Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,838 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a budget around 700,000-800,00 to buy a large 2 or smaller 3 bedroom home. Looking for one that I can easily commute to work in Mountain View. Would like an area that will appreciate in value, and is nice neighborhood with hopefully a little bit of privacy. I have been to Belmont before and it is beautiful but most of the properties are in my higher price range and located in the hills. I am not sure if it will be easy to get to work from there and I would prefer not to drive to steep an uphill or downhill.

Any advice which city is the best bet for me. Most of all I would like something that I can make a profit if I chose to resale later, say in 3-5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 02:56 PM

3,721 posts, read 14,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit209 View Post
Hello,

I have a budget around 700,000-800,00 to buy a large 2 or smaller 3 bedroom home. Looking for one that I can easily commute to work in Mountain View. Would like an area that will appreciate in value, and is nice neighborhood with hopefully a little bit of privacy. I have been to Belmont before and it is beautiful but most of the properties are in my higher price range and located in the hills. I am not sure if it will be easy to get to work from there and I would prefer not to drive to steep an uphill or downhill.

Any advice which city is the best bet for me. Most of all I would like something that I can make a profit if I chose to resale later, say in 3-5 years.
Check out San Carlos. I have seen 2 bedroom (somewhat on the small side) homes going for $700 - $800K in the flat lands - some maybe within walking distance of downtown and parks. Here's a site to check out housing prices in the area: The White Oaks Blog: A San Carlos Real Estate Blog by A San Carlos Realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland