Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 02:46 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Every.
I find those articles balanced as they discuss specific businesses and areas with Oakland for the most part.

Thus I find that I would indeed like to visit Oakland, and may do so this summer, yes indeedy.

The Fresno Road Show may be coming to a place near you.

I find whitey saying he's to scardey to live in Oakland pathetic. As I've pointed out I am whitey, and live 5 miles from the Fresno Bulldog territory. And I checked with my ex-boss in Pasadena who is now in Oakland who assured me that her adjusters do just fine in Oakland and do not have to be trained in firearms and jiu jitsu to survive. I trust her far more than I do random Doc who won't answer a thread of a poster asking for a referral to a psych, which he should be able to provide if he'd take the time.

Thus I find Doc's reaction a hystical over-reaction as he's calling for a military occupation of Oakland.

So we have Anti-Oakland Doc, bringing forth anti-Oakland unbalanced article, and I argue the other side, kinda while teasing Doc for fun.

If there are any other questions I will be in my chambers.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,009,241 times
I'm not calling for a military occupation, I'm debating the value of military intervention.

This has been suggested before:
Tammerlin Drummond: No good reason for Oakland not to declare public health emergency - Inside Bay Area

Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
I'm not calling for a military occupation, I'm debating the value of military intervention.

This has been suggested before:
Tammerlin Drummond: No good reason for Oakland not to declare public health emergency - Inside Bay Area
Blatantly unconstitutional. Dismissed with prejudice.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Blatantly unconstitutional. Dismissed with prejudice.
Noel Gallo, Oakland Councilman, has even supported the idea of the National Guard:
Gang Shootings Lead Oakland Residents To Call For National Guard Protection « CBS San Francisco

Reporter: Even calling in the National Guard?
Gallo: Whatever it takes.

Of course, Gallo could just be an Oakland hater who has no idea what's going on even though he's a councilman for the city, right?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:00 PM

Doc, you called out the Marines. You didn't say nothing about no National Guard.

But it still doesn't meet the criteria for a "National Emergency" or "state of emergency" as largely defined by myself and my understanding of the Constitution and the little constitution as referred to by Anthony Kennedy and the kitchen sink and my own deliberations on what constitutes a national emergency. And America and apple pie and Chevrolet.

Hey, is that Gallo a Gallo?

Military intervention would take the form of an occupation with current technology...

PS: Your link blasted out a commercial on loud as I had the sound up a bit to high. Anyone interested come down to Free For All Friday in the music forums in the Free for All thread. We is dj'ing it up down there.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,039,906 times
Quote:
I find those articles balanced as they discuss specific businesses and areas with Oakland for the most part.

Thus I find that I would indeed like to visit Oakland, and may do so this summer, yes indeedy.

The Fresno Road Show may be coming to a place near you.

I find whitey saying he's to scardey to live in Oakland pathetic. As I've pointed out I am whitey, and live 5 miles from the Fresno Bulldog territory. And I checked with my ex-boss in Pasadena who is now in Oakland who assured me that her adjusters do just fine in Oakland and do not have to be trained in firearms and jiu jitsu to survive. I trust her far more than I do random Doc who won't answer a thread of a poster asking for a referral to a psych, which he should be able to provide if he'd take the time.

Thus I find Doc's reaction a hystical over-reaction as he's calling for a military occupation of Oakland.

So we have Anti-Oakland Doc, bringing forth anti-Oakland unbalanced article, and I argue the other side, kinda while teasing Doc for fun.

If there are any other questions I will be in my chambers.
I'm down with what you said.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Doc, you called out the Marines. You didn't say nothing about no National Guard.

But it still doesn't meet the criteria for a "National Emergency" or "state of emergency" as largely defined by myself and my understanding of the Constitution and the little constitution as referred to by Anthony Kennedy and the kitchen sink and my own deliberations on what constitutes a national emergency. And America and apple pie and Chevrolet.

Hey, is that Gallo a Gallo?
Yes it does. The governor has the sole right to declare a state of emergency in California as long as he does not violate the following:

"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Otherwise, Brown could have allowed the national guard to enter Oakland had the crime spree in January gotten more out of control.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Yes it does. The governor has the sole right to declare a state of emergency in California as long as he does not violate the following:

"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Otherwise, Brown could have allowed the national guard to enter Oakland had the crime spree in January gotten more out of control.
I know the Governor can call a state of emergency. I was transferred down to Pasadena from Bakersfield the weekend after the King riots FYI.

No similar situation exists in Oakland. It ain't even close.

Do you actually think Oakland is in Rebellion?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
He said he's had his car stolen!

He's also witnessed robbery at gun point. Unless you're calling him a liar, but then if he had said "Everything is fine in my neighborhood!", you wouldn't be posting anyway. We both know that.
he did not write he witnessed a robbery at gunpoint.
furthermore his description of his neighborhood and crime sounded a lot like Noe valley.
my point still stands not all oakland neighborhoods are the same and areas like forestland and shepherds canyon (areas most oakland bashers have never heard of let alone visited) are actually pastoral

Google Image Result for http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/5584549980_bc39ae743e.jpg

Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What urban area has this? No one seems to have this list of places......in any city..........
The fact that he and his co-haters refuse to name ANY neighborhoods that are super safe, have excellent schools and are very affordable for middle class families in San Francisco or Los Angeles that are supposedly wayyyy better than areas of Oakland considered middle class can only mean one thing-they dont have any.

My work here is done. Always a pleasure "doc".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland