Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:28 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times

Advertisements

Nice job today A's. If it comes down to a Battle of the Bay, I'd be glad to see the Giants crush you. Pay back for '89.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I actually hope the Giants lose in the 1st round. Can't stand that team/fan base
What exactly is so wrong with the giants and their fan base? Whiny Oakland fans sure do suck. Especially the ones from SJ who want them to move down there and are all butt hurt that they're in Giants territory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 AM

793 posts, read 1,343,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

Since you didn't catch the broadcast, the TBS announcers made a long point about how rabid the A's fans have been for our team this year, and how the home crowd is truly the "10th man" on the field for the team. I don't think I've ever heard national media give A's fans that kind of praise before.
The play by play guy on TBS is Don Orsillo, one of the Red Sox announcers. I like him a lot. He's good, he's funny and his voice isn't grating....On a side note, Dennis Ekersley also works for the Red Sox. I don't know how he keeps up his enthusiasum after all theses years, but he does. He's also kept the same haircut. I like him a lot too, but that "do" has got to go.

Anyway, good luck A's!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Nice job today A's. If it comes down to a Battle of the Bay, I'd be glad to see the Giants crush you. Pay back for '89.

What exactly is so wrong with the giants and their fan base? Whiny Oakland fans sure do suck. Especially the ones from SJ who want them to move down there and are all butt hurt that they're in Giants territory
Lots of bandwagoners and snobs that spend their entire time on their iPad instead of watching the game. Yeah the Giants stadium is beautiful and a nice place to watch the game, but overall A's fans are friendlier and more into watching the game- you sorta have to since the Coliseum doesn't really offer much. A lot of my friends are Giants fans, so not everyone is this way, but since 2010 it's amazing how many people pull for the Giants and act like they are the greatest team ever, when then reality is the A's have been the better franchise overall. I made the decision to root for the A's when I moved to the Bay in 2007 and I've never regretted my decision, despite how bad we were until this season.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:29 AM

793 posts, read 1,343,115 times
You should have seen the band wagoners when Pac Bell (or whatever it's called these days) first opened!

Really pissed me off and made me long for the elbow room at Candlestick.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
I like how you always gloat about this yet probably don't realize the Giants would never have had these "territorial rights" if it weren't the A's helping out that sorry franchise from being shipped to Florida. Of course the Giants being the greedy, classless organization they are today won't return the favor now that the A's are in a similar situation they once were in. What a great ballclub you got there .

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
You guys HAVE to hear this....Korach and Fosse calling the walkoff on A's radio. Ray screams at the top of his lungs and you can hear them high-five each other in the background:
http://podcast.957thegame.com/kbwf5/3694153.MP3

What a game; I'm still speechless.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Anyways, was an incredible game last night at the Coliseum. My friend drove up from LA and we went, he was getting all depressed by the 9th and I told him it ain't over until the very last pitch. With what this team has been doing all season NEVER count them out. Just an amazing end to a win or die game that is so fitting to this season.

It's gonna be tough today with Verlander but momentum is on our side and the pressure is on for Detroit. Lets do this Oakland!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You guys HAVE to hear this....Korach and Fosse calling the walkoff on A's radio. Ray screams at the top of his lungs and you can hear them high-five each other in the background:
http://podcast.957thegame.com/kbwf5/3694153.MP3

What a game; I'm still speechless.
Ha, I've probably listened to this at least a half dozen times since last night! I was setting my DVR from my phone on the way home last night so I could watch the highlights over and over. I can't get enough!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Quote:
Are you insinuating that I'm an Oakland fan? If anything, I am simply an ex-Giants fan, turned away by the disgusting, whitebread, braindead masses of customers they have thumping their chests and grunting throughout the region. They're the people who denied for years that Bonds cheated, and now don't even speak is name. If you don't notice them, you probably fit right in. Small talk around the water cooler should be great at the office tomorrow, huh?

It wasn't until the territorial rights issue that I actually disliked them.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Good night, A's fans....it was nice while it lasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland