Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:05 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,302 times

Advertisements

I knew there was a term for your kind!

Troll Caller

Calling somebody a Troll in an online community to suppress criticism, rather than be perceived as a failure, to look and sound stupid, uninformed or unintelligent.
Instead of handling criticism, they became Troll Callers.

Urban Dictionary: Troll Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Hey troll caller, please show me my 285 anti Oakland post again. It's great that you chose to ignore it.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king georges View Post
Ignore it? No, I just think you're a fool who doesn't get sarcasm.
Nobody saw that as sarcasm. If that was your intent then you have used it incorrectly. You have nothing to backup your ridiculous claim and now you are backpedaling. Nice job.

Again show me my 285 anti post why don't you? Heck, show me just 50 of them, if you are indeed being sarcastic. Troll caller.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Nobody, so you speak for everybody? You can't stand on a leg of your own, you're the type of clown that gets confused if somebody say's, "I haven't heard from her in a minute". You think it's literally a minute. Back Peddling as if this is that big of a deal. LOL Look I can do it too

By he way troll you have damn near 50 posts in this thread alone trashing Oakland and the area of the stadium.
I even did you a favor and only asked for 50 anti posts since you now claim it was sarcasm. Well? Go ahead, troll caller.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
50 in this thread easy troll.
Forget it. Obviously you can't supply the evidence. All you do is call people troll. You live in some fantasy world with no facts. It's troll this troll that. You've been banned 7 times already and that says a lot about who you are. But in any case, I don't even care. Total waste of time. Keep up with your troll calling crusade, little buddy.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 PM

388 posts, read 1,016,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
The Eastmont Mall area is included in the 60's-100's, and the Havenscourt area is actually surprisingly okay. Same with the Durant Manor neighborhood (100's) and some pocket streets off of 73rd. The worst parts of the Deep East are below San Leandro Street (Brookfield Village, SB, etc.) and on/around Bancroft and International.

HP is generally considered to be anything South/East of Ingalls Street. Double Rock (adjacent to Candlestick) is definitely in HP so I don't see how Candlestick is in Bayview.

And some of the projects in HP look fairly new and livable... good luck convincing any of the residents of that. How an area looks and how it is are two different things. I 100% disagree though that the "majority" of East Oakland is in bad condition though... it's more like the opposite. Even when only looking at East Oakland below MacArthur Blvd, much of the area is actually very well maintained.

Maxwell Park
Bella Vista
Highland Park
Ivy Hill
Lynn
Lower Dimond
Lower Laurel
Tuxedo
Reservoir Hills
Bartlett
Durant Manor
Frick (west of Seminary)
Allendale (East of 38th)

East Oakland is not the giant ghetto that the media likes to paint it as. If anything, it's the most diverse part of Oakland in all senses of the word (racially, socioeconomically, etc).
Im not debating you on this. I am not familiar enough with East Oakland. BUT, I have driven through the whole mission/e14/international starting from Fremont and ending in downtown Oakland. I don't know specifically what neighborhoods you mentioned that international runs through but id guess most of them since it cut through the whole EO. And I can easily say that nothing off 3rd st in HP/BV is as bad as some of International.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:04 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0'Farrell View Post
Im not debating you on this. I am not familiar enough with East Oakland. BUT, I have driven through the whole mission/e14/international starting from Fremont and ending in downtown Oakland. I don't know specifically what neighborhoods you mentioned that international runs through but id guess most of them since it cut through the whole EO. And I can easily say that nothing off 3rd st in HP/BV is as bad as some of International.

None of the neighborhoods I mentioned run up against International... they're all between MacArthur and Foothill Blvd. Generally speaking, when talking about the area between Park Blvd and Seminary there's a very large difference between living above and below Foothill. The only exception to this is the area between 14th Ave and Fruitvale, in which case it's preferable to live above E. 27th. The aforementioned neighborhoods are all very much stable working and middle class. They weren't always like that - particularly not Lower Dimond and Lower Laurel - but the community presence is very strong in all of the above. Below Foothill, you see much more of a breakdown of the community presence.

East of Seminary, (in general) the dividing line moves up to MacArthur Blvd. There are exceptions to that - Havenscourt and Durant Manor being the two most notable - but below MacArthur between Church and 106th is very much the hood. Again, there are some pocket areas around 73rd (Holly between 73rd and 77th, Deerwood) but they're adjacent to very rough areas.

On International, it's definitely not somewhere you want to be at night. That being said, there's a wide range of areas on it. the Fruitvale district (Fruitvale-38th) and the Eastlake District (1st-14th) are very different than the San Antonio area (14th-Fruitvale) and the Melrose area (High Street-55th). International Blvd east of Seminary is an entirely different area in terms of population and feel than west of Seminary. When talking about Oakland, it really only make sense to look at the neighborhood level... the difference the 20 blocks between, say, 35th and 55th makes demographically and otherwise makes it somewhat pointless to generalize. As far as 3rd Street goes, it doesn't feel all too different when you're on 3rd & Palou than when you're on International & 85th... the latter may look worse but the exact same stuff happens on 3rd and you see the exact same type of people hanging around.

Look, I'm not saying that East Oakland doesn't merit at least some of its reputation, but it is a much more complex place than certain other posters here are going to give it credit for.

Last edited by Nineties Flava; 06-01-2012 at 05:12 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM

Looks like that troll caller, king georges finally got banned. Thank goodness.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Looks like that troll caller, king georges finally got banned. Thank goodness.
He was asking for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland