Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,939,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
"By far the most common interracial marriage in America today is one like that of my own—a white husband married to an Asian wife, making up 14 percent of all mixed unions. Interestingly, in 75 percent of Asian-white marriages, the husband is white." ..

As far as this :

You see a lot of things Montclair and don't often understand what you are seeing .. I don't know if it is out of willful blindness or just blindness...
Let me explain since the meaning behind your observation escapes.. That observation is known as girls getting that 'black experience'... You can take your pick of non-black girls who can't wait to get those 'experience points'.... It peaks in highschool and college among 'girls' and tails out towards mid twenties when a 'woman' starts shopping for a husband.. Typically around the early stages, it's easier for a girl to 'venture off' and get D'ed down on the sly ... Parents sometimes don't know .. don't bring him around their 'true' friends... most definitely wont see facebook pictures of the two .. Trust me, I've D'ed a lot of them down in my early days.. My dad just happened to warn me about them ... "don't get sidetracked from your studies by these hot behind girls looking for black D"... and I listened unlike many other young black men that get lost in the sauce....

So yeah, thought i'd explain that 'trend' you see .. Let me know how many 'families' you see.. Therein lies the understanding I saw even when I was young.. Some 'girls' feel your D is good enough for them but they are too good to marry you.. Just because you see some girls dipping in the sauce on the side doesn't mean the intentions are genuine ...

A lot of these strong black men help Asian girls find themselves after having their head scrambled by their parents/society .. After that they are good to go and ready to find a good white husband .. LOL

But let me chill, I think I'm giving out too much info on this topic. Back to the regularly scheduled program

A huge point about some of these threads seems to be people are talking about the relationships between girls and boys and not men and women. Let me say from a person with life experience that people can look at women will date only this type of man but let me tell you when it comes to marriage it's not the type of the person but who the person is.

There are many lonely women and men out in the world who are in a marriage they are miserable with but they married the type of person they and other thought they should marry.

That being said I did once speak with a Asian friend who told me about the strife between some Asian women and Asian men. To me it seemed like the big issue was how they were treated. I had no clue about the conflicts between men and women in many other races or should I say communities.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, we are wrong. Its amazing how much more out-of-towners know about Oakland than Oaklanders themselves. Amazing isnt it?

LOL
Don't you worry, i'll spend an hour tonight finding the 'statistics' to show both of you are wrong... The census department keeps a good amount of data you know... The kind of data that backs the many statements I have quoted :
"""By far the most common interracial marriage in America today is a white husband married to an Asian wife, making up 14 percent of all mixed unions. Interestingly, in 75 percent of Asian-white marriages, the husband is white." ..""

I'll start here :

Oakland :

Census 2010
TOTAL POPULATION 90,724 100.0%

RACE
White 134,925 34.5%
Black or African American 109,471 28.0%
American Indian/Alaskan 3,040 0.8%
Asian 65,811 16.8%
Hawaiian / Pacific Islander2,222 0.6%
Some other race 53,378 13.7%
Two or more races 21,877 5.6%

Tonight, i'll more specifically zero in on the break down of interracial marriages and the 'slice' in Oakland to put your contrived statements to rest once and for all .. I am hoping there are no discontinuities in the census data availability... The 'prevalence' you state is far from the 'reality' of interracial marriage %'ages .. Again, Getting D'ed on the sly and being 'seen' with some dark meat isn't the same as wedding it .. The census data focuses on households and marriages .. Not on, whose the flavor of the week.. The issue is the translation to a family household... which i/others have already provided some insight as to why there isn't a translation from and to for certain groups.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,962,299 times
Quote:
Don't you worry, i'll spend an hour tonight finding the 'statistics' to show both of you are wrong... The census department keeps a good amount of data you know... The kind of data that backs the many statements I have quoted :
"""By far the most common interracial marriage in America today is a white husband married to an Asian wife, making up 14 percent of all mixed unions. Interestingly, in 75 percent of Asian-white marriages, the husband is white." ..""

I'll start here :

Oakland :

Census 2010
TOTAL POPULATION 90,724 100.0%

RACE
White 134,925 34.5%
Black or African American 109,471 28.0%
American Indian/Alaskan 3,040 0.8%
Asian 65,811 16.8%
Hawaiian / Pacific Islander2,222 0.6%
Some other race 53,378 13.7%
Two or more races 21,877 5.6%

Tonight, i'll more specifically zero in on the break down of interracial marriages and the 'slice' in Oakland to put your contrived statements to rest once and for all .. I am hoping there are no discontinuities in the census data availability... The 'prevalence' you state is far from the 'reality' of interracial marriage %'ages .. Again, Getting D'ed on the sly and being 'seen' with some dark meat isn't the same as wedding it .. The census data focuses on households and marriages .. Not on, whose the flavor of the week.. The issue is the translation to a family household... which i/others have already provided some insight as to why there isn't a translation from and to for certain groups.
Please go away. Even if you were right about anything, you'd certainly bore the he** out of any woman of any race just like your long winded bipolar rants about meaningless fluff claiming how self important and smart you are about everything. Gotta go take my nap now, my head hurts.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
A huge point about some of these threads seems to be people are talking about the relationships between girls and boys and not men and women. Let me say from a person with life experience that people can look at women will date only this type of man but let me tell you when it comes to marriage it's not the type of the person but who the person is.
Dating is one thing .. Marriage is another. As much as it is 'who the person is'.. The stats show that it is also 'the type of person'.. Stats don't lie and people don't who have the balls to be frank about why x is x.

Quote:
There are many lonely women and men out in the world who are in a marriage they are miserable with but they married the type of person they and other thought they should marry.
That family/friend pressure life.. Interesting because when you are 'dating' on the sly they don't factor in .. which is why the 'dating' pool skew (boys/girls) (men/women) exists and doesn't translate to the skew during marriage. 'Who the person is' matters .. and so does 'the type of person'..

Quote:
That being said I did once speak with a Asian friend who told me about the strife between some Asian women and Asian men. To me it seemed like the big issue was how they were treated. I had no clue about the conflicts between men and women in many other races or should I say communities.
I spoke to an Asian girl who I used to D' down from oakland who my Asian male friend was interested in why she didn't date Asian guys .. her response was : I can fix a soft guy .. and asian guys tend to be soft.. I don't want roses unless i did something nice .. don't surprise me everyday w/ roses it gets old .. Asian guys are too nice.. but I can fix nice.. I can't fix a guy's small _____ .

Now, I throw this out there not to get in an extended discussion about 'that'.. but I do it to say.. this girl messes w/ a lot of black guys on the sly .. she's frank about it .. she never brings them home to daddy though .. never brings them around her close friends .. She brings those model 'white' guys around though.

Females will say anything .. 'type' matters as much as 'who' when it comes to marriage.

I'd love to think we live in a world where race doesn't matter and the great thing about this country is that we will eventually get to that point and are progressing there. For now, things are the way they are and I don't take kindly to someone massaging the truth and being dishonest about it .. Keep it real and save the b.s for your own personal life.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Please go away. Even if you were right about anything, you'd certainly bore the he** out of any woman of any race just like your long winded bipolar rants about meaningless fluff claiming how self important and smart you are about everything. Gotta go take my nap now, my head hurts.

This is a discussion forum .. Where people discuss things. If you can't handle that , go take a nap ! (o' wait)

Myself, I'm happily co-habitating w/ a pinay that loves my style.. So, on that last part.

*back to the discussion

Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM

876 posts, read 1,793,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
LoL race threads in SF forum always turn into some sort of debate about Asian chicks. I never got that.
LOL...seriously, It seems most guys really are only concerned about what their chances are with Asian women than they really are concerned about racism.

I'm guessing if some of the same guys complaining about racism met an Asian girl things like apartheid would be an afterthought.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
LOL...seriously, It seems most guys really are only concerned about what their chances are with Asian women than they really are concerned about racism.

I'm guessing if some of the same guys complaining about racism met an Asian girl things like apartheid would be an afterthought.
Yeah, some guys are most definitely feeling crunchy and hurt about their chances with Asian women .. Some aren't (like myself who has dated mainly Asian women over the past 5 years .. Marriage wise, I've found wifey as of late and her parents love me - for perspective only) .. this is where focusing on the message and not the messenger reap great reward in understanding, discussion, and learning.

As I've stated several times, the focus here is not on 'relationships'.. Relationships are only one 'surface' (because you have to dig deeper still) level manifestation of particular race based views a person has... For instance, if i say, you are good enough to cut my lawn but not good enough to date my daughter.. There is a particular driver behind that view .. digging deep into what that driver is uncovers a great deal about the 'issue' .. and that driver will extend far beyond just your views on dating.. it impacts friendships, the workplace, social interaction and many other things...

To illustrate :

Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 PM

31,943 posts, read 34,484,403 times
Quote:
Yeah, some guys are most definitely feeling crunchy and hurt about their chances with Asian women .. Some aren't (like myself who has dated mainly Asian women over the past 5 years .. Marriage wise, I've found wifey as of late and her parents love me - for perspective only) .. this is where focusing on the message and not the messenger reap great reward in understanding, discussion, and learning.

As I've stated several times, the focus here is not on 'relationships'.. Relationships are only one 'surface' (because you have to dig deeper still) level manifestation of particular race based views a person has... For instance, if i say, you are good enough to cut my lawn but not good enough to date my daughter.. There is a particular driver behind that view .. digging deep into what that driver is uncovers a great deal about the 'issue' .. and that driver will extend far beyond just your views on dating.. it impacts friendships, the workplace, social interaction and many other things...
This is very true.

Except for in the Bay Area.

You've obviously never been there. Racial biases do not exist in California. You only find those in mean-spirited, less progressive East Coast cities like New York and Philadelphia where everybody lives in ethnic enclaves. Bayview-Hunter's Point, Chinatown and the San Francisco public school system provide shining examples of what a city can be when people don't see race at all.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is very true.

Except for in the Bay Area.

You've obviously never been there. Racial biases do not exist in California. You only find those in mean-spirited, less progressive East Coast cities like New York and Philadelphia where everybody lives in ghettos/barrios.
I live in Palo Alto and work in the valley.. and frequent SF . What are you talking about bro?

Have you been reading my posts at all? It is 'less' so in California for 'certain' things .. I agree with you. ... So, lets take a look a Bayview as you used as a shining example of what Calif. offers because you've obviously fallen off the wagon :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Bayview-Hunter's Point and the San Francisco public school system provide shining examples of what a city can be when people don't see race at all.

"Demographics & Statistics: According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Bayview Hunters Point’s population is approximately 50% African American (compared to 7.6% citywide) 27.6% Pacific Islander (mostly Samoan and Tongan), 16.7% Latina/Hispanic, 5.4% White, and .3% Native American. It has one of the highest poverty rates in San Francisco, with 30% of families earning less that $10,000 per year, and a median household income of $29,640 annually, as compared to $65,000 for white San Franciscans and a $55,221 average citywide. An overwhelming 72% of the African Americans in Bayview Hunters Point have incomes below the federal poverty level.

The San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Community Development (2005) reports that Bayview Hunters Point has one of the highest percentages of children in the city: 30.0% as compared to the citywide average of 16.7%, and one of the lowest levels of educational attainment with 36.6% of its resident having no high-school diploma as compared to 18.8% citywide and only 11.6% having a Bachelors Degree as compared to 45.0% citywide.

Hunters Point has the highest rates of unemployment (19.2%, four times the average in the city), the highest infant mortality rates, and the highest rates of poverty in the City and County of San Francisco. Heart disease, breast cancer, strokes, and asthma rates in this area of the city are among the highest in the nation. According to San Francisco’s Human Services Agency’s quarterly report for 2008, BVHP residents represent the greatest number of Calworks (TANF) cases. They are among the greatest numbers of people receiving food stamps, general assistance, and Medicaid.[1] Schools serving a high concentration of children from BVHP have the greatest rate of truancy, suspensions, and dropouts in San Francisco"

The reality is almost in direct contradiction w/ what you are trying to say .. Doesn't get any worse than the above.. I mean, I know of my fair share of ghettos but cot dam ! You've picked one of the worse and are trying to use it to reflect on the shining example of 'what a city can be when people don't see race at all.' .. I mean, consider me blind then

Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,044,398 times
Go back to exclusively spamming the California board with your whiny walls of text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland