Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

471 posts, read 1,074,862 times

Advertisements

So, we are now relocated and living in Livermore! Yeah!!

My Mom is coming for a visit the first of May and will be here for 2 weeks, through Mother's Day.

So, I want to start planning now and know what my options are for a cool place to take her to a nice Mother's Day brunch ... maybe at a winery ... maybe downtown SF ... I'm looking for all ideas!!

She is middle aged ... around 72, so nothing like parachuting out of a plane or anything!

Thanks bunches! Jules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,992,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
So, we are now relocated and living in Livermore! Yeah!!

My Mom is coming for a visit the first of May and will be here for 2 weeks, through Mother's Day.

So, I want to start planning now and know what my options are for a cool place to take her to a nice Mother's Day brunch ... maybe at a winery ... maybe downtown SF ... I'm looking for all ideas!!

She is middle aged ... around 72, so nothing like parachuting out of a plane or anything!

Thanks bunches! Jules
I've heard that this place is wonderful (but I haven't been...yet!....and it's right near you.)

Wente Vineyards

Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post

Thanks bunches! Jules
Does that also rule out taking her to the nude beach?

It would be way awesome if you could skydive into the nude beach...

If this granny can do it, you can too! (scary vid actually)

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133021n

Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I've heard that this place is wonderful (but I haven't been...yet!....and it's right near you.)

Wente Vineyards
Thanks! I just sent them a note and asked if anything was going on for Mother's Day!

HUGz! Jules

Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Does that also rule out taking her to the nude beach?

It would be way awesome if you could skydive into the nude beach...

If this granny can do it, you can too! (scary vid actually)

Skydiving granny takes wild ride in NASCAR - CBS News Video
Roflmao ... I will never live that question down!

Gonna watch the video now ... But skydiving is not an option for Mom ... or for me! LOL

Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post

Wente Vineyards
I was just going to suggest the same place. Definitely make reservations though.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 PM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
A winery is a long drive from Livermore, for a Mother's Day brunch. If you opt for that, you should definitely make reservations. Mother's Day will be packed at almost any venue.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,992,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A winery is a long drive from Livermore, for a Mother's Day brunch. If you opt for that, you should definitely make reservations. Mother's Day will be packed at almost any venue.
There are over 40 wineries IN Livermore, actually.

http://www.livermorewinemap.com/

Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wente is in Livermore.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 AM

291 posts, read 958,454 times
Now that we know there are wineries in Livermore (over 40 of them!) Wente has a very nice Mothers Day Brunch but it is kind of expensive. Garre is a smaller winery and they also do a Champagne Brunch for Mother day. It is more affordable too.

If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere I suggest a mothers day picnic at Retzlaff Vineyards and Estate Winery
Calendar | Retzlaff Vineyards Livermore, California
Or maybe a luncheon at McGrail: McGrail Vineyards and Winery - Events

If you prefer to be in downtown Livermore check the wine bars like Wine Makers Pour House, Swirl on the Square and Double Barrel for their list of events for Mothers Day. They normally offer a special menu. Uncle Yu's at the Vineyards and Zephyr Grill are my favorite restaurants in downtown and I am sure they will have something special for mothers day. Just give them a call.

Campo De Bocci also offers a nice Mothers day brunch as well and if you or your mom like to play bocci, it is a super fun place. If you prefer golf take her to Poppy Ridge Poppy Ridge Golf » Dining It is an AMAZING place! It can be costly too (probably about the same as Wente).

Have fun planning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland