Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,241,347 times

Advertisements

Deep East Oakland. There's absolutely no reason to ever be over there anyway though since it's all residential.

Parts of West Oakland and Northeast Oakland near the Emeryville/Berkeley border aren't particularly safe either, but again they are residential and it's unlikely you'd be there unless you got really, really lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,694,532 times
This thread again?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,211,766 times
Yup it's back, unfortunately. I now feel obligated to mention that SF just had a quintuple murder stemming from a robbery/home burglary. I don't know if Oakland has ever had one of those...at least not within the past decade (it's not like I was paying close attention to crime news before then).

point is, as always: extremely horrible stuff happens everywhere, not just Oakland.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 PM

58 posts, read 250,920 times
Oakland is a garbage city and the disrespectful, and aggressive citizens of it are to blame. It is a please where reactionary thug culture losers get together to commit crime. I try to never go there under any circumstances. Most laughable are the Oakland apologists who talk about the nice parts of town. Hope you don't end up a statistic.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,211,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDipNStein View Post
Oakland is a garbage city and the disrespectful, and aggressive citizens of it are to blame. It is a please where reactionary thug culture losers get together to commit crime. I try to never go there under any circumstances. Most laughable are the Oakland apologists who talk about the nice parts of town. Hope you don't end up a statistic.
A troll, or just insanely ignorant? Either way, I'm glad you stay out, we don't have much use for idiots around here.

And by your logic, no one should ever go anywhere. Crime is everywhere, genius. Grow a pair.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDipNStein View Post
Oh that reminds me, I have a liquor store to knock over later. Guess my Outlook calendar isn't syncing properly.

I suppose it's laughable that I feel perfectly safe walking around my area at night. Yeah man, places like Rockridge, Lake Merritt, and Temescal are so much more dangerous than Mission, Hunters Point, and the Tenderloin. Not that you would know of any of these places since you probably don't even live in California, let alone the Bay Area.

I love how this shining jewel of colossal ignorance won't even claim a town on their profile. I wonder if this is Mr.Fantastic's new account?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,241,347 times
Well, it does have Dr. in the user handle, and we all know he had a PhD

Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,820,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Yup it's back, unfortunately. I now feel obligated to mention that SF just had a quintuple murder stemming from a robbery/home burglary. I don't know if Oakland has ever had one of those...at least not within the past decade
May 2009, four Oakland cops murdered by one man.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM

314 posts, read 483,838 times
You can't use qauntative analysis in examining if a city is violent or dangerous. First of all those are subjective criteria. Secondly, You pick and choose incidents without understanding how the ciuty is in general or make assumptions that the whole city is violent. As other posters have said, some neighborhoods are not very safe and avoid them if you can, but as for the whole city being violent...not so much.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM

36,641 posts, read 67,257,397 times
Meanwhile the biggest problem I have is picking a restaurant for lunch. Life is tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland