Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Fitsburgh View Post
I've spent plenty of time in Oakland looking at properties for investment and for myself. However we have found a place in Berkeley. I've spent the past month In Oakland, all over Oakland. I'm more than qualified to speak on Oakland. I actually found a pretty good investment property at the Broadway Grand Condo's which I will probably pay cash for as well.
A month on a real estate tour makes you more qualified than a resident of the city?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
So there are no Pre Med Students are U.C. Berkeley Ok. LOL Yes Berkeley has never sent any students to UCSF it's "Medical School".
No, pre-med people study stuff like biology, molecular cell biology (MCB) and chemistry. Not "pre-med."

Well at least all the doctors I know who went to Cal.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM

116 posts, read 190,049 times
Typical, i don't put pre med COURSES and those with no leg to stand on run with it. Pre med is a series of courses. Yes there is premed at Berkeley. Stop trolling.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM

6,409 posts, read 8,251,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
It's actually sad. Very sad. It gives a glimpse into the future of Oakland when people who live there don't care about the cities problems, and that's why it's been the way it is for over 40 years. Oakland will never reach its full potential, at least not in our lifetimes. People are too busy tearing each other down, and focusing on each other's differences, instead of how they can work together.
Yeah, you're right. It IS sad. Almost as sad as people who sit around on message boards all day spewing negativity, misinformation, and vitriolic hatred toward cities they don't even live in. Almost.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Typical, i don't put pre med COURSES and those with no leg to stand on run with it. Pre med is a series of courses. Yes there is premed at Berkeley. Stop trolling.
And the audience of pre-med courses is a wide range of people. Why would you be brought in to "teach "pre-med" when those classes cover a wide range of disciplines: calculus, biology, chemistry, physics, english.... which one of these topics do you specialize in. Especially since most of those courses are for general ed and/or people in that specific major.

When I was at Cal, there were no "pre-med" specific sections of each of those courses. In fact the only one that ha a difference was math 1A. There was one version aimed at science people, and one for a more general audience.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,694,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And the audience of pre-med courses is a wide range of people. Why would you be brought in to "teach "pre-med" when those classes cover a wide range of disciplines: calculus, biology, chemistry, physics, english.... which one of these topics do you specialize in. Especially since most of those courses are for general ed and/or people in that specific major.

When I was at Cal, there were no "pre-med" specific sections of each of those courses. In fact the only one that ha a difference was math 1A. There was one version aimed at science people, and one for a more general audience.

I already pointed out that seems a waste of his medical training in another thread.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,504,387 times
Dang there is so much going on . . . what was this thread about again?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Why would you be brought in to "teach "pre-med" when those classes cover a wide range of disciplines: calculus, biology, chemistry, physics, english.... which one of these topics do you specialize in?
Yeah this has all become really amusing hasnt it?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,002,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Yeah, you're right. It IS sad. Almost as sad as people who sit around on message boards all day spewing negativity, misinformation, and vitriolic hatred toward cities they don't even live in. Almost.
Case in point.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 AM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Case in point.
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland