Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 PM

506 posts, read 1,151,910 times

Advertisements

So after TON of research, including months of back and forth with various rental places, I spent today and yesterday filling out forms, making calls, and making payments. I'm approved! Moving in a few weeks! It can be done from out of state.

Very exciting, though wow. This is one crazy expensive apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,038,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isebiel View Post
So after TON of research, including months of back and forth with various rental places, I spent today and yesterday filling out forms, making calls, and making payments. I'm approved! Moving in a few weeks! It can be done from out of state.

Very exciting, though wow. This is one crazy expensive apartment.
They all are in S.F. My sister's 1 bedroom is 1,800 a month, and that's with rent control. Although, it's about two blocks from ATT park, pretty nice location...

Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 AM

495 posts, read 1,828,775 times
Congratulations. Enjoy your new adventure! Just be sure not to live in SF for too long paying those high rents. It will eat up your income. Plan ahead for your future and plan carefully. Have fun in the City, but SAVE your $$$$.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM

In hindsight, it was presumptious of me Isebiel to make assumptions and share opinions about the future and cost of living. My apologies. My comments had good intentions nonetheless. It's better to be present anyway. I wish you much happiness in your new diggs.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Thanks!

No problem, redwoodlvr, I completely agree. I didn't get to where I can afford this crazy move by wasting money. It's a short lease, and if this specific unit isn't adding in productivity what it's costing me, I'll move. Should be a lot easier to check out the City and the Bay Area in general once I'm not looking from 2,000 miles away!

It is, at least, a fancy, gorgeous apartment in the exact location I wanted, so while I'm being totally ripped off at least I like what I'm getting.

And, oops! I meant to thank everyone in my first post! You guys have all been super helpful. I would never have been able to figure out which neighborhoods to investigate or felt confident in my decision without all your advice. THANK YOU!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,086,443 times
How much are you paying? You can find good deals if you look around.. I pay $1450 for an awesome 1-bedroom, but that's in San Jose and good luck in this area without a car and a lot of time on your hands to get through the crowds. The construction on Almaden doesn't help.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

It is, at least, a fancy, gorgeous apartment in the exact location I wanted, so while I'm being totally ripped off at least I like what I'm getting.

hahaa! isn't that the truth? i like the way you think, lol.

very best wishes!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM

Spent the day packing. One of many, of course.

Had fun cackling as I discarded my specialized running clothes for temperatures over 80F and below 20F. And the heavy winter coats went a few days ago. Hahahaha!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,041,715 times
Quote:
And the heavy winter coats went a few days ago. Hahahaha!
I often wore overcoat (ankle length) whenever we were in SF. The temperature can change from one block to another. You may find the need for a topcoat or overcoat living in SF. In fact, my first full length cashmere overcoat was bought in SF 15 years ago. There were many SF autumns and winters when I needed that coat, hat, scarf, and gloves when we were outside.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,044,398 times
Based on my experience moving from Chicago to the Bay Area, 55 degrees in January will feel quite balmy at first but eventually you'll weaken and it will feel really cold and clammy, especially when it's still around 55 in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland