Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:38 PM

179 posts, read 410,850 times

Advertisements

Whats up with kids wearing there jeans down at the knee? I was at the store today. And walked past this young man. I would say he was in his teens. Whos jeans looked well. The poor kids waist band was literately at his knees. I was tempted to warn him he was about to lose his pants. Fortunately for him. He was wearing an over sized shirt. Is some fad in Oakland or what? Cause I never noticed it back in Iowa. I having moved to west Oakland earlier this year. Cause its impossible for me to imagine how somebody would not notice well. He was about to loose something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyoung123 View Post
Whats up with kids wearing there jeans down at the knee? I was at the store today. And walked past this young man. I would say he was in his teens. Whos jeans looked well. The poor kids waist band was literately at his knees. I was tempted to warn him he was about to lose his pants. Fortunately for him. He was wearing an over sized shirt. Is some fad in Oakland or what? Cause I never noticed it back in Iowa. I having moved to west Oakland earlier this year. Cause its impossible for me to imagine how somebody would not notice well. He was about to loose something.

Its an older fad throughout most inner cities of major cities, although skinny jeans are becoming a lot more prevalent (including in Oakland).

Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 PM

179 posts, read 410,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Its an older fad throughout most inner cities of major cities, although skinny jeans are becoming a lot more prevalent (including in Oakland).
Thanks for the answer. Was wondering.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,697,911 times
Quote:
I have seen plenty of kids with the skinny jeans sagging at mid thigh. Poor kid couldn't even walk. It was hilarious!

And then of course there are the other kids with their skinny jeans below their boxer briefs. I wasn't quite sure what the goal was: showing off your Calvins or something else.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have seen plenty of kids with the skinny jeans sagging at mid thigh. Poor kid couldn't even walk. It was hilarious!

And then of course there are the other kids with their skinny jeans below their boxer briefs. I wasn't quite sure what the goal was: showing off your Calvins or something else.

I didn't say sagging was going out of style, I said baggy jeans were lol.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't say sagging was going out of style, I said baggy jeans were lol.
I don't think I'll ever understand this sagging trend. :P

I generally just laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Maybe we can bring back the 90s and combine the backward pants and the sagging.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,029,460 times
lol I'd almost forgotten about backwards pants. How about parachute pants for the white guido kids, they were big for like 30 minutes where I grew up in South Florida...Z. Cavarecchis or something.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
lol I'd almost forgotten about backwards pants. How about parachute pants for the white guido kids, they were big for like 30 minutes where I grew up in South Florida...Z. Cavarecchis or something.
How about Hammer pants, Starter jackets and sideways visors!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,683,731 times
Congratulations, you're all OLD!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Congratulations, you're all OLD!

Not me. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland