Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 06:21 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,543,330 times

Advertisements

What school is better to send my children to? What school has a better academic standing? Which school has less disciplinary problems? If your child goes to these schools, please share their experiences? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,056,742 times
Rodriguez is the better school and the Green Valley schools - particularly Nelda Mundy and GV Middle - are the best in the city. FHS is a step-up over Armijo and Rodriguez is a step-up over FHS is the best way to put it.

API:

Rodriguez 765
FHS 679

http://api.cde.ca.gov/reports/page2....submit1=submit

Rodriguez is no different than any other suburban HS, though. There are fights, problem children, etc, but I'd have no worries sending my kid there. I know plenty of kids that go there. My niece attends GV Middle and loves it.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:47 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,543,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Rodriguez is the better school and the Green Valley schools - particularly Nelda Mundy and GV Middle - are the best in the city. FHS is a step-up over Armijo and Rodriguez is a step-up over FHS is the best way to put it.

API:

Rodriguez 765
FHS 679

http://api.cde.ca.gov/reports/page2....submit1=submit

Rodriguez is no different than any other suburban HS, though. There are fights, problem children, etc, but I'd have no worries sending my kid there. I know plenty of kids that go there. My niece attends GV Middle and loves it.
Thanks for the response. Are you familiar with Vanden High as well? Does a student have to live on base to go to that school?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:43 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,692,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
What school is better to send my children to? What school has a better academic standing? Which school has less disciplinary problems? If your child goes to these schools, please share their experiences? Thanks.
I moved around a lot growing up, so finding out good schools was a top priority. I used to use greatschools.org to compare schools, the reviews and grades were very accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland