Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Quebec is in America, just not the United States.
It's in North America not the United Stated of America. I though this was about best US cities. In fact I believe this entire forum is for The United States of America. US cities. Why are we discussing Canada? BTW I love western Canada and wish I could live there. BEAUTIFUL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 12:16 AM

14 posts, read 36,827 times
Quote:
LA and San Diego are far more interesting and rich in culture than SF. Thats why people in SF always need things like this post to convince themselves that its so great

THAT is hysterical.... OK I went to Los Angeles... and that place my friend is a J-O-K-E JOKE!! It's a city where you do absolutely nothing but drive to sightsee... you can't walk from one end of LA to the other... all people do there is drive everywhere... and o yeah there's Hollywood and Beverly Hills... BFD!!! there is nothing in LA that you can't do in SF, and you can't say vice versa... for example... in LA you can go to the beach, you can do that in SF as well. in LA you can go clubbing and partying, you can do that in SF... In LA you can go to theme parks, you can do that in the suburbs of SF... In LA you can go to the aquarium and see the Queen Mary... you can go on a boat or go to an aquarium maybe not in SF but some other coastal town on the east coast.... now vice versa, In SF you can go see alcatraz... in SF, you can drive down the crookedest street in the world, go to any kind of ethnic restaraunt, take public transportation and cable cars (which are an amusement within itself), go walking down the street and window shop.... i mean the list is endless... not to mention when San Francisco was a thriving metropolis, LA and SD were just getting started. San Francisco has been voted by many magazines across the globe to have the best culture and best nightlife behind NYC in the US. I mean you may have a point about LA having culture, but the difference between LA and SF is that in SF you can walk down the street if you want to see culture and things to do, instead of looking out your car window... thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinPacificaCA View Post
thats my story and i'm sticking to it!
Yes, right or wrong we must all stick to our story.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:39 AM

323 posts, read 1,425,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinPacificaCA View Post
THAT is hysterical.... OK I went to Los Angeles... and that place my friend is a J-O-K-E JOKE!! It's a city where you do absolutely nothing but drive to sightsee... you can't walk from one end of LA to the other... all people do there is drive everywhere... and o yeah there's Hollywood and Beverly Hills... BFD!!! there is nothing in LA that you can't do in SF, and you can't say vice versa... for example... in LA you can go to the beach, you can do that in SF as well. in LA you can go clubbing and partying, you can do that in SF... In LA you can go to theme parks, you can do that in the suburbs of SF... In LA you can go to the aquarium and see the Queen Mary... you can go on a boat or go to an aquarium maybe not in SF but some other coastal town on the east coast.... now vice versa, In SF you can go see alcatraz... in SF, you can drive down the crookedest street in the world, go to any kind of ethnic restaraunt, take public transportation and cable cars (which are an amusement within itself), go walking down the street and window shop.... i mean the list is endless... not to mention when San Francisco was a thriving metropolis, LA and SD were just getting started. San Francisco has been voted by many magazines across the globe to have the best culture and best nightlife behind NYC in the US. I mean you may have a point about LA having culture, but the difference between LA and SF is that in SF you can walk down the street if you want to see culture and things to do, instead of looking out your car window... thats my story and i'm sticking to it!
In LA you can drive from one end of the metro to another without paying toll
In LA you can see movie stars without buying a ticket

Old 02-21-2008, 02:02 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcy View Post
In LA you can drive from one end of the metro to another without paying toll
In LA you can see movie stars without buying a ticket
Bridge tolls in the Bay Area pay for a laundry list of transportation projects statewide.

Your welcome.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Robin Williams no longer a star?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:41 PM

161 posts, read 697,051 times
For the record, I like both cities but would much more like to move to SF over LA anyday. Basically same prices right? Much better culture in the bay.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenzit420 View Post
For the record, I like both cities but would much more like to move to SF over LA anyday. Basically same prices right? Much better culture in the bay.
The Median Home Price in the LA Area is approximately $200,000(or about 30%) cheaper than The Bay Area.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The Median Home Price in the LA Area is approximately $200,000(or about 30%) cheaper than The Bay Area.
LA Times said the median home price for Los Angeles County in January 2008 was $475,000.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM

161 posts, read 697,051 times
Same thing....
Either way Ill be renting for the next 5-6 yrs once I mvoe their.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland