Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM

7 posts, read 7,862 times

Advertisements

We are looking at making a move to RedwoodCity for a job specifically at Seaport blvd and Hinman St.
I know nothing about the Bay area.
We have lived in southern Ca and do not like apartment living and hours of commuting. I do not like the overcast/haze/june gloom that stays until late afternoon. We would be looking for a home or large apt (2000+sqft) to rent in a safe, quiet, family friendly neighborhood.

I would like to get an idea on where I can find such places to live and the cost of living. What are areas that are within an hour commute and the cost of renting?
Hours of work are mid morning to late evening...so not the usual rush hour commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,043,351 times
Your budget?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,687,890 times
Why does no-one ever do any basic research around here? There are a million "where should I live" threads that all cover the same basic facts.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Let's just pretend money isn't an issue and you want to live as close to work as possible w/o crime, noise, apartment living and haze everyday. What you do want is a quiet neighborhood with friendly families that stroll down their streets and take walks to local parks. What I am assuming is that I won't be able to find a place like this for under $3,000 a month....

Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 PM

Default Show me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Why does no-one ever do any basic research around here? There are a million "where should I live" threads that all cover the same basic facts.
Please direct me to this thread that answers my questions.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,750,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomopo View Post
Please direct me to this thread that answers my questions.
Please use the search button and type in Redwood City.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=redwood+city+site%3Acity-data.com

Old 10-27-2011, 11:28 AM

3,721 posts, read 14,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomopo View Post
Let's just pretend money isn't an issue and you want to live as close to work as possible w/o crime, noise, apartment living and haze everyday. What you do want is a quiet neighborhood with friendly families that stroll down their streets and take walks to local parks. What I am assuming is that I won't be able to find a place like this for under $3,000 a month....
San Carlos (west of El Camino Real - Hwy 82) would be a good fit. About 15 minutes to Seaport Blvd. Good schools and a nice downtown area.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:34 AM

2,148 posts, read 3,307,654 times
Belmont is a good choice, very family friendly, excellent schools at all levels (elementary, middle and high school), and a short drive to Redwood City. You would have to move quickly when a home is available in the $3000/under range.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,040,356 times
Woodside Plaza area in RWC fits the bill (the area in and around Alameda de las Pulgas). Lots of older SFH with tree-lined streets. Except for a couple of exceptions, the schools aren't great but that wasn't one of your requirements. Most of these older homes are small-ish, though.

For example: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/apa/2669363152.html (broken link)

Old 10-27-2011, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
Default There are many good homes and apt for rent in Redwood City

Dear Family,

There are many micro-neighborhoods in Redwood City that would work great for your rental needs. All are accessible to Seaport Blvd. job location.

The issues you will face is the bay area is current a haven for landlords. There are a high number of renters and few rentals available. My experience has shown me as a landlord and a Realtor helping renters is Craigslist the the ultimate place to find your new home. Use the alert system in Craigslist to keep a finger on the pulse of new rentals coming on the market.

When applying for a rental you will need good credit, and application form, and capacity to move quickly. You may want to consider renting before you make the trek up for LA.

Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by thepinksquid; 10-27-2011 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Direct soliciting not permitted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland