Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, Im sure hospitals in other cities dont deal with bullet wounds at all-just Oakland.

LMAO.
Not exactly true. They do deal with gun shot trauma in other cities, but I will say this, the ER doctors here in Oakland are especially skilled due to their extensive daily experience. Having worked with them personally, I can say for sure if you get shot in Oakland, you have a good chance of surviving if you don't get killed outright and end up in one of their ER rooms.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
I doubt you are much older than I am, and as a young doctor, I dealt with it up close and personal at in Oakland Hospitals and seen the trauma caused by a bullet wound. Have you had to physically put your hand on a man's heart through a cavity near his armpit, while he's flat lined, in an attempt to resuscitate him because he stopped breathing due to gun shot wounds? No, I don't think you have. You're the party that comes AFTER the violence has occurred, and then you ship the damage to people like me.

Don't get high and mighty at me "officer", I have dealt with more victims of Oakland street violence than you can have nightmares about.

I could be like you, and "stay in my castle". I live in Lafayette, I have acres of land, and I could easily wash my hands of the city. But I don't, because I care, which is apparently more than I can say for you.
Uh huh! Here's a clue for you. Never underestimate the "1st responder" experience of combat troops who have had their friends and brothers-in-arms wounded, or worse, right before their eyes. Gun shots, shrapnel wounds, missing limbs, sucking chest wounds... The stuff of real personal nigtmares. Big difference between a sterile ER and a field treatment and
stabilization to try to save someone long enough for transport to be safe enogh to come in .

From your postings my best guess is that if you're a "doctor" at all it may be a Ph.D - a Piled higher and Deeper!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
With all due respect Nineties, let's talk about the truth, and the general lack of it in your posts. Here's a statement you made literally a MONTH ago.

You even said the violence was localized, and "unorganized" unlike L.A gangs. I called you out on it, and a bunch of Oakland boosters came on to defend you saying Oakland doesn't have gangs. I and a few others brought up real information from Oakland Gang Intelligence officers that said Oakland was full of gangs, and they were extremely active. You disregarded it. This literally lead to a 100+ post thread where Oakland boosters were denying gangs existed in Oakland.

Well guess what? You were WRONG.
Oakland not ready to declare state of emergency over crime wave - Inside Bay Area

Your own chief of police has admitted that two RIVAL gangs have been responsible for 90% of the violence since last year, and the gangs are AT WAR wreaking havoc in the city and left 15 bodies on the street last weekend. Of course, if someone believed your story, this is technically impossible since "Oakland only has turf crews" that don't venture out of their own turf.

In a way, this recent violent surge is not only some sort of karmic retribution for your false statements (very timely too), but it also proves you don't have a clue of what's happening in your own city.

So Nineties, when it comes to the truth, only one of us has a problem here, and we both know it's not me.
Nope, you're still full of it. More than likely the two "gangs" they're talking about is WSO (West Side Oakland) and ESO (East Side Oakland) the same way they label NSO (North Side Oakland) a "gang", which is the equivalent of saying "90% of the murders were committed by thugs in West Oakland and East Oakland." Well no ****. Your continual ignorant rantings about the crime culture of a city you know nothing about really is hilarious at this point.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Uh huh! Here's a clue for you. Never underestimate the "1st responder" experience of combat troops who have had their friends and brothers-in-arms wounded, or worse, right before their eyes. Gun shots, shrapnel wounds, missing limbs, sucking chest wounds... The stuff of real personal nigtmares.

From your postings my best guess is that if you're a "doctor" at all it may be a Ph.D - a Piled higher and Deeper!
I WAS a doctor. I no longer practice because I'm old, retired, and my eye sight is about 10x worse than it was when I was 32 and in my prime. These days I would do more harm than good in anything requiring even minor surgery.

Anyway, this isn't a "who can brag more about dealing with gun shot trauma" thread. It's about Oakland's recent crime wave.

Let's keep it on topic "officer". Shall we?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Nope, you're still full of it. More than likely the two "gangs" they're talking about is WSO (West Side Oakland) and ESO (East Side Oakland) the same way they label NSO (North Side Oakland) a "gang", which is the equivalent of saying "90% of the murders were committed by people in West Oakland and East Oakland." Well no ****. Your continual ignorant rantings about the crime culture of a city you know nothing about really is hilarious at this point.
But... but... I thought Oakland didn't have gangs, only "turf crews" according to your postings.

Quote:
Oakland doesn't have gangs, it's turf crews of 2-3 people.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
I WAS a doctor. I no longer practice because I'm old, retired, and my eye sight is about 10x worse than it was when I was 32 and in my prime. These days I would do more harm than good in anything requiring even minor surgery.

Anyway, this isn't a "who can brag more about dealing with gun shot trauma" thread. It's about Oakland's recent crime wave.

Let's keep it on topic "officer". Shall we?
From the obsessor who turns every topic into an anti-Oakland diatribe.

Fine with me, "Doctor."

Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
From the obsessor who turns every topic into an anti-Oakland diatribe.

Fine with me, "Doctor."
Do you understand what the prefix "anti" implies in the context you use it?

If someone who WANTS things to change in Oakland (less crime, less homicide, less gangs) is seen as "anti-Oakland", then what is the pro-Oakland platform?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
But... but... I thought Oakland didn't have gangs, only "turf crews" according to your postings.
Try reading it again genius. North Side Oakland is no more a gang than South Side Chicago is... You wouldn't know that from looking at a North Oakland gang injunction though.

Gang Injunction

Quote:
The City sought an injunction against the North Side Oakland crime organization because of the severe and increasing violence associated with its members. In 2007, there were three NSO-related incidents involving murder, shooting or gun possession. In 2008, that number rose to seven incidents. In 2009 that escalated to 18 incidents, including seven murders.
There is no "organization"... it's the equivalent of saying every murder committed by thugs in South Side Chicago can be attributed to SSC - the South Side Chicago "criminal organization" - which is just as hilariously idiotic as the real gang injunction they're using in North Oakland.

More than likely they're blaming the violence in East and West Oakland on "ESO" and "WSO" neither of which are gangs.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Not exactly true. They do deal with gun shot trauma in other cities
And so therefore your comment could be applied to any city and even more so to much larger cities like Los Angeles that have several times as many gun shot victims on a regular basis than small Oakland.

Please try to stay on topic by making comments that actually apply to Oakland specifically. Generalizations arent helping the dialogue. FYI.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Try reading it again genius. North Side Oakland is no more a gang than South Side Chicago is... You wouldn't know that from looking at a North Oakland gang injunction though.

Gang Injunction

There is no "organization"... it's the equivalent of saying every murder committed by thugs in South Side Chicago can be attributed to SSC - the South Side Chicago "criminal organization" - which is just as hilariously idiotic as the real gang injunction they're using in North Oakland.

More than likely they're blaming the violence in East and West Oakland on "ESO" and "WSO" neither of which are gangs.
Okay maybe you're right. What's your theory since the Oakland Police Chief obviously has it wrong, and you must have it right.

How many "2-3 person turf crews" are involved? Probably a lot right? They dropped 15 bodies last weekend. They must be good shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland