Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Deez View Post
Let me give an Asian Male perspective. To deny or pretend like Asian women don't chase after white men is silly and absurd. Don't give me the marriage stat either, as if marriage is the end all proof to the numbers. Dating wise? It's a HUGE amount of Asian Women and White Males. The problem is that it's overwhelmingly White males with Asian women. It's not like it goes both ways which is why it's a topic always discussed. I went to NYU and even back east it's a huge phenomenon and it's an open joke that Jewish men lust after Asian women and vice versa. My sister is one of these self hating women, along with most of her friends. Their excuse will be, Ohhh it's because they are not as shy as Asian men. Oh I like how tall they are etc. Then when you follow up with, oh really? So what about all the other groups of NON white men who may fit that category, i.e. Latinos, Blacks, etc etc. It's always ohhh I'm not attracted to them. They want to have hapa babies and show off their round eye white looking children to all their self hating friends. P.S. I'm dating an Asian woman before any of you say I'm jealous or something silly.
There is a segment of asian women that date outside their ethnic group because they don't want to have to deal with the male-dominated cultural expectations.

This coming from a former co-worker who had a spoiled lazy butt brother treated like a king in the family while the daughters were expected to excel. Keep in mind that she would never date a non-asian, she was just very picky about dating asian guys that had a decidedly western cultural view.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM

9 posts, read 15,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is a segment of asian women that date outside their ethnic group because they don't want to have to deal with the male-dominated cultural expectations.

This coming from a former co-worker who had a spoiled lazy butt brother treated like a king in the family while the daughters were expected to excel. Keep in mind that she would never date a non-asian, she was just very picky about dating asian guys that had a decidedly western cultural view.
That's another excuse used, not all us Asians are FOBs with a Kim Jong Il complex that expect women to be in the kitchen and make sons. Some of us are 5th generation Americans no different than anybody else here culturally. It's a facade put up by self hating Asian women who want to be white. Why do you think Double Eye surgery is so big in the Asian community. Who's doing this more? Men or Women. Of course it's the women to be more attractive to their European white knights.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM

3,981 posts, read 8,962,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
There was no "sarcasm" in that comment.

If so, prove it.
Um...my sarcasm can't be proven. Try proving to me you're a man and not a little girl.

BTW, I was in a relationship with a black man back in my twenties for 9 months or so--I can't prove that either. I'm not sending photos to you or giving you his name but he was known in San Francisco by a lot of SF locals back in the day..

Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,150,065 times
Quote:
BTW, I was in a relationship with a black man back in my twenties for 9 months or so--I can't prove that either. I'm not sending photos to you or giving you his name but he was known in San Francisco by a lot of SF locals back in the day..
^ So what? All this proves is that your old lol.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
Quote:
That's another excuse used, not all us Asians are FOBs with a Kim Jong Il complex that expect women to be in the kitchen and make sons. Some of us are 5th generation Americans no different than anybody else here culturally. It's a facade put up by self hating Asian women who want to be white. Why do you think Double Eye surgery is so big in the Asian community. Who's doing this more? Men or Women. Of course it's the women to be more attractive to their European white knights.
You seem dedicated to shoving a complex situation involving the different attitudes of millions of asian women into a neat little singular causation.

FYI- The gal I referenced before DESPISED the idea of dating a white guy lol. She was quite opinionated and felt that white guys only wanted to date asian women because they stereotyped and wanted her to be subservient.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM

9 posts, read 15,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You seem dedicated to shoving a complex situation involving the different attitudes of millions of asian women into a neat little singular causation.

FYI- The gal I referenced before DESPISED the idea of dating a white guy lol. She was quite opinionated and felt that white guys only wanted to date asian women because they stereotyped and wanted her to be subservient.
Because some things are not overly complex. It's basically the colonial mentality. Frantz Fanon wrote in detail about this. Years of European domination in Asian and on television plays a major part in this. Skin bleaching is huge in Asia, many people are scared to go in the sun out of fear of getting darker, and looking like a "lower class" person. They think dark = low class and poor. If I saw more Asian women dating all types of men it wouldn't be as simple as what I've observed. Rather it's Asian women exclusively dating white men in droves.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:55 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,038,795 times
Quote:
Its far less common than you would otherwise be led to believe by seeing a few "blasian" kids here and there.

Lots of women in the Bay Area seem to display this bizarre and irrational preference for white men. Particularly in SF. In many cases it doesn't matter how charismatic or rich you are.
Maybe it's just you.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Because some things are not overly complex. It's basically the colonial mentality. Frantz Fanon wrote in detail about this. Years of European domination in Asian and on television plays a major part in this. Skin bleaching is huge in Asia, many people are scared to go in the sun out of fear of getting darker, and looking like a "lower class" person. They think dark = low class and poor. If I saw more Asian women dating all types of men it wouldn't be as simple as what I've observed. Rather it's Asian women exclusively dating white men in droves.
Asians are the most affluent and educated race in America. They also comprise only 4.8% of the population. Whites comprise 63% of the U.S population. When it comes to education and affluence, whites are closest to Asians. It only makes sense that Asians are more likely to be with whites - there are more whites to choose from, and statistically speaking, those whites are likely to be richer and more educated.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,150,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Asians are the most affluent and educated race in America. They also comprise only 4.8% of the population. Whites comprise 63% of the U.S population. When it comes to education and affluence, whites are closest to Asians. It only makes sense that Asians are more likely to be with whites - there are more whites to choose from, and statistically speaking, those whites are likely to be richer and more educated.
The problem with your theory is that is doesn't apply to both Asian men as well as Asian women. Its a one-way street between white males and asian females.

Where are all the "highly educated" asian guys with "highly educated" white girls?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
The problem with your theory is that is doesn't apply to both Asian men as well as Asian women. Its a one-way street between white males and asian females.

Where are all the "highly educated" asian guys with "highly educated" white girls?
Dunno, maybe white girls are like black girls, and they're more likely to stay with the same race.

Maybe it's the historical fact that women generally have gone for men who are good providers - rich and educated men are more likely to be good providers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland