Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:24 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,697,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
I like the intricate things in life like taking the kids out the lake or raking the leaves off my yard early in the morning. That's all I'm saying.
Are there lakes in Fresno? Do the gangbangers do you raking for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:53 AM

1,099 posts, read 895,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Are there lakes in Fresno? Do the gangbangers do you raking for you?
How many of these 5 year old threads are you go to revive? And what's the likelihood that the poster is still around to answer your question?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:40 PM

14 posts, read 15,290 times
S.F. is nice to visit, but I couldn't be paid to live there personally. From the ground, it loses its shimmer pretty quickly and I'm amazed to see how much of it looks utterly dilapidated despite the fact that S.F. has one of the hottest economies in the world right now (although it is in the early stages of stagnation as start up activity cools and tech grows faster in other cheaper places such as Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, Raleigh, Denver, etc.). I'm pretty repulsed by the rampant homelessness and open-air drug use as well. Not to mention the fact that it's obscenely expensive both to own and rent.

IMO, Seattle, Portland, D.C., Boston, Chicago, and San Jose are much better cities.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:19 PM

23,297 posts, read 23,675,512 times
Great city, generally. But the bad sides are well known: high cost of living, dirty streets, homeless problem and it seems that lately, crime is increasing. Surprised at how filthy Downtown SF is, compared to such places as Denver, Chicago or Minneapolis.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:18 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,008,429 times
SF is a gem of a city - but deeply flawed with its dirty streets, homelessness, and inequities. It should be (much) better.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:56 PM

261 posts, read 264,426 times
SF is a world class city that's unique and holds its own with any city in the world. one of the greatest cities on the planets. ur tripping dude

Old 09-13-2016, 04:04 PM

505 posts, read 366,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspoon91 View Post
SF is a world class city that's unique and holds its own with any city in the world. one of the greatest cities on the planets. ur tripping dude
*snort*

Maybe from a visiter's POV, but from a native such as myself...

Yeah, not so much.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:54 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,862,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
*snort*

Maybe from a visiter's POV, but from a native such as myself...

Yeah, not so much.
We're all open to our own opinions, and not all natives agree with you.

That said, I'd say SF 2016 is overrated for a newcomer (mostly due to it being overpriced). Unfortunately. That doesn't mean that it still isn't an awesome place, though.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:51 PM

318 posts, read 335,525 times
---saw this on the news last night, but seems like city-data has been talking about it for years already, found a few articles for those interested.

1. Complaints of syringes and feces rise dramatically in SF

Complaints of syringes and feces rise dramatically in SF - SFGate

2. City Report Finds Human Feces, Hypodermic Needles On The Rise Across SF

City Report Finds Human Feces, Hypodermic Needles On The Rise Across SF | Hoodline

3. Discovery of Needles and Human Feces Rise in San Francisco, Amount of Trash Decreases: Report

Discovery of Needles and Human Feces Rise in San Francisco, Amount of Trash Decreases: Report | NBC Bay Area

Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM

1,318 posts, read 3,544,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
We're all open to our own opinions, and not all natives agree with you.

That said, I'd say SF 2016 is overrated for a newcomer (mostly due to it being overpriced). Unfortunately. That doesn't mean that it still isn't an awesome place, though.
Seems like it has been hyped up so much that natives are annoyed people move there because of the hype, drive up rents, and then rant about how bad it is right before moving out. If people had a more realistic perception of it they wouldn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland