

Similarly, in the post above, you seem to be arguing with yourself. This strikes me as a fairly tolerant forum, so I would think people with multiple personalities who wish to debate themselves are welcome to do so...but somehow I don't think that's what you're intending.

I would advise just keep your own responding comments outside of the quote block, and you should be fine...and feeling like your old self again in no time.
okay....

Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
okay....
Perfect!

And, sorry, I don't mean to come across as some kind of fourm cop, but the thread was getting hard to follow with all the quote crossing. Maybe it was a technical glitch on C-D's end, idk.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Perfect!

And, sorry, I don't mean to come across as some kind of fourm cop, but the thread was getting hard to follow with all the quote crossing. Maybe it was a technical glitch on C-D's end, idk.
sorry, i just don't like the crap i've received for being a fan of the 49ers

Old 07-28-2011, 03:06 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Quote:
i've only received crap from Bay Area people, not SoCal people yet, but the Raiders belong in Oakland, I don't get why they are still associated with L.A., they have been gone from L.A. longer than they were there
To be honest I think its a Hispanic/Mexican thing. Sort of their "national' team now regardless where they live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland