Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 03:49 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,530,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
You wouldn't know it, cause you don't know any other languages... may be you should finish that community college class you failed and find out?
What course taught you how to conjugate "despeak"? Esperanto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 03:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,939,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
What course taught you how to conjugate "despeak"? Esperanto?
Experience with illiterate rednecks living here can teach one to comprehend this and more, like all your writings, since you use words like "despeakadly"

Last edited by alexxiz; 12-14-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,831,302 times
This thread has gotten rather sick and gross.
I know that sparring can be fun and i've engaged in it too but encouraging someone like this (who is so mentally unstable and troubled and disturbed) is probably not the most helpful (to her) thing to do.
Arguing with someone who is clearly extremely imbalanced is absurd.
What's the point?
It's not informative and it's not creative and it's just feeding her (and our own) baser nature.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 PM

705 posts, read 459,111 times
Threads like this always get ugly and nasty, but the greater question is why do people from certain cities get this attitude that they live in a perfect place? Sure, you can love where you live and be proud of your city, but don't act like it's perfect in the sense there is no reason to go anywhere else, or that nowhere else could even compare to your city in any way.

Negatives of SF: very high crime and a very high homeless population for its size; filthy dirty streets, lack of green spaces, very high-priced, sits on a earthquake epicenter zone, lack of diversity (i.e., seems everyone thinks the same: provincial, far-left snobs, which is not at all the case in NYC), very run-down housing for the everyday Joe as well as architecture (except restored Victorian homes), dangerous for pedestrians, etc.

Positives: quirky attitude, pretty views around the city, some interesting food joints, etc, the eerie fog and the maze of hills (perhaps a little charm to that)

I lived in Sydney, Australia for two years and thought it was very overrated, and, imho, it is not nearly as beautiful as they say it is.

Last edited by FrancaisDeutsch; 12-20-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,491,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancaisDeutsch View Post
Threads like this always get ugly and nasty, but the greater question is why do people from certain cities get this attitude that they live in a perfect place? Sure, you can love where you live and be proud of your city, but don't act like it's perfect in the sense there is no reason to go anywhere else, or that nowhere else could even compare to your city in any way.

Negatives of SF: very high crime and a very high homeless population for its size; filthy dirty streets, lack of green spaces, very high-priced, sits on a earthquake epicenter zone, lack of diversity (i.e., seems everyone thinks the same: provincial, far-left snobs, which is not at all the case in NYC), very run-down housing for the everyday Joe as well as architecture (except restored Victorian homes), dangerous for pedestrians, etc.

Positives: quirky attitude, pretty views around the city, some interesting food joints, etc, the eerie fog and the maze of hills (perhaps a little charm to that)

I lived in Sydney, Australia for two years and thought it was very overrated, and, imho, it is not nearly as beautiful as they say it is.
Thanks for this

Old 12-21-2011, 03:50 PM

705 posts, read 459,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Thanks for this
You are most welcome. Just trying to be a bit more fair and objective while attempting to see the forest for the lack of all those SF trees.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:05 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,110,778 times
The trees in SF are weird and knobby, like they got them from another star system at discount rates.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 PM

258 posts, read 612,830 times
The city, SF, is owned managed by middle aged gay white men and 60+ Lesbian " manly " women. Liberal thinking is so high, it's like anything goes, no rules ... A lot of kinky sexual activities happen every day, downtown, in mega/super rich high rise Condos occupied by anything goes gay men and lesbian women ....

I know a well known and famous " straight " Actor who has free for all parties, and nudity is highly encouraged.

Heterosexual men and beautiful feminine women who want to feel and look like a woman is almost non existent.

Frankly, I think it's extreme dominating free thinking, unless you're gay, then you fit in ... if you will.

Peace

Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,491,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
The city, SF, is owned managed by middle aged gay white men and 60+ Lesbian " manly " women. Liberal thinking is so high, it's like anything goes, no rules ... A lot of kinky sexual activities happen every day, downtown, in mega/super rich high rise Condos occupied by anything goes gay men and lesbian women ....

I know a well known and famous " straight " Actor who has free for all parties, and nudity is highly encouraged.

Heterosexual men and beautiful feminine women who want to feel and look like a woman is almost non existent.

Frankly, I think it's extreme dominating free thinking, unless you're gay, then you fit in ... if you will.

Peace

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,087,100 times
I think SF is a very overrated city to launch a career in unless living in poverty is your style. I know someone who took a job that pays $32k a year before taxes in SF and they have to live with four other people in the tenderloin.

Watching all your money go towards rent, taxes and food must be a highly rated experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland