Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

I was also really put off by that guy who was banging on the hood of that Mercedes in Downtown.

The driver should have remained still instead of trying to drive around him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Bare naked stinking greed.
Yeah, you and nuglleo hit the nail on the head.

So how do we counter that?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,389 times
In the eyes of the Wealth/Rich, "commoners", "peasants" are not really human... no more HUMAN than a lab rat for a big pharma company. They are CATTLE in their eyes. So, do you think they care whom you VOTE for (it only can be another puppet for the wealthy, since US population is severely brainwashed by the corrupt media owned by the wealth)... they don't care whom you vote for, what you say and what you PEACEFULLY PROTEST, they don't give a damn. They LAUGH at all this. They bought it (the country) already. LOOK at some 3rd world countries--do THEY (the "elite") care what population thinks or protests--THEY DON'T. That's why I can not blame demonstrators turning violent in attempt to deliver their message.
It's like thinking that a medieval feudal would care about his slaves peacefully protesting carrying signs, ahahaha....

Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
In the eyes of the Wealth/Rich, "commoners", "peasants" are not really human... no more HUMAN than a lab rat for a big pharma company.
This is not true of all wealthy people.

I do agree that many super rich people feel that way, but not all.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:32 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is not true of all wealthy people.

I do agree that many super rich people feel that way, but not all.

I meant wealthy as a group, not each particular individual--I'm sure there're people who're full of charitable intentions, etc... (as soon as those leftovers don't really hurt their group interests). But ultimately it all boils down to: Dog eat Dog.

Last edited by alexxiz; 11-03-2011 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Not even honorable mention for the 1%er who gunned his Mercedes into the crowd sending several demonstrators to the hospital.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not even honorable mention for the 1%er who gunned his Mercedes into the crowd sending several demonstrators to the hospital.
I dont like what the driver did and there is no excuse for that but a protestor was banging violently on his hood. Was that called for?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
ROTFLMFAO

No dude, just no. When the police tell you to stand down, you clear the hell out of the way. Also, this rallying around Scott Olsen is duplicitous nonsense. In the Bush years with the wars in full swing, Olsen would have been labeled a baby killer, murderer, or a war criminal by these same people. Now he's a rallying point? I call BS on that.
I don't think the world cares what you think. I'm a Combat Veteran myself, the facts are in the perceptiion. All over the world they see American Citizens being gassed by the police. They won't need to go any further. Just like portraying the demonstrators as rioters but not mentioning the 1%er who gunned his Mercedes into the crowd

Old 11-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont like what the driver did and there is no excuse for that but a protestor was banging violently on his hood. Was that called for?
So a homeless person bangs on your hood you get to gun your car into a crowd? Why isn't it being mentioned in the News? Because it doesn't fit the portrait they are painting?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So a homeless person bangs on your hood you get to gun your car into a crowd? Why isn't it being mentioned in the News?
I already said the driver was wrong. And what does the person being homeless have to do with it?

However it appears you are saying its acceptable to bang on somebody's hood?

Its not, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland