Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,315,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL - on the Baseball subforum - in the Sports area of CD - the Oakland Athletics Moneyball thread is getting more attention than the San Francisco Giants are - even after SF won the World Series.
yea i know right?
especially how the Giants WS thread has 167 replies and 17 pages
while the A's moneyball thread has 78 replies on 8 pages

LOL numbers dont lie!!!11!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,487,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
oh ok, so a warriors fan bragging to a mavs fan in 2008 about the warriors winning a title in the 70s would've been ok right? just as you mentioning an a's title in 1972 which you weren't alive to enjoy is perfectly fine. LOL
Like I said, nobody I know has ever bragged about ONE title except for Giants fans before yesterday. But what the hell do you know about NBA titles to begin with as you've proven already?
Quote:
there are different tiers when it comes to football franchises in the NFL, and their championship pedigree
Okay, so what tier would you put the A's and Giants in for baseball?
Quote:
49ers, steelers, packers and cowboys are the premier franchises in the NFL.
Historically yes they definitely are and their championships have a lot to do with that. Now go take a look at the Top 3 franchises in MLB for championships. I'm sure once you do you'll apply a different standard though as double standards seem to be your thing to these types of debates.
Quote:
but what are we talking about here.... this is a baseball thread
True but you're the one that originally brought the NBA into it remember?
Quote:
like i said, this is what im dealing with at the moment:
Getting off posting pictures online?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
i'd ask why you aren't out in the streets celebrating with all of your friends, since your team just won the world series and all

but you make it pretty obvious why nobody would want to hang out with you

LOL
i dont live in san francisco anymore. if i did i would've be at pedros like i was for the nlcs clincher getting hammered.

but why dont you regale us with how you celebrated the last A's title, when george bush sr was still president, gas cost 99 cents and the berlin wall was still up

Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,000,199 times
Quote:
but why dont you regale us with how you celebrated the last A's title, when george bush sr was still president, gas cost 99 cents and the berlin wall was still up
And Mark Mcgwire wasn't known as a steroid cheat.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Like I said, nobody I know has ever bragged about ONE title except for Giants fans before yesterday. But what the hell do you know about NBA titles to begin with as you've proven already?
Okay, so what tier would you put the A's and Giants in for baseball?
Historically yes they definitely are and their championships have a lot to do with that. Now go take a look at the Top 3 franchises in MLB for championships. I'm sure once you do you'll apply a different standard though as double standards seem to be your thing to these types of debates.
True but you're the one that originally brought the NBA into it remember?
Getting off posting pictures online?
i'm getting off planning tomorrow night as im getting blasted and not going to work to catch the parade the next day

the giants and a's both rank in the top 5, with the yankees being so far ahead of everyone else rankings in mlb arent as good of a discussion as they are in the NFL where there isnt 1 team that's won more titles than damn near every other team combined.
if its combined titles, it's yankees, stl, a's, giants/bosox

here's another pic to hold you down for the rest of the day:

Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,487,805 times
Quote:
i'm getting off planning tomorrow night as im getting blasted and not going to work to catch the parade the next day

the giants and a's both rank in the top 5, with the yankees being so far ahead of everyone else rankings in mlb arent as good of a discussion as they are in the NFL where there isnt 1 team that's won more titles than damn near every other team combined.
if its combined titles, it's yankees, stl, a's, giants/bosox

here's another pic to hold you down for the rest of the day:
Well I was talking about the Top 3 since that is what you originally were using, but if you need to move the goal post to include your little Giants then by all means feel free to do so. It's the first time in your history in SF that you can actually use the word "dynasty", so by all means live it up! Now you don't have to try to so hard to forget the past .

Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,241,347 times
you really have no idea what you're talking about.

your posts, however, are a textbook example of the annoying, ill-informed, obnoxious Giants fanbase that people have grown to despise over the years.

Yankees, Cardinals, and A's fans are all laughing at you and your sheer ignorance about the game of baseball, while football and basketball fans are just confused by your posts.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,927,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Uh the A's also won THREE back to back World Series in 72,73 and 74. 2/3 ain't bad for the Giants, but if we're using your definition of 'success', 3/3 is certainly better, right? Oh wait, my bad, titles only count if they've happened in the past three years

Now, would you like to bring up division titles, because the A's have 15 West Division crowns (Giants have 8), or what about the overall series between the teams (A's lead 47-45, and have led the series the past 10 years)? Oh yeah, and A's have one more pennant (6-5).

Like I said, great job on getting half as many championships as the A's. Enjoy your team's most recent success. They were certainly better than the Tigers in the four games they played against them just now
Eh - both teams have a pretty impressive history - and both won titles over or close to a hundred years ago - Giants - 1905(are Zito, Vogelsong, Baumgarner, and Cain comparable to Christy Matthewson?) and Connie Macks A's in 1914.

Chief Bender? Jarrod Parker?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,241,347 times
Unless you're only counting the past 3 years, the A's are the better franchise historically. How is this hard to understand?

Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM

72,842 posts, read 62,249,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL - read the book - it is excellent - and still relevant today(it was published in 1981).

I was going to play up your "anomaly" comment - but Garreau actually calls Hawaii, Interior Alaska, Manhattan, and Washington D.C. - abberations.

It has been a while since I read the book. I loaned it to someone who was studying real estate and haven't seen him much since.

I suppose I will have to buy some property from him to get the book back - or maybe I will just buy another copy.
When I mentioned anomaly, I was talking culturally, in terms of what sports teams I vote for and what I consider myself. I live in the South, but I don't consider myself a southerner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland