Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,063 times

Advertisements

I think SF is in the middle of the pack when it comes to women. Trust me, DC, Baltimore and Philly or random Bible Belt town USA have much less attractive women than SF. Although I hate to say it, SF is definitely not on the level of NYC where you might see dozens of stunningly gorgeous girls in one day. I like all types of women. It depends on what you like. Like other posters have said, SF is a goldmine for really fine Asian women. Different cities are known for different flavors of women who are more common (i.e. Miami is known for its sexy Latinas and Atlanta is known for its fine Black women) and SF is definitely a capital for Asian women. In certain areas of the city like the Fillmore along Fulton or McAllister streets riding the bus you might see some good looking Black or Ethiopian women here and there. I have in the past. In nearby Bay Area cities like Oakland you will find more Black women (Keyshia Cole is from East Oakland and she is pretty fine) as well as the whole diversity of the spectrum because Oakland is one of the most diverse cities in the country. Since SF is such a walkable city and many people in SF are much more approachable and open to talking to strangers than many other cities, public transportation is actually a good place to scope out women.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...tive-people/12

Last edited by goldenchild08; 08-25-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I think SF is in the middle of the pack when it comes to women. Trust me, DC, Baltimore and Philly or random Bible Belt town USA have much less attractive women than SF. Although I hate to say it, SF is definitely not on the level of NYC where you might see dozens of stunningly gorgeous girls in one day. I like all types of women. It depends on what you like. Like other posters have said, SF is a goldmine for really fine Asian women. Different cities are known for different flavors of women who are more common (i.e. Miami is known for its sexy Latinas and Atlanta is known for its fine Black women) and SF is definitely a capital for Asian women. In certain areas of the city like the Fillmore along Fulton or McAllister streets riding the bus you might see some good looking Black or Ethiopian women here and there. I have in the past. In nearby Bay Area cities like Oakland you will find more Black women (Keyshia Cole is from East Oakland and she is pretty fine) as well as the whole diversity of the spectrum because Oakland is one of the most diverse cities in the country. Since SF is such a walkable city and many people in SF are much more approachable and open to talking to strangers than many other cities, public transportation is actually a good place to scope out women.

America's Most and Least Attractive People- Page 12 - Articles | Travel + Leisure
I've not been to those other cities but I agree with everything you said regarding Oakland and San Francisco +1

Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,517,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I think SF is in the middle of the pack when it comes to women. Trust me, DC, Baltimore and Philly or random Bible Belt town USA have much less attractive women than SF.
Disagree! Bible belt city of Dallas has some of the most attractive women and the average is very much ahead of SF. Check this video of Dallas clubs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8O8qJVO0E

SF has a higher % of more educated, professional type i.e. the type who focused on more challenging career than being an average bimbo!

In any case, the weather of SF is such that most women are wearing their Northface jackets 90% of the year. Nobody has a tan because the sun rarely shines! The non-stop gloomy weather make people look depressed and unattractive.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post

In any case, the weather of SF is such that most women are wearing their Northface jackets 90% of the year. Nobody has a tan because the sun rarely shines! The non-stop gloomy weather make people look depressed and unattractive.
Die!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,073,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
SF has a higher % of more educated, professional type i.e. the type who focused on more challenging career than being an average bimbo!
"I don't always go for bimbos, but when I do I prefer them to be average."

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/2598/original/The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg?1275587910 (broken link)

Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 AM

120 posts, read 313,136 times
I think the ones who can probably move away because they are looking to get married and don't want to waste their time on gays. This is just an opinion. Gay people, I am not a hater. No need to respond to my opinion.
To the OP, have you tried looking south to San Jose ?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:19 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebowitz View Post
I just got back from a couple of interviews in San Francisco yesterday and I had a question. Not to offend anyone but why aren't there any good looking girls in SF? I saw maybe 2 the whole 3 days I was there, and those girls were at Fisherman's Wharf so they might have been tourists.

I spent most of my time in the SOMA district. Maybe they're elsewhere? I'm a little confused because I've never experienced this before in any other city I've been to. Is there an explanation?
Sorry, I moved to San Jose a few months ago...

Can't really answer your question, since I'm typically more focused on the men - and finding cute, single, straight men (to date) in San Francisco was hard enough, without worrying about what the girls looked like. It's also too darned cold there for skimpy outfits, so maybe you just couldn't see beyond the winter coats and pants?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:50 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,958,911 times
What age range are you talking? Consider the woman who was smoking at 25 who is not 35 or 40..It's all superficial.. I guess just like the good looking guy yesterday at 25 is now 35 or 40 with a beginning belly etc..( for the women argument)

Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,232,781 times
Wow, people love their stereotypes and exaggerations. SF has plenty of hot chicks, especially Asian girls, with an honorable mention to hipster chicks, marina girls, and latinas (heh gotta get my own stereotypes up in this). I'll concede that some other cities seem to have even more attractive women: San Jose, Sacramento, San Diego...maybe it's just the skimpier clothes becuase of the warmer weather creating an optical illusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_back_kid View Post
I think the ones who can probably move away because they are looking to get married and don't want to waste their time on gays. This is just an opinion. Gay people, I am not a hater. No need to respond to my opinion.
To the OP, have you tried looking south to San Jose ?
Maybe you're not a hater, but you are stupid. They're leaving to get away from the gays? SF is only 15% gay, which is not much higher than the next cities on the list. I guess you think people are leaving NY, LA, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, etc to get married and get away from the Gays too?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 12,535 times
There's actually a blog I found that talks about this phenomenon in SF Why There Are No Girls In San Francisco.

So far, the general consensus seems to be that SF has a large population of unattractive girls and that the pretty ones are in the Marina district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland