Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM

484 posts, read 822,740 times

Advertisements

The techie corporate shills need to stay in their suburban campuses where they can come up with useless crap that only makes people more and more miserable. The shuttle-bus protestors are valiantly fighting the good fight against one of the worst scourges to hit our fair city.

Can I get an Amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 02:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
So your mad at people that pay the majority of taxes and choose to take an evironmentaly friendly method of transportation to work that reduces congestion and pollution?

Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM

343 posts, read 445,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_eagle View Post
The techie corporate shills need to stay in their suburban campuses where they can come up with useless crap that only makes people more and more miserable. The shuttle-bus protestors are valiantly fighting the good fight against one of the worst scourges to hit our fair city.

Can I get an Amen?
No

Old 04-01-2014, 02:55 PM

457 posts, read 757,104 times
Quote:

Can I get an Amen?
Yeah, we would rather have gang violence, graffiti, pot holed roads, drugs, homelessness than 6% techie population in the city, who pays taxes, buys stuff, creates jobs, and gets transported in an environmental friendly manner. Where is the protest against out of touch city residents?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:00 PM

238 posts, read 302,750 times
useless crap - like internet forum software?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM

486 posts, read 832,728 times
What do these protesters want? The workers to live in another area and spend their money their? I don't understand.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM

3,247 posts, read 6,305,755 times
Quote:

Can I get an Amen?
AMEN! The problem with these giant shuttle buses is that they drive around the small streets of residential neighborhoods, block traffic and endanger pedestrians. Several times I have been driving on 26th through Noe Valley and could barely squeeze by a gigantic tech bus. Muni puts its big double-size buses along major thoroughfares like Geary, Mission and Market but the tech buses run wild on the narrow residential streets of SF.

If they can ban plastic bags they can and should also ban these oversized monstrosities!

Last edited by capoeira; 04-01-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
#fwp

Old 04-01-2014, 05:21 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,554,081 times
THIS is why people hate on CA. I'm not one of the haters, but whenever someone here asks why people like to hate on CA, don't make up reasons like envy, think of threads like this. CA has a lot to like, but also a lot of people with really wacked out views who elect politicians in their image.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:35 PM

457 posts, read 757,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
THIS is why people hate on CA. I'm not one of the haters, but whenever someone here asks why people like to hate on CA, don't make up reasons like envy, think of threads like this. CA has a lot to like, but also a lot of people with really wacked out views who elect politicians in their image.
People hate CA because people here care about something and protest ? Regardless of whether I agree with protestors or not this is an exercise in democracy and free speech. Ironically, this free spirit is actually what attracts more people to CA and SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland