Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 12:55 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times

Advertisements

Help! I haven't had a moving violation in a long time. I want to pay my ticket and request traffic school to get the point removed without going to the courthouse.

Can someone help me figure out what I need to do to complete the process correctly so I don't mess it up? I don't want to lock myself out of being able to go to traffic school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Go here, and follow the links to paying your ticket online: Pay Traffic Tickets Online in California | DMV

When you pay the fine, it will offer the additional option of paying to attend traffic school... select that, pay the extra (around $50) fee, and then look for an online or live traffic school. You will then ALSO have to pay the school's registration fee, which could range from $9-20+ depending on who you choose. Once the course is finished, they will automatically send this "certificate" to the DMV - and then you're done, with no points on your record. Just make sure to select a court approved traffic school; and I would recommend doing it online, as the courses are relatively quick & painless.

Yes, I have dealt with this issue before... more times than I'd like to admit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland