Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Wow, it's like we're the new L.A. We surpass Frisco in population and they take out their anger on us. That's so world-class of you. You can keep being the west coast's little NYC sample platter, and we'll all go on with our lives.
Typical Ho resident who has an inferiority complex. The fact that The Ho has a larger population and land size than the City is meaningless. Population and land size have nothing to do with anything really. I would venture to say that 99% of people in the world believe San Francisco to be the 2nd biggest city in California, when it's really the 4th biggest, and I would venture to say that 99% of people (outside of California) don't even know The Ho exists. Sad, but true - Oakland and Berkeley are surely even more well-known than The Ho, and both have more to offer, making The Ho the Bay Area's 4th city! Lastly, it's probably the most unknown of the 15 (or more) biggest cities in the country.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Wow, it's like we're the new L.A. We surpass Frisco in population and they take out their anger on us. That's so world-class of you. You can keep being the west coast's little NYC sample platter, and we'll all go on with our lives.
I don't think "little NYC sample platter" is quite accurate. While the two are, without a doubt, the two premiere cities in the United States, they have little in common other than that and both are densely populated. San Francisco reminds me a lot more of Europe (Barcelona for example) than it does of NYC.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:00 PM

67 posts, read 148,055 times
Consider this...When a family takes a vacation they dont say " hey honey lets take the kids to san jose this year. I hear it's the nations richest city with 970,000 people. Oh and how bout those sharks and maybe if we're really lucky will run into some of those high tech giants. Only someone from san jose would consider it better than s.f. and usually it's cuz thats all they know.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandosgirl View Post
Consider this...When a family takes a vacation they dont say " hey honey lets take the kids to san jose this year. I hear it's the nations richest city with 970,000 people. Oh and how bout those sharks and maybe if we're really lucky will run into some of those high tech giants. Only someone from san jose would consider it better than s.f. and usually it's cuz thats all they know.
We agree here brandosgirl. I don't think a family would ever say that for the simple reason that outside of California it's probable that few people even know The Ho exists.

The fact that anyone could consider it better than SF is laughable.

Nice reputation reply too

Old 09-14-2007, 05:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Typical Ho resident who has an inferiority complex. The fact that The Ho has a larger population and land size than the City is meaningless. Population and land size have nothing to do with anything really.
That was my point, smart guy. The hate (as evidenced by your continued use of "The Ho") is pointless. San Francisco is great, and yet people there seem uncomfortable in their own skin. They have to put down every other city there is. It's so "diverse" that anything different sucks, which makes tons of sense, right?
Quote:
I would venture to say that 99% of people in the world believe San Francisco to be the 2nd biggest city in California, when it's really the 4th biggest, and I would venture to say that 99% of people (outside of California) don't even know The Ho exists. Sad, but true - Oakland and Berkeley are surely even more well-known than The Ho, and both have more to offer, making The Ho the Bay Area's 4th city! Lastly, it's probably the most unknown of the 15 (or more) biggest cities in the country.
This is similarly pointless, sir. Popular opinion means crap. George W. Bush was elected president twice. Britney Spears sold millions of records. I've said this to you before: fame does not translate to greatness in any aspect. You can continue your ignorant bashing, though.
Quote:
I don't think "little NYC sample platter" is quite accurate. While the two are, without a doubt, the two premiere cities in the United States, they have little in common other than that and both are densely populated. San Francisco reminds me a lot more of Europe (Barcelona for example) than it does of NYC.
The two premier cities? Barcelona?? Wow, you're more delusional than I thought.
Quote:
This was never about being better than San Francisco. It was about San Jose not being a worthless dump. Some of us don't see arguments in extremes. The world is not black and white. Apparently, that's beyond your abilities. Things are either good or bad in your mind. Everything ranks on one scale and nothing exists on different planes. You're a brilliant mind.

The two of you can continue gauging the world by what other people think. Obviously, that's what being open-minded in San Francisco is all about.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Ok this is my point exactly !!!! Your right things arent black or white!!!! But not everything is a breakdown of something most people dont feel the need to quote the per capita of whatever you said they dont care about sports coplexes and they dont care about high tech giants!!!! Alot of people just simply want to wake up in the morning go to work and be happy. Your saying that beone's not diverse but you seem like the closed mided one!!! Theres more than san jose in the bay area and maybe you need to get out a see some of it. The funny thing is you say we see things black and white but you seem to be in a little bit of a gray area yourself. Wake up and see the rainbow baby. I believe you can do that every june in the wonderful diverse city of san francisco

Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Quote:
Ok this is my point exactly !!!! Your right things arent black or white!!!! But not everything is a breakdown of something most people dont feel the need to quote the per capita of whatever you said they dont care about sports coplexes and they dont care about high tech giants!!!! Alot of people just simply want to wake up in the morning go to work and be happy. Your saying that beone's not diverse but you seem like the closed mided one!!! Theres more than san jose in the bay area and maybe you need to get out a see some of it. The funny thing is you say we see things black and white but you seem to be in a little bit of a gray area yourself. Wake up and see the rainbow baby. I believe you can do that every june in the wonderful diverse city of san francisco
Ugh, we're just accusing each other of being the same thing. San Franciscans are generally the ones not in the know about the rest of the Bay. I'm visiting friends up there all the time. I know the place. It's great, except for the attitude which is clearly evident from you two (and countless others I've met). I've had a great time in SJ, SF, Oakland, Sacramento, so on and so on. I live in San Jose but I'm a resident of a much larger region. I don't confine myself to the famous parts. I don't look to other opinions to assess a city in my mind. I'll admit there are parts of this city which suck, but I don't blanket a 175 square mile area with one view. The Bay Area is a dynamic landscape which varies by the block. It's time people stop seeing it in terms of city limits and everlasting stigmas.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM

This is crazy!!!!!!... You know why??? You have me defending s.f. a city im trying to get out of!!!!! But I do reconize what it has to offer and appreciate it!!! Usually more when i'm away from it, but still i appreciate it. But i still feel that san jose is boring. So tell me other than what you said in your previous post what does san jose have to offer to someone???? What would be your argument if you had to convince someone to move to s.j. instead of s.f.????

Old 09-14-2007, 09:45 PM

832 posts, read 3,853,968 times
San Mateo is closest to SFO

Old 09-15-2007, 03:53 AM

72 posts, read 104,225 times
Quote:
This is crazy!!!!!!... You know why??? You have me defending s.f. a city im trying to get out of!!!!! But I do reconize what it has to offer and appreciate it!!! Usually more when i'm away from it, but still i appreciate it. But i still feel that san jose is boring. So tell me other than what you said in your previous post what does san jose have to offer to someone???? What would be your argument if you had to convince someone to move to s.j. instead of s.f.????
That's the beauty of these threads- they get you to stand up for the good points of where you are.

I used to live in San Jose, and while I have to agree it's not the most exciting place to be, people DO CHOOSE to live there for such silly reasons as career and family. No, it's not a vacation destination, but Silicon Valley's economy, safety and many of the schools there are all attractions for many others (if not you) to call it home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland