Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,124,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
How do you guys manage to feel SF is "magical"??... I HATED it since day one I visited 15 years ago. I find South Bay to be "kind of tolerable", but SF... I hate it, it's a horrible city with horrible vibes, each time I'm there I feel I'm in some kind of sick dream--a panhandler, yuppie, hipster wannabe (NOT artist) and troll-looking crackhead's paradise, where said characters are packed like canned sardines. Like someone had put it when he visited SF: "the place looks like it had been nuked before". I do feel LA is kind of magical.... huh?
It's changed a lot since then ..... the crack epidemic really brought the city low, but it's much nicer now.

__________________________________________________ ______

"We're crazy about this city. First time we came here, we walked the streets all day, all over town and nobody hassled us. People smiled, friendly-like, and we knew we could live here. We'd like to keep our place in Greenwich Village and have an apartment here, God and the Immigration Service willing. Los Angeles? That's just a big parking lot where you buy a hamburger for the trip to San Francisco." - John Lennon

Last edited by Woof; 12-11-2011 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,941,883 times
Smug Fake-crisco, that's how I call it! :

Old 12-11-2011, 11:15 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,836,438 times
you're so full of yourself.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,643,913 times
Quote:
How do you guys manage to feel SF is "magical"??... I HATED it since day one I visited 15 years ago. I find South Bay to be "kind of tolerable", but SF... I hate it, it's a horrible city with horrible vibes, each time I'm there I feel I'm in some kind of sick dream--a panhandler, yuppie, hipster wannabe (NOT artist) and troll-looking crackhead's paradise, where said characters are packed like canned sardines. Like someone had put it when he visited SF: "the place looks like it had been nuked before". I do feel LA is kind of magical.... huh?
this could only be an individual that hasn't seen much of the world.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:55 AM

296 posts, read 612,823 times
or much of San Francisco

Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
this could only be an individual that hasn't seen much of the world.
I've seen more of the world that you'd ever see (you sound like someone from provincial parts of CA--hint: where the ladies are big), and I grew up in Europe, moving from large city to another, later lived in NYC, LA and other large US cities. I also had been to every state of the US and lived in smaller towns. As to seeing "much of San Francisco"--I tried over and over, during the course of 15 years to drop in and see more... sorry, the disgust of that place is so strong I can't tolerate even being there for more than a couple of hours. Not much to see, boring uniform nothingness.

San Francisco is the most DISGUSTING place I ever been to. I felt it from day 1. People there look like they're result of some medical experiment gone wrong, ugly and unhealthy, weak-looking. Nasty, soulless, shallow, smug people as well plus aggressive panhandlers who know police won't bother to stop them whatever they do. Crime. Ugly architecture, lack of greens. People who dress like identical clones. Cookie-cutter, boring appearance of streets. Greedy hollow-eyed yuppies. No middle class. Druggies, junkies. Wannabe little hipsters who try hard cause they're in the Crisco now. Good luck, residents--your mayors think you should finance the street junkies via "social services", while said junkies look down at you as "slaves of society" and feel entitled to the handout.

Anyone who likes SF havn't seen much of the world ideed; SF is a nasty little provincial town that has no importance outside North Cal.... while smug, proviincial residents think they live in the world capital, oh yeah. There's no arts in that city (artistic community had been driven out by yuppies long ago) Worst place in the US. Now, South Bay can be so-so ok, at least tolerable if one has to be in the Bay due to work--it's not a fun place to be either, but at least not as ugly as SF. I really hope SF will be off the face of earth after earthquake--by the way, there'll be no water there, their emergency supply is flawed. This non-sustainable city should not exist. Hetch Hetchy should be returned to natural state. Someone else had put it differently: "There's something wrong about that city... weird, cold vibe. Something is wrong"... anyway they say it's going to be Hayward fault and it's 20% chance in the next 2 years.

Last edited by alexxiz; 12-12-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 AM

man you're toxic.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
man you're toxic.
Try harder, may be you at least come up with one entertaining post? No such hope

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Try harder, may be you at least come up with one entertaining post? No such hope
I'm not interested in or concerned with being entertaining.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I'm not interested in or concerned with being entertaining.
Neither I have any concern of being fake, sweet or lie to please the residents of SF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland