Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM

404 posts, read 860,638 times

Advertisements

I have always been curious as to why a Texas State Flag flies in front of city hall next to the California State Flag in Civic Center Plaza? The whole time I lived in San Francisco I would asked this question to many but every time people seem that they didn't know what I was talking about or they were not aware.
To my own acknowledgement I kinda of thought that maybe because both Texas and California use to belong to Mexico, and both states were once their own Republics, not sure as to if this is the reason why.
Would anyone on this board have any idea or the answer to my post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Ahh no. The flag of TX is not flown next to the City Hall in Oakland.

There are sister city flags flown at City Center I believe.

But no Oakland does not have any special fondness for TX.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Ahh no. The flag of TX is not flown next to the City Hall in Oakland.

There are sister city flags flown at City Center I believe.

But no Oakland does not have any special fondness for TX.
It never makes much sense to have two cities on the same forum, but I was talking about the more prestige San Francisco city hall.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Kitty 98 View Post
It never makes much sense to have two cities on the same forum, but I was talking about the more prestige San Francisco city hall.
Never Mind. That is an even more unlikely place. Only Berkeley would be more unlikely.

It ain't a TX flag.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Never Mind. That is an even more unlikely place. Only Berkeley would be more unlikely.

It ain't a TX flag.
There is a Texas State Flag in front of San Francisco City Hall it has been there for over twenty five years or more, I saw it everyday on my way home from work.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Valparaiso, Chile is a sister-city of SF.

Chilean flag

Texas flag

Old 09-29-2012, 12:12 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
There is a Texas State Flag in front of San Francisco City Hall it has been there for over twenty five years or more, I saw it everyday on my way home from work.
A little research does a brain good. Flags in front of most city halls will be the country, state, city (if it has one), and any sister-cities it may have.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Valparaiso, Chile is a sister-city of SF.

Chilean flag

Texas flag
I know what the flag of Chile looks like and I know that the flag is also in that group of flags at city hall, but right next to the California State flag is the State of Texas Flag. no one hear seems to know squat, mainly because they lack observation or don't even know it's there.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
A little research does a brain good. Flags in front of most city halls will be the country, state, city (if it has one), and any sister-cities it may have.
You live in San Jose how often to you walk around the San Francisco City Hall? In San Francisco's City Hall Plaza their are a number of different flags. If you did some research of your own you would discover that next to the California State Flag, a State of Texas Flag flies right next to it, might do your brain some good and broaden your horizon.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM

881 posts, read 2,092,640 times
Quote:
To my own acknowledgement I kinda of thought that maybe because both Texas and California use to belong to Mexico, and both states were once their own Republics, not sure as to if this is the reason why. Would anyone on this board have any idea or the answer to my post?
Hey, someone else noticed! FWIW, I asked that years ago & was told exactly that. Supposedly a Cali flag flies in (I've forgotten exactly where) TX.
PS - for fun, note that it's pretty visible in one of the "Dirty Harry" movies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland