Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:25 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I'm a rain person.... wish it was more.

And I really miss THUNDERSTORMS.....
+1, I'm with you. It could rain the majority of the year and I wouldn't complain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
It really hasn't rained that much this year. You all are a bunch of light weights!
haha exactly. I remember growing up here when it would 1. rain a lot harder than it does now and 2. sometimes go on for ever. I mean, I remember having two weekends in a row being rained out and it would rain 80 percent of the time for almost two weeks. Things just aren't the same now.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 PM

506 posts, read 1,151,826 times
When I go out and run in the rain, it's like the park is ALL MINE. Well, mine except for the one miserable looking dog walker, and a bunch of wet dogs.

It really is funny how no one goes out in the rain. In IL people barely paid attention to imminent tornadoes. If you put off stuff for bad weather you'd never get anything done.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:01 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,510,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl2009 View Post
I know I shouldn't be complaining because we had a dry winter and need the rain. But I can't help but wonder if this spring will be like last spring when it rained all the way until June! (basically winter instead of spring and then staight into summer fog ). What do you all think?
It's not like there is much to look forward to after the rain ends! The rain will end and the fog will start... And it will be same old cold gloomy SF weather!

Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwalton View Post
I want my sunny and pretty California spring season.
Are you dreaming? SF has no seasons.... It's either rain or fog! In my opinion NorCal coast has some of the most depressing weather in US and no amount scenery will make up for the sucky weather.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:09 PM

622 posts, read 1,143,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Are you dreaming? SF has no seasons.... It's either rain or fog! In my opinion NorCal coast has some of the most depressing weather in US and no amount scenery will make up for the sucky weather.
Are you an ass? (I'm not in the mood for randomly rude people online, so cut it out.)

Clearly, you've not spent anytime going out to gardens and parks when the weather is nice. The flowers and blooms can be lovely. Nothing compared to the likes of cherry blossoms in Japan or Korea, but it's nice.

I have and I was looking forward to the launch of a nice spring. I'm not getting it, but the last couple of years has just been crap weather all around.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I have and I was looking forward to the launch of a nice spring. I'm not getting it, but the last couple of years has just been crap weather all around.
No it's not just last two years... The weather here was crappy always and always will be.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:32 AM

622 posts, read 1,143,352 times
Quote:
No it's not just last two years... The weather here was crappy always and always will be.
I'm not talking about the weather here. I've not been here except for two months in the spring of 2009. I've been in NYC. Before that I was abroad.

However, okay. For you, the weather sucks as much as your attitude and way of talking to people seems to suck.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,221,207 times
Quote:
Ah, but you'll note the poster asked for their sunny "California" season, not the "North Coast" season. For all you know, they could be living in Walnut Creek or San Jose, where it's sunny 300 days a year. You only get sun ten days a year. And even then, I'm not sure you enjoy it.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,221,207 times
Quote:
It what last year?!!! I just moved back to the Bay Area in September after being away for around 10 years (I don't count two months in spring of 2009 because the weather was pretty great!)

Yeah, this is getting on my nerves. Had I known this I would have considered Seattle a bit more seriously. It doesn't seem like there is much difference.

[I'm whining, so let me be. (Saying that to head off the know-it-all fact-whores who will rush in to point out how the Bay Area is completely different from Seattle.])]

I'm okay with a day or so of rain if it's balanced then by beautiful and clear skies, so the consolation prize here (if the Weather.com prediction stands up) is we'll have sun for a couple of days after.

What got me when it first started was it was a week of rain!
This doesn't even make sense. If you moved back (from Seattle?) in September, then you would have noticed a huge difference between Seattle and the Bay Area. Since July 1, Seattle's had about 30 inches of rain, while the Bay Area's had about 10 (well, 12.5 in SF and 5 in San Jose). Seattle's never been as dry as we have this season. It basically didn't rain from July 1 until mid-February, and it's really only been raining the past few weeks, with sunny days in between. The little rain we've had in the Bay Area this season would actually be below average for Southern California. So you're basically arguing that drier than an average Southern California rainy season is so intolerable that you might as well live in famously rainy Seattle? Yes, you are definitely whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland