Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM

4 posts, read 4,395 times

Advertisements

perhaps I should have left it simple w/o the apologetic nonsense you guys clearly see as facetious.. just answer the following question:
Where do young professional college grads from ivy league or stanford live within the city?

As for my comments on the Marina: EVERYTHING i've read about it indicates it is filled with dumb sorority girls and fratty douche bags... so it's not like I'm judging people..... thats what everyone else in SF says!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,067,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhankypants View Post
perhaps I should have left it simple w/o the apologetic nonsense you guys clearly see as facetious.. just answer the following question:
Where do young professional college grads from ivy league or stanford live within the city?

As for my comments on the Marina: EVERYTHING i've read about it indicates it is filled with dumb sorority girls and fratty douche bags... so it's not like I'm judging people..... thats what everyone else in SF says!!
I don't know if there's a certain neighborhood where Ivy Leaguers congregate and was going to suggest you get on meetup.com but, alas, the "Ivy League Club of San Francisco" only has 7 members: The Ivy League Alumni Club of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup

Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM

116 posts, read 190,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I don't know if there's a certain neighborhood where Ivy Leaguers congregate and was going to suggest you get on meetup.com but, alas, the "Ivy League Club of San Francisco" only has 7 members: The Ivy League Alumni Club of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup
Thanks for this, Even though I won't be living in SF I am an Ivy League Grad.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,067,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Fitsburgh View Post
Thanks for this, Even though I won't be living in SF I am an Ivy League Grad.
Well, heck, in LA, join: Ivy League Alumni Club of Los Angeles | Facebook

Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM

116 posts, read 190,070 times
I'm already a member however I'm moving up to Berkeley to teach.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
You will meet who you meet and like it. Or maybe they won't like you, either way. There isn't a location for the people you want to meet.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM

6,409 posts, read 8,252,517 times
Quote:
i'm not going to argue with you. if don't get it you dont' get it. There is this whole weird aura of guilt, entitlement, inadequacy, narcissism ambition etc. that goes along with the ivy league group -- it's not all roses. i'm not being facetious when I say (most of us) don't think we're better than anybody else -- not the janitor and not the accountant etc. The reason i consistently have to post that disclaimer is because people jump to attack anyone mentioning their degree as "being elitist". all I want to know is what area has people that have a similar experience to my own and would understand my motivations and ambitions and problems. If you've never been to an Ivy League school maybe that is why it is so hard to understand why that similar experience is at all meaningful. but once you have you would get my point.

and i could care less about my grammar.
*couldn't care less

Anyway, it's just bad form to move to a city all the way across the country and purposely try to segregate yourself from "non-Ivy Leaguers". Seriously, who does that? You do realize that plenty of other smart, ambitious, and educated people live in SF, right? It's one of the most educated cities in the nation. If you want things to be just like where you're from, you can spare yourself the move and backlash...

Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 PM

42 posts, read 89,718 times
Quote:
mod cut People in the Marina are more likely to work in finance or consulting, less likely to have advanced degrees - they really sound like your kind of people. Many went to Ivies.

I doubt that most of the people I know here who went to college in the Ivy League (and there are tons) would want anything to do with people like you (i.e. those trying to separate themselves from everyone else) The Ivy-educated people working in other fields or who got advanced degrees, or who don't feel like they are part of a special club for having attended an Ivy League school are more likely to live in the Mission, Castro, SoMa, Panhandle, Hayes Valley, Inner Richmond, etc.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-06-2013 at 02:48 AM..

Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,506,447 times
It seems if you went to an Ivy league school or any school for that matter there would be some kind of alumni or networking group to connect all grads all around the world. Maybe even a Facebook page?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland