Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM

60 posts, read 59,011 times

Advertisements

For some reason Whites are very protective over Asians and defend their anti black racist behavior. My theory is based around their fetishistic lust of Asian women. In Sf you'll see just as many White males dating Asian women as Asian Males Dating Asian women , Don't try the well it's because they are the two dominant group excuse either, because if that were the case you'd see just as many Asian males dating White women which is rare. Whites like to compare Asian immigrant success to Blacks as if Asians have had the exact same history as American Blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwalton View Post

Okay, so by that same token black people need to run to the other side of the street when we see white people, right? I mean a lot of whites are racist and some have been violently racist since the start of US history.

Since whites are the majority and control a lot of power it would be unreasonable. However, since blacks are a minority and still relatively powerless in comparison it's okay to judge us all based on the actions of some that are bad.

I'm just going to start walking around stepping back when whites come near me. After all, I would be doing it for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informers View Post
For some reason Whites are very protective over Asians and defend their anti black racist behavior. My theory is based around their fetishistic lust of Asian women. In Sf you'll see just as many White males dating Asian women as Asian Males Dating Asian women , Don't try the well it's because they are the two dominant group excuse either, because if that were the case you'd see just as many Asian males dating White women which is rare. Whites like to compare Asian immigrant success to Blacks as if Asians have had the exact same history as American Blacks.
I knew it, the whities forced themselves on asian women ... damn asiaphiles!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I knew it, the whities forced themselves on asian women ... damn asiaphiles!
Asiaphiles & Self Hating Asian women is what you see.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:45 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informers View Post
Asiaphiles & Self Hating Asian women is what you see.

All non-white Americans are self-hating to a degree... that's the nature of the country we live in.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:57 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover View Post
I was born and raised in New York and I just wanted to share my thoughts on the city as discussed by the users here. I am not ranting, I cam going to simply give my opinions on the city from a fresh perspective as a New Yorker. I will put this in bullet points and there is no rhyme or reason to the structure.

1. There is no diversity here. Gays, whites, and Chinese with a sprinkle of Hispanics and Blacks in the outer areas is not diversity IMHO.

2. People are soft here. There is no sense of "toughness" and "strength" as I look into people's eyes in a BART train. I don't see a fiery communal passion as New Yorkers have. It seems everyone is a displant from somewhere else and I don't see or feel a sense of pride other than Asian pride, Tech pride and Gay pride (no knock on them, I participate in them myself)

3. Oakland police have to be the most corrupt I've ever seen. I live in San leandro and Oakland police seem like they could care less. You have prostitutes on International Blvd doing whatever they want and I've seen police just cruise by. In New York, police take action, and you don't see such negligence in even the worst parts of the city.

4. I like the tech scene here, its fine.

5. The BART pay by distance fees are terrible. The BART is a more disgusting train I've ever seen.

6. SF rents are OK compared to the overpriced NY rents.

7. There is no "heart" here other than Asian pride, tech pride, and gay pride. Where the hell are the Trinidad restaurants? Puerto Rican barber shops? West African cuisine? This is not an international city, it is a domestic US city with domestic US values.

Discuss
You sound like the New Yorkers who move to Florida... why the hell move out of New York is all you do is complain... Sorry I've just come across many like you, it doesn't matter where in the world they move too lol.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:19 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Here's my take on all this. I've lived on the east coast, the south and the west coast. As for the est coast toughness it's a acquired and required thing. You have to constantly watch your back and be on alert for anything. Because people will walk over you if you let them.. (I do miss the food)

In the South it's slowwwwww most everything down or over there has a racial tone to it.

As for the West.. You just have to be aware but if you make enough money you can live a basic stress free life. The weather is great, fresh fruit and you can fly basically anywhere else you may want to go to. For those comparing the bay area to NY just the lack of snow is a big plus for the bay area.. I'm sure you remember what that stuff is..

One more thing all that toughness and life drama is fun until you reach a certain age and then most people want no part of it.. Acting tough and acting it out only gets you court cost and the potential of room and board for a few years or months.

As far a people and the different races go thank God there are more good people as a whole than bad..

Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover View Post
I was born and raised in New York and I just wanted to share my thoughts on the city as discussed by the users here. I am not ranting, I cam going to simply give my opinions on the city from a fresh perspective as a New Yorker. I will put this in bullet points and there is no rhyme or reason to the structure.

1. There is no diversity here. Gays, whites, and Chinese with a sprinkle of Hispanics and Blacks in the outer areas is not diversity IMHO.

2. People are soft here. There is no sense of "toughness" and "strength" as I look into people's eyes in a BART train. I don't see a fiery communal passion as New Yorkers have. It seems everyone is a displant from somewhere else and I don't see or feel a sense of pride other than Asian pride, Tech pride and Gay pride (no knock on them, I participate in them myself)

3. Oakland police have to be the most corrupt I've ever seen. I live in San leandro and Oakland police seem like they could care less. You have prostitutes on International Blvd doing whatever they want and I've seen police just cruise by. In New York, police take action, and you don't see such negligence in even the worst parts of the city.

4. I like the tech scene here, its fine.

5. The BART pay by distance fees are terrible. The BART is a more disgusting train I've ever seen.

6. SF rents are OK compared to the overpriced NY rents.

7. There is no "heart" here other than Asian pride, tech pride, and gay pride. Where the hell are the Trinidad restaurants? Puerto Rican barber shops? West African cuisine? This is not an international city, it is a domestic US city with domestic US values.

Discuss
I notice about New Yorkers that 1) It's important to them that everyone know they're a new Yorker; 2) They think that everyplace else must be like New York; and 3) 1 and 2 are an indication that Nyers generally have a false sense of superiority which blinds them and limits their ability to appreciate the differences that other parts of the country offer.

I'm from the Midwest and I was neutral to both coasts before living in both. I found NY to be an utter hell hole. Hurrying and worrying are not the same as strength. People packed in like sardines, pretending to be tough, resilient, and all-knowing, only to run and scream like country bumpkins when the Trade Towers were hit. NYers live and die like everyone else. The city makes them adjust to it, forcing them to contend with a daily battle of hustle and bustle that does not create a superior being. Being able to endure a tremendous amount of stress and aggravation does not make one superior, only foolish. It doesn't make one "tough", only shortens the life span and significantly increases the risk for a stroke or heart attack. The high quality of life is apparently what you can't relate to here, as you attempt to read the faces of the people you encounter and don't have a clue about.

I overwhelmingly prefer SF and the entire bay area over NY. I find myself very comfortable here, among people who are among the highest educated in the country. I have met more people who are comfortable with themselves here than when I lived on the east coast. The stress level is infinitely better. There are plenty of NYers here too who prefer it here over anyplace in the world.

SF and the bay area is a great place to live if you have enough education, enough intelligence and versatility, and a desire not to wake up gargling with rocks in your mouth like NYers have to do.

Interesting comments but I generally don't agree with your assessment. To appreciate this area, try to forget about NY, and certaily forget about bringing NY here.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 PM

329 posts, read 1,028,855 times
I just find it humorous that people are trying to make NYC sound like it's a racially diverse paradise. Hasn't NYC even become more yuppified, more white collar, and more affluent/unaffordable than the Bay Area? Aren't the boroughs largely divided up by race too?

Gimme a fvckin' break.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM

329 posts, read 1,028,855 times
And does "tough" constitute as being some swarthy guido from Staten Island? I'll take tree huggers any day than be around such Mob Wives inspired trash.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
All non-white Americans are self-hating to a degree... that's the nature of the country we live in.
I strongly Disagree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland