Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 08:27 PM

16,573 posts, read 27,283,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Not from here..

In a text book x is x .. In reality, it could be that people don't use it per the textbook definition.... I take it from the way people use 'the bay' in their description of things on the 'west side' of the bay...

Yes, and it doesn't matter what the history is.. People refer to EPA .. as east palo alto. I have never heard it referred to as Ravenswood.. If this is about SF (specifically), all of my commentary still applies.

Thanks
People say "the bay" regardless of where they're referring. It's simply short for "the bay area". Not one specific area.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:12 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,935,657 times
All this is crazy. If your going to just date change your game plan to the woman. If your looking for a spouse look for someone who will be there if you get sick. Stop going by what women want and go by what you want. Once you understand all these women who brush off men at some point are going to get old. If they date or marry for money at some point they are going to be traded in for someone younger or prettier.

In short. Men, Man up.. Is there racism? Yes. Do women have unreal expectations of men? Yes they do but age will take care of that.... There's an answer to an age old question that hit's it on the head.

"Why are women and dog poop similar? Because the older they get the easier they are to pick up."
Men, think about for a minute.. So when you see that hag across the parking lot remember there's a good possibility back in the high school senior or early college days and about 10 years later she was in her prime. Now look at her.. LOL...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,492,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
All this is crazy. If your going to just date change your game plan to the woman. If your looking for a spouse look for someone who will be there if you get sick. Stop going by what women want and go by what you want. Once you understand all these women who brush off men at some point are going to get old. If they date or marry for money at some point they are going to be traded in for someone younger or prettier.

In short. Men, Man up.. Is there racism? Yes. Do women have unreal expectations of men? Yes they do but age will take care of that.... There's an answer to an age old question that hit's it on the head.

"Why are women and dog poop similar? Because the older they get the easier they are to pick up."
Men, think about for a minute.. So when you see that hag across the parking lot remember there's a good possibility back in the high school senior or early college days and about 10 years later she was in her prime. Now look at her.. LOL...
This was a multi-part discussion.. Race sentiment.. the drivers for the sentiment .. and how that impacts : dating, employment, social interaction, etc .. Most certainly not a discussion confined to how to get a girl in the sack as I am sure most don't have issues w/ that .. It's a more broad based issue as the race 'view' infects all sorts of 'interaction'.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM

31,938 posts, read 34,454,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
LoL race threads in SF forum always turn into some sort of debate about Asian chicks. I never got that.
Haha.

A friend of mine is Asian, 6'3, an Ivy grad, played HS varsity basketball in the Philadelphia area, and was president of the Senior Class, and he complained about Asian girls going for white guys all the time!

That's worth repeating.

My boy is a 6'3 Asian who attended an Ivy, plays basketball, and was popular in high school!!! There aren't too many 6'3 guys around PERIOD little less a 6'3 Asian guy LOL. He constantly complained about the hottest Asian chicks hooking up with white guys. He dated mostly average-looking white girls in high school and eventually ended up with some Plain Jane Asian chick. 6'3 + Ivy League + six figure salary should equal "hot babe" for any guy, but it's apparently pretty tough if you're Asian. I didn't believe him until he pointed out all of the Asian chicks in our class who had eyelid surgery so they could be more appealing to white guys.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM

31,938 posts, read 34,454,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
.. Asian women love white men because they are advertised as the rulers of America.. they want to be w/ that .. it's all about climbing the status ladder for a lot of them. they want to have that image...
If I were a white guy, I wouldn't even bother with white women. I'd go straight to the Asians. I'd be just like Jean-Claude Van Damme in that scene from Kickboxer where he catches the sweet, young, innocent Asian girl with the 0.7 WHR out in a field picking lilacs and daisies. Of course, he has his greased up chest exposed and the girl murmurs: "So big, so powerful, so strong!"

Fast forward to 8:26.

Kickboxer Part 5 (Supreme Version) - YouTube

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,736,145 times
Believing this Asian girl stereotype is racist in itself.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:32 PM

36,636 posts, read 67,229,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Check mate.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Haha.

A friend of mine is Asian, 6'3, an Ivy grad, played HS varsity basketball in the Philadelphia area, and was president of the Senior Class, and he complained about Asian girls going for white guys all the time!

That's worth repeating.

My boy is a 6'3 Asian who attended an Ivy, plays basketball, and was popular in high school!!! There aren't too many 6'3 guys around PERIOD little less a 6'3 Asian guy LOL. He constantly complained about the hottest Asian chicks hooking up with white guys. He dated mostly average-looking white girls in high school and eventually ended up with some Plain Jane Asian chick. 6'3 + Ivy League + six figure salary should equal "hot babe" for any guy, but it's apparently pretty tough if you're Asian. I didn't believe him until he pointed out all of the Asian chicks in our class who had eyelid surgery so they could be more appealing to white guys.
That wanna be white life .. bwahahah, I LOL'd when some of my asian friends told me about that one .. the eyelid fold ... oh man.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 PM

161 posts, read 384,320 times
As a gay black guy, I have to say you are wrong! Gay black men are the least desired partners among gay men, often irrespective of perceived attractiveness and/or socioecomic stature:

Black gay men are least desired sexual partners claims study authors | Shankbone

Yes, the gay community's "racial hierarchy" is just like its straight counterparts--white is the epitome of desirability. Furthermore, many gay black men allege that they feel unwelcome in predominately white gay spaces, and Castro is no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, they are like magnets to women and gay men--like everywhere. As a gay man, whether I like it or not(LOL), I am privy to female conversations all the time and trust me, Black men have lots of female fans out there.

Which is why Im not understanding the complaints about finding a date?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It's soo true though... If you get to know some that will 'keep it real' w/ you, you'll learn a lot. I was shocked myself.. A lot have these 'issues' but they have that something else too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland