Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM

881 posts, read 1,813,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoSF View Post
All of these apartments that I'm looking at in the SOMA/South Beach/Mission Bay area seem to be >$2,000. I looked on Craigslist and a few other management companies. The only complex with studios for under $2,000 is Bayside Village.

Any other ideas on where to look? I hope to fly out there next week, get a hotel room for 2-3 days and look at a bunch of places. Help me out.
Spend the money on staying at a furnished apartment for the first month, and go find a place yourself, instead of expecting other people to do your work for you.

Since you seem incapable of doing the most basic of research, here are the steps:
1. go to Google in a web browser..any will do...unless you need some one to launch it for you.
2.type "corporate furnished apartment San Francisco" .. without the quotes

Oh, if you want help, try not insulting people (and entire races). And try saying please and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,822,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post

Since you seem incapable of doing the most basic of research, here are the steps:
1. go to Google in a web browser..any will do...unless you need some one to launch it for you.
Thought this link might be helpful.
Let me google that for you

Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,693,669 times
Quote:
All of these apartments that I'm looking at in the SOMA/South Beach/Mission Bay area seem to be >$2,000. I looked on Craigslist and a few other management companies. The only complex with studios for under $2,000 is Bayside Village.

Any other ideas on where to look? I hope to fly out there next week, get a hotel room for 2-3 days and look at a bunch of places. Help me out.
Did you miss the part where we said SF is expensive and the rental market is booming now?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 AM

218 posts, read 483,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
Spend the money on staying at a furnished apartment for the first month, and go find a place yourself, instead of expecting other people to do your work for you.

Oh, if you want help, try not insulting people (and entire races). And try saying please and thank you.
I'll do some research on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Did you miss the part where we said SF is expensive and the rental market is booming now?
Dude, I pay $1,600 for a Studio in Manhattan. I thought that's the MAX I would have to pay in SF. Guess not.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I'll do some research on this.

Dude, I pay $1,600 for a Studio in Manhattan. I thought that's the MAX I would have to pay in SF. Guess not.
LOL. There are studios in downtown Oakland that cost more than that.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM

3,721 posts, read 14,708,847 times
Quote:
I hope to fly out there next week
Don't expect Jade to greet you at the airport!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL. There are studios in downtown Oakland that cost more than that.
Aren't there moderately-priced buildings with just an elevator,laundry etc i.e. the basics? Even a walk-up will do.

I don't need the amenities that every place seems to have i.e. pool, gym etc I'm going to either be at work or partying in the clubs. The apartment is just a place for me to crash. The only thing that matters is location.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Aren't there moderately-priced buildings with just an elevator,laundry etc i.e. the basics? Even a walk-up will do.

I don't need the amenities that every place seems to have i.e. pool, gym etc I'm going to either be at work or partying in the clubs. The apartment is just a place for me to crash. The only thing that matters is location.
Not near the train. Most of the buildings there are super new -- and the virtually the only new buildings in SF. It is basically a new neighborhood. There is price inflation since there are lots of well paid tech workers with high salaries who are happy to pay the price for a new building. You'll need to look further out from the train station. Your combo of criteria makes it very difficult to find something cheaper.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
don't expect jade to greet you at the airport!
lol!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Not near the train. Most of the buildings there are super new -- and the virtually the only new buildings in SF. It is basically a new neighborhood. There is price inflation since there are lots of well paid tech workers with high salaries who are happy to pay the price for a new building. You'll need to look further out from the train station. Your combo of criteria makes it very difficult to find something cheaper.
I'm willing to walk 10-15 mins to the station. You think this Bayside Village is a good option at $1,900? There's a light rail from there that stops at the CalTrain depot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland